This Effectively Ends Jones' Claims to GOATness

I don't know. I gave Jones round 3. Octagon control. My buddy thought Reyes had it, could have gone either way.
That 49-46 judge should be shit-canned for sure though.
Octagon control comes after effective striking and grappling

He’s 12 years into his career and still on top.

Fedor after 10 years was getting knocked out by a gust of wind and “out of his prime” according to his fan boys.

Jon is still the GOAT.

Puting a needle in his ass did that.

This "win" just puts more * by his name, and it's not really his fault.

Being GOAT is based on winning fights.. not HOW you win it.
If that's the case then GSP shouldn't be the GOAT of his era because he didn't beat Johny Hendricks in a good way. No one cares at "how" you win. It's the fact that at the end of the day, you did win.

Let the record books reflect the opposite of your opinion.

Greatness is about extended apexes. Jones' is probably tops for endurance or longevity but Silva's and Georges' need more respect. Especially Andy for how he finished the fights. Ask Florian.

Imagine if Jones had lost to Fabio Maldobabo

At this rate, Jones will be right there in no time lol

But honestly, Jones is fading fast and seems vulnerable. This is shocking compared to how he once looked. this is unexpected. Against Santos some could assume he was just playing with his food and taking it easy. But here, he was in a tough, hard fight. Forced to fight hard, and even panic wrestle at times, and appeared to many to have lost more round than he won.

This is shocking.

The benefits of steroid use don't go away when you stop taking them. Jones can never be clean now since he used steroids

I assume it would be less effective even if it sits in your system? I’m Not overly knowledgeable about this subject.

Reyes got 1 and 2. Nothing too crazy but he was landing.
Jones got 4 and 5... and it was pretty clear.

3 is the toss up. could have gone either way. i'll have to watch it again without the commentary being biased against jones.

This fight was a robbery, purely and simply.

There is no way one can with a straight face give any of he first three to Jones without indulging in blind favoritism. Jones' last three performances since returning (3/4) have been the worst of his career. This only reinforces that his dominance was aided by external factors. He just hasn't looked the same since returning, and not because competition suddenly got better: Smith, Santos and Reyes were touted as some of the easiest fights in theory Jones should have had.

UFC lost all their credibility. WWE is more credible

Octagon control comes after effective striking and grappling
Maybe, but the striking was close and I thought Jones controlled the octogon the whole round.
I do wish there was a more definitive scoring system where there are actual points awarded for different things.

Reyes got 1 and 2. Nothing too crazy but he was landing.
Jones got 4 and 5... and it was pretty clear.

3 is the toss up. could have gone either way. i'll have to watch it again without the commentary being biased against jones.
i already did, Reyes clearly won that round

It further proves he is the goat

he keeps winning

he’s dealt with like 3 eras of legit challengers

He beat them all

That's what happens when you leave it in the hands of judges OP. IMO fight was 3-2 either way watching it again now.

I assume it would be less effective even if it sits in your system? I’m Not overly knowledgeable about this subject.
The benefits of steroid use can last for decades. Protein synthesis is changed permanently from a cycle. I've posted the studies here a lot. Cheating should lead to a permanent ban because the effects of steroids last long after you stop taking them

<DCrying>
Definitely Debatable. Not Controversial.
Jones is the GOAT.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Being GOAT is based on winning fights.. not HOW you win it.
If that's the case then GSP shouldn't be the GOAT of his era because he didn't beat Johny Hendricks in a good way. No one cares at "how" you win. It's the fact that at the end of the day, you did win.
So if a fighter came along and beat everyone, won all of his fights by corrupt decisions he would be the GOAT. That's just dumb

The benefits of steroid use can last for decades. Protein synthesis is changed permanently from a cycle. I've posted the studies here a lot. Cheating should lead to a permanent ban because the effects of steroids last long after you stop taking them

So why does Jones look like such garbage if it’s still in his system?

Back