This is a Main Card fight not a fight pass

IMPmmath

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Im tired of these great fights being put on as the fight pass headliner.I have fight pass but I wanted to watch Cub/Kawajiri on my TV on the Main Card.Now I see that Magny/Larkin will be a fight pass headliner on 202.
Its bs. The main card could really use that fight instead of Hyun Gyu Lim or Tim Means fight.

It's always been that there's a buildup and anticipation for the best fights and now it's changed by more greed trying to get people to buy fight pass.
It's bad enough sometimes that there's 2 or 3 fights on the fox sports portion that are better than the main card.They went too far with this fight pass shit.

You can watch fight pass on your tv with a roku device or just hooking your computer up to your tv using an HDMI cable. I don't see the problem if you have fight pass? I like it when these great fights headline fight pass because it gives me something to look forward to earlier in the card.

They need some good fights to sell the fightpass card

If fights like Cub/Kawajiri aren't on the fight pass prelims we will miss out on the gift that is WMMA being on the main cards like the Moroz/Taylor brawl this past weekend.

You can watch fight pass on your tv with a roku device or just hooking your computer up to your tv using an HDMI cable. I don't see the problem if you have fight pass? I like it when these great fights headline fight pass because it gives me something to look forward to earlier in the card.

Agreed. It's just like when they would put a fight that is better than a PPV fight as the "prelim headliner".
No problems here but I have a roku. Let's get a collection together and send TS an HDMI cable. I got .50 cents on it.

Selling Fight Pass, ya goof.

igGJG.gif

I love it. More good shit they put on there the better.

Its not cool. Theyre just trying to get more money out of you. But whatever. Its a business

That's the point. Kind of like the Fox prelims headliner. Put a great fight on and people will hopefully tune in to whatever media it's on. Trying to promote the free and FP stuff -- giving people a reason to want to get Fight Pass. Marketing, my friend...

That's the point. Kind of like the Fox prelims headliner. Put a great fight on and people will hopefully tune in to whatever media it's on. Trying to promote the free and FP stuff -- giving people a reason to want to get Fight Pass. Marketing, my friend...
I don't give a fuck about the UFC lining their pockets. I don't mind them putting good fights on FP. I mind when they have awful, horrendous fights that have absolutely no business being on any main card like Moroz/Taylor or Smith/Gigliotti above a fight like Swanson/Kawajiri. Make the entire card good. Don't put an awesome fight on FP and then put shit on the main card that nobody wants to watch. No to mention they robbed Cub and Crusher of the FOTN bonus too like they frequently do with prelim fights.

It is kinda weird having this great FP prelim fight, followed by a couple of fights with unknowns right after.

I wanted to see Cub vs Kawajiri. Cub's one of their few dynamic finishers and they should put him where more people will watch and develop a following for him then put him on TV main event or PPV.

They're not putting on "more good shit"; you're getting the same shit, just in a different order.

It is a disservice to quality fighters that deserve to be later on the card where they would get more exposure. You could make the argument that 'headlining' the FS1 fights is better than being the first fight of a main-card PPV, but there is no denying that substantially less people catch the Fight-Pass fights.

Furthermore, its ridiculous that in this day and age, when I say "hey gang lets watch the fights", that involves swapping from an internet stream, to a cable channel, and finally to a Pay Per View. Paying $60 for a fight should mean that you buy it and that's it- everything is on the PPV.

I was gonna make a thread. Why can't the main card JUST HAVE Larkin/Magny and Cody/Mizu? Why can't it just be those 5 fights, and not fucking TWO of them taken off to be spread around the card for all this prelim "headliner" bullshit, leaving 2 prelim esque fights on the motherfucking ppv

Last edited:
Back