This Effectively Ends Jones' Claims to GOATness

He just broke the record for championship wins dumbass
Hit me back when he defends his belt 10 times consecutively before calling him GOAT.

He could have been GOAT, but he spent his entire career juicing and doing coke with hookers.

Reyes running away the last 45 seconds was a bad visual and threw away that round.

I don't know. I gave Jones round 3. Octagon control. My buddy thought Reyes had it, could have gone either way.
That 49-46 judge should be shit-canned for sure though.

Octagon control doesn't nullify strikes landed or damage. That's literally the first deciding factor in each round.

Imagine that Fedor and GSP never did roids and fought in an era with virtually no drug testing

<{Heymansnicker}>

At least GSP never hid under the octagon for 8 hours to prevent his urine sample from being collected.

Robbery? Come TF on. I think JJ won, but it was close. Hardly a robbery

Dude. Anyone who has even the most fringe knowledge of MMA knows Jones lost the first 3 rounds.

Come TF on with what? Lol.

At this rate, Jones will be right there in no time lol

But honestly, Jones is fading fast and seems vulnerable. This is shocking compared to how he once looked. this is unexpected. Against Santos some could assume he was just playing with his food and taking it easy. But here, he was in a tough, hard fight. Forced to fight hard, and even panic wrestle at times, and appeared to many to have lost more round than he won.

This is shocking.
Thats testament to how good Reyes is. Jones is not fading fast, the competition is just getting better. Reyes is a great athlete who has come up studying someone like Jones. A lot of things that used to catch guys off guard, like the oblique kicks and spinning shit, they train for that now.

So if a fighter came along and beat everyone, won all of his fights by corrupt decisions he would be the GOAT. That's just dumb

But that's the thing it's not really a corrupt decision. Dominic Reyes didn't decisively beat Jones. It was close. Lots of people think that the wrestling for Jones and the fact that Jones took him down and controlled the octagon was enough for him to win. Jones has never been knocked out or submitted before so if someone wants to take that GOAT title from him then maybe they should find a way to knock him out or submit him.

Jones looks tentative out there -checking his own kicks and spin moves over and over as if afraid to commit. Being off da Aggro Soup cant help plus i think hes just tasted enough real damage as to 2nd guess himself alot more now. Not as bad but reminds me of trigger shy Rampage

What a load of bullshit

If Jones retires tommorrow he can go down as the goat because of his title reign and who he has beaten along the way and how many times he defended the belt .

People still call Fedor the Goat and he has been Ko d beaten up so many times and just fights cans mostly nowadays

You can't take away everything Jones has accomplished because he got tested in a fight and won . This is fighting and it was a tough fight but Jones got the win .

Jon finished the fight strong never looked In trouble never tired in the fight always came forwards Reyes is a big guy and quite strong as well . But Reyes was clearly getting tired in the third round and was fighting in bursts while Jones was coming forwards .

End of day he won the fight so it is what it is.

Reyes wasn't consistent and looked to be taking time off during rounds at times doing nothing as he was gassed . Reyes first round was great but we knew he wouldn't be about to keep that pace up . This also shows how tough of a fighter Jones is as well .

I enjoyed the fight but to say he can't be the goat now because he got tested in a fight is ridiculous .

And you got Izzy running a round saying he is going to beat Jones is a joke . Izzy has been ko'd stiff in the Kickbixing days and he hasnt defended his belt yet. And he is fighting a guy over 42 who is on a losing streak a foot shorter than him . No disrespect to Romero as i think he has a chance but the odds are against him as he could well be past getting the win .

Last edited:
This fight was a robbery, purely and simply.

There is no way one can with a straight face give any of he first three to Jones without indulging in blind favoritism. Jones' last three performances since returning (3/4) have been the worst of his career. This only reinforces that his dominance was aided by external factors. He just hasn't looked the same since returning, and not because competition suddenly got better: Smith, Santos and Reyes were touted as some of the easiest fights in theory Jones should have had.
how can someone as roided as jones be considered goat. in mainstream sports if you're caught your done. mma is different and performance enhancement by jones is accepted.

he's still up there but with the drug tests he's definitely not #1. Pissing hot multiple times and falling off with new drug testing, 3 close decisions (1 robbery) in a thin division is probably too much to be considered #1.

Imagine that Fedor and GSP never did roids and fought in an era with virtually no drug testing

<{Heymansnicker}>

Your words mean nothing with no evidence to back it up:)

Won the interim UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Jones was stripped of the title after testing positive for clomiphene and letrozole prior to a title unification bout against Daniel Cormier.

For the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Performance of the Night. Originally a KO (head kick and punches) win for Jones; overturned and Jones stripped of the title after testing positive for turinabol.

The goat he says.

Octagon control doesn't nullify strikes landed or damage. That's literally the first deciding factor in each round.
I haven't read the rules to know if that's the case, but if there is greater differential between octagon control time than differential in strikes it would make sense to me that it would.

Reyes gas out, if there was 6 round Jones would win it easy

This fight was a robbery, purely and simply.

There is no way one can with a straight face give any of he first three to Jones without indulging in blind favoritism. Jones' last three performances since returning (3/4) have been the worst of his career. This only reinforces that his dominance was aided by external factors. He just hasn't looked the same since returning, and not because competition suddenly got better: Smith, Santos and Reyes were touted as some of the easiest fights in theory Jones should have had.
giphy.gif

Jones 2, 4, 5.

A close fight is not a robbery, grow up.

I haven't read the rules to know if that's the case, but if there is greater differential between octagon control time than differential in strikes it would make sense to me that it would.

But that's not how it works, it's not and it's an if or system. If fighter A won the first criteria then he won the round.

First criteria is strikes landed and damage dealt, second criteria is grappling and submission,a third and last criteria is octagon control and agresion.

Few things to take into considetation:
- Fear of loosing a formidable winning streak and GOATness status, hence taking less risks
- Fear of being knocked out

Imagine if Jones had lost to Fabio Maldobabo

Imagine if Fedor had started needing judges to start blatantly gifting him decisions at 32 years old instead of 42 years old......

Funny how Jones GOAT fanboys kept saying how awful Fedor was for declining at 34 and here's Jones arguably losing two fights in a row against practically nobodies.

Back