this fight for dustin is a lose lose

Apparently the other option they were considering for him was Tony Ferguson. In that sense, I think fighting Nate is a better option.

A title shot was far from guaranteed for Dustin. This fight is actually the best way to cement his name at the top of the division, and definitely presents the best avenue to make a Conor rematch compelling. It's an easier match than Tony and will get him more exposure.

If he knocks Nate out or finishes him decisively its a huge win for him!

A fight with Nate pays better.

Looks like a win to me.

Maybe you’re right, but I assume that is not necessarily true. It depends on Poirier’s contract…does he get a cut of the PPV? Does he have that on his contract…GSP had this, Conor obviously has this, and Brock too, but Poirier?

Maybe they make a separate contract for a specific fight with clauses where guys get a cut of the PPV revenue despite their respective contracts not necessarily including such clauses? Regardless, that’s a fun fight, but TS is somewhat right: kind of a risky fight for Poirier, as Nate is not that good a matchup for him and losing the fight could cost him his title shot.

Diaz will draw in casuals for sure, beating Nate gets Dustin’s name out there

It's the co-main, I'm assuming Dustin is getting some sweet PPV money, besides if he didn't feel confident in beating a 19-11 fighter then he has no business talking title shots tbh.
Ya, but he's a pretty 19-11 fighter. Very dangerous fight for a style like dustins. Boxer v boxer is Nates game.

A title shot was far from guaranteed for Dustin. This fight is actually the best way to cement his name at the top of the division, and definitely presents the best avenue to make a Conor rematch compelling. It's an easier match than Tony and will get him more exposure.

until conor is standing in a cage talking bout conor is a waste of time.

If he knocks Nate out or finishes him decisively its a huge win for him!

but if he doesn't sherdog will say how could he not finish a guy who is coming out of retirement.

Diaz will draw in casuals for sure, beating Nate gets Dustin’s name out there

doesn't mean dustin getting a bigger pay day. it the co main so he wont get ppv points when he should be fighting khabib instead.

if dustin were to lose sherdog and conor lovers will call dustin a bum.

if dustin wins but doesn't fnish nate lose sherdog and conor lovers will call dustin a bum for not being able to finish a guy who is coming out of retirement.

it also the comain event so dustin doesn't even get ppv points since that goes to main event fighters.

dustin should of waited for the title shot since the world still doesn't know if conor is retired or not.
You are dumb. Conor lost to nate, conor didn't finish nate. If Dustin does the same thing the "conor lovers" won't say shit. Also where the fuck does it say you don't get ppv for being co main event? You get ppv if it's in your contract. You could be the first fight or anywhere on the main card and you'll get ppv if your contract says you'll get ppv

First of all, it’s “should have” not “should of”

What about if Dustin wins via finish?
It’s definitely not a loss for his bank account

a title fight with khabib pays better than a retired nate
Ya, but he's a pretty 19-11 fighter. Very dangerous fight for a style like dustins. Boxer v boxer is Nates game.

I'm not saying Nate has no chance, I actually voted for him in the poll, but if Dustin is not confident enough in his skills to beat a gatekeeper then he is not championship material imo.

i actually think it's win-win for him. if he wins, he's still there in contention for the title. if he loses, he would have made decent money out of it.

so a title fight wouldn't pay more than a comain spot vs a guy coming out of retirement.
If you keep it generic like that probably a title fight is worth more. But if you put Diaz or McGregor as the "guy coming out of retirement" then that fight is worth more.

It's a win-win for his bank account.

You can bet he's making a shit-ton more for this fight than he ever has.
Think so? Legit question. I'm sure you can negotiate PPV points, but didn't Dustin just sign a contract?

Think so? Legit question. I'm sure you can negotiate PPV points, but didn't Dustin just sign a contract?

If it's for a huge, high profile (money-generating) fight, you can bet that the brass will be willing to offer something beyond the contract.

I HIGHLY doubt that Dustin took this fight on his normal salary. He was given a serious incentive.

You are dumb. Conor lost to nate, conor didn't finish nate. If Dustin does the same thing the "conor lovers" won't say shit. Also where the fuck does it say you don't get ppv for being co main event? You get ppv if it's in your contract. You could be the first fight or anywhere on the main card and you'll get ppv if your contract says you'll get ppv

conor lovers call khabib a bum for not finishing the 11th ranked guy so the same conor lovers will say the same thing about dustin if he doesn't finish nate who is coming out of retirement to fight.

ufc has said only main event get ppv points. im sure dustin doesn't have that in his contract since he never been a main event to a ppv. if dustin cant get it there no way nate does 2.

i actually think it's win-win for him. if he wins, he's still there in contention for the title. if he loses, he would have made decent money out of it.

it not like dustin getting a huge raise to fight a guy coming out of retirement. if he was fighting khabib than a different story.

Back