This is a huge setback for Sandhagen

Sandhagen got fucked over cos the judges think that walking forward and holding someones back against the cage scores more than outstriking and wobbling your opponent several times. Absolute shitshow

I'm fine with Dillashaw getting a title shot (even though I scored the fight for Sandhagen) but with TJ being out 2 1/2 years already he likely wont fight for the belt until spring of 2022, way too long to sit.

If Garbrandt is moving down I see Bantamweight going like this:

Aljo vs Yan
Dillashaw vs Font
Sandhagen vs Aldo/Munhoz winner

Hell, put the on a stacked 135lb main card with O'Malley vs Edgar on there as well. All fits and makes sense.

He went the line in a very close fight with one of the division's best and looked like, with minor adjustments, he'd win a rematch.

You're tripping.

He's in the same position as Calvin Kattar.
Being so close to the title shot, then losing, and now far away.
People are forgetting that there are numerous Bantamweight contenders rising up the ranks quickly, including Bantamweight Khabib.

He has to fight 2 more to be a contender again.
Nah, fight fans can see that he won the fight and is better than TJ. He outstruck him and outgrappled him, winning both areas comfortably. And TJ is 35, surely on the decline. Cory's hype was halted a bit but that'll recover. He should be more pissed that the judges robbed him of his win bonus.

People are forgetting that there are numerous Bantamweight contenders rising up the ranks quickly, including Bantamweight Khabib.
The top tier of bantamweights have separated themselves from the pack.

Tier 1: Sterling, Yan, Font, Dillashaw, Sandhagen

The only fighter that is 1 win away from possibly joining that group is #10 Merab, who is scheduled to fight Moraes.

#4 Aldo and #8 Munhoz are both 1-2 over their last 3 and they are about to turn 35.

#5 Garbrandt is 1-4 over his last 5 and planning to drop to flyweight.

#6 Moraes is 1-3 over his last 4.

#7 Edgar has a KO loss and a split decision victory at bantamweight and he turns 40 in a couple months.

#9 Cruz is 1-2 over his last 3 and he is 36.

#11 Assuncao has lost 3 straight and he is 39.

#12 Rivera is 1-3 over his last 4.

#13 Vera is 2-2 over his last 4.

#14 Phillips just lost to Paiva.

#15 Stamann has lost 2 in a row.

The more worrisome thing for Sandhagen is how little he did to go out there and take this fight. TJ was grinding, not looking his usual self because his knee was jacked and he was struggling to see from his right eye. What is Sandhagen’s excuse for letting that split D slip away? Dude needs to learn from this.

not only the busted knee and one eye, but that was TJ on a two year lay off and past his prime athletic years. I'm not sure what to make of this performance from either guy.

Reactions: CPH
Back