This has got to be a joke???

ssx

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Saw a few different sites saying Deontay Wilder's camp is trying to make a fight with Hugie Fury??? It's now listed on Boxrec...total embarrassment and joke of a fight if Wilder goes through with it.
http://boxrec.com/boxer/468841

Hughie and Peter Fury have huge balls, too much balls for their own good. Unlike other risky fights for Hughie this is one in which hughie can get knocked out brutally.
He's 19 or 20 it's too early even though he has a good win and probably beats a lot of guys.
it'd be hilarious though if Hughie somehow won sadly he'd be set up for execution because povetkin is mandatory but at one point Wilder has to fight Povetkin or he has to drop the title.

I think Hughie Fury is a good fighter, i've been more impressed with him than Tyson Fury honestly, based onthe few fights I've seen.

Hughie has close to zero knock out power he will get crushed by Wilder.
Hopefully this is just some silly rumour

I dig the fight.
Two undefeateds... Deontay should win, but I'll like this.

Actually prefer this over Arreola.

Actually prefer this over Arreola.

Same here.
Deontay can't win with some. This should be a fun fight to watch. And, if he throttles Hughie it will build up some drama for the fight with Tyson.

Hughie isn't close to Tyson seano

Can Dan says Andrzej Wawrzyk is a possibility also.

Gross. Guess we shouldnt expect much better this short of notice now but meh.

Edit: All Ive seen of him since Povetkin smashed his head in was Botha, has he gotten any better?

Last edited:
It think to much too early for Hughie but tbf the one guy Hughie beat 2 fights ago is basically the best win of Lucas Browne who many would probably be ok with as an opponent and Hughie beat him easier than Browne did.
But it's too early for Hughie he needs more experience against legit top 20 guys

Wawrzyk would be complete crap though Hughie would be 10 times better than Warzyk especially after the last fight against Molina

I like the fight...I like the Fury's balls for pushing for it and it is possible that Tyson and Hughie could both be champions by the end of the year.

Tyson's inside fighting is due to his size?

More skilled IMO.

Tyson Fury is all size.

Tyson is not all size and Hughie is a big HW as well. At the moment Hughie is not more skilled than tyson. Does he have more potential?

Maybe but who knows and Tyson was always someone who was overlooked and got to another level when he needed to predicting the career of a 20 year old HW is foolish.

And agains aying that tyson Fury is all size is just so wrong. Tyson can fight orthodox and southpaw well which is super rare let alone at HW, he ahs a good gas tank, he is mobile for his size, he has a high fight IQ, his jab is getting better each fight and he is possibly the best infighter at HW nowadays

From Povetkin to Hughie fuckin' Fury:p Wilder fans hang your heads in shame.

The Povetkin fight is mandatory and will happen but negotiations will be completed in October for an early 2016 fight.....this is an optional defense....Wilder is keeping busy with credible opposition....not unlike other champions of the past.....Look at boxing history.

Keep that in perspective, Povetkins handlers said September was too soon.

Granted, Wilder wants another before him anyway, but Povetkin wasnt turned down.

Hugie is good for his age, can definitely fill out and get bigger.He puts up a decent fight with wilder though now, better than most expect. In a few years though he beats him.

I guess Hughie isn't as bad as I thought? After taking the easy route against Molina in his last fight, I was hoping he'd step it up a notch. At least a Tony Thompson or Carlos Takam level guy. Hell I'd like a Mansour or even a Luis Ortiz fight better. At least a guy who can test his chin... Hughie wont do that.

Back