This is a first, and I hope to never see it again.

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

As Mark Calaway said "In pro-wrestling, 'Holy shit that was awesome' is two inches away from 'Oh man, he's not getting up."

Damn, I watched this clip several times in a row, and was thinking "Its amazing one of these guys pitched the idea to do this in the back, the other two agreed to it, and it actually worked as planned." But I'm also looking at least a dozens ways it could have gone VERY BADLY for at least one of them, and even then the guy that landed first with the other on top of him, flat on his back, makes me wonder if he's going to have some very serious spine issues if not from that specific spot but taking multiple spots like that in his career.

God damn I love crazy spots sometimes but it makes me wonder if they have anyone that says 'Guys... that's awesome you want to do that but the likelihood of injury is just too damn high."

Am I just one of those people that fine with pro-wrestling being 'watered-down' by wanting to hold back wrestlers from trying insane shit like this, or should there be more encouragement for the freedom of wrestlers to try whatever they like out there?

Shit like that, aside from being dangerous, is so fucking kayfabe breaking. Any move where one guy, or two in this case, have to just stand in place and take a move is fucking garbage. Wrestling is at its best when it's believable. If I want go see acrobatics I'll go to Cirqe de Sole.

Shit like that, aside from being dangerous, is so fucking kayfabe breaking. Any move where one guy, or two in this case, have to just stand in place and take a move is fucking garbage. Wrestling is at its best when it's believable. If I want go see acrobatics I'll go to Cirqe de Sole.
<PlusJuan>

<PlusJuan>

<PlusJuan>

Honestly, it didn't look too bad. See more dangerous shit in your average ladder match.

It's a stupid move, though. I never did like when those big...err..."human chain" moves started becoming regular. Like the 3/4 man suplex, or whatever. It looks so ridiculous.

Honestly, it didn't look too bad. See more dangerous shit in your average ladder match.

It's a stupid move, though. I never did like when those big...err..."human chain" moves started becoming regular. Like the 3/4 man suplex, or whatever. It looks so ridiculous.
Like this one?

58017-15547721202486-800.jpg

Here's another one of those 'The fuck were they thinking?' spots, and it didn't go as smoothly as the one in the OP.

<PlusJuan>

Wrestling was overall better when they called just about everything in the ring. It made the match look more like a struggle and there was a more natural flow to it rather than just trying to the next planned spot.

I hate those tower of doom corner spots almost as much as I hate the Young Bucks...almost.
So the Bucks doing a tower of doom would set you off?

I think the lady doth protest too much

You secretly have grown to love Matty and Nicky.

Who the fuck are Matty and Nicky? I thought we were talking about Balding and Pieface?

I may come off like a dick for saying this but...

As viewers, it's not our job to care about the health of the performers. That's up to the performers and their management. I'd rather not see chair shots that concuss others, but that's for management to rein in, not for us to condemn on YouTube.

It's our job to watch and be entertained. That's all.

Who the fuck are Matty and Nicky? I thought we were talking about Balding and Pieface?
I’m guessing that balding is Nicky and Pieface is Matty?

Back