This guy can beat Adesanya

He didnt want anything to do with Silva when he was in his prime and you think he'd fight let alone beat Izzy?? Lol

This would be a better comeback fight. Beat Andy of current gen while old himself.

Dude did a runner from Robert Whittaker...
The Bisbing fight was so hated the UFC had to cancel it the first time because of the back lash.

By the way, I have been pleasantly surprised by TS. <mma4>

(I was sure it was going to be about that other guy... :D )

He looked quite good against Bisping...
Then again... it was against Bisping...

Yeah and Bisping is also two years older than GSP. GSP was 36 at the time of that fight and was clearly showing signs of age IMO. Bisping was 38. Now GSP is three years removed from competition and has been fighting Father Time for those three years. I think if he came back at this point there's a good chance he'd look like a shadow of his former self and that's why I very seriously doubt we'll see him fight again.

Doubt it these days at 40 yo, but in his prime I could absolutely see GSP come in that fight with the right gameplan, like he did so often when facing better strikers, and nullify Adesanya's striking with a grappling/wrestling clinic. GSP always fought his opponents where they were the weakest by dictating where the fight occured.

I think a 30yo GSP, pre ACL injury, would cause problems to Adesanya. He was a more well-rounded fighter than Adesanya is now, and he had the best wrestling and takedowns in the UFC in his prime. People tend to forget how good he was

I don't see Adesanya beating that version of GSP:
DX3olXj.gif

But now? Nah man, leave the old man alone

Last edited:
Troll thread. Would look worse than Costa fight imo. GSP should have fought Anderson when he had the chance.

I agree he has the skillset, but he's too old rn and Izzy in his prime.

Either way we know what this thread really is, just Izzy haters on life support, grasping at straws for dear life.

Animation1.gif

He's a decade out his prime, retired, and smaller.

GSP was terrified of Silva while George was in his prime. No way he beats Adesanya now.

Lol. He is 40 years old. Izzy would wrap his hands around his tiny head and knee him in the face.

Doubt it these days at 40 yo, but in his prime I could absolutely see GSP come in that fight with the right gameplan, like he did so often when facing better strikers, and nullify Adesanya's striking with a grappling/wrestling clinic. GSP always fought his opponents where they were the weakest by dictating where the fight occured.

I think a 30yo GSP, pre ACL injury, would cause problems to Adesanya. He was a more well-rounded fighter than Adesanya is now, and he had the best wrestling and takedowns in the UFC in his prime. People tend to forget how good he was

I don't see Adesanya beating that version of GSP:
DX3olXj.gif

Prime GSP or Weidman are kryptonites for Adesanya. A younger Romero would be the death of the MW division. Too bad he entered MMA a bit late.

GSP was terrified of Silva while George was in his prime. No way he beats Adesanya now.

As others have mentioned, Silva actually had great BJJ on the bottom. Adesanya doesn't, as seen in his fight against Vettori.

Way too small. Way past prime. Even prime GSP had no chance.

Back