This card has been a categorical success (ONE FC on notice? Disney applying pressure?)

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

In deep red Florida, clearly an amped crowd, a stellar match card filled with former number one contenders and established vets. The production has been sensational in terms of promoting the uniqueness of each fighters persona. Lots of color (blood), competitive match ups or finishes, and fighters who have gone above and beyond to play to this crowd. This is as close to a perfect show as ever for the UFC and ESPN!

Wow this totally feels like pressure from Disney to compete with the ONE FC/Amazon deal or the UFC wants to blow the comp out of the water. Have the new era of the MMA wars begun?

In deep red Florida, clearly an amped crowd, a stellar match card filled with former number one contenders and established vets. The production has been sensational in terms of promoting the uniqueness of each fighters persona. Lots of color (blood), competitive match ups or finishes, and fighters who have gone above and beyond to play to this crowd. This is as close to a perfect show as ever for the UFC and ESPN!

Wow this totally feels like pressure from Disney to compete with the ONE FC/Amazon deal or the UFC wants to blow the comp out of the water. Have the new era of the MMA wars begun?

Honestly yesterday only hurt the ONE/Amazon deal if you ask me. Not haveing Jarred Brooks and Brandon Vera's fights on the One card and instead of having them on at 6am Eastern time was a huge miss.

There is no connection. If this card sucked, this topic doesn't exist.
...but the card doesn't suck lol so there is literally no basis or evidence to support your perspective here.

Some boring fights in the lims but the main card woke me up no lie

It's been a good card, but I'm not seeing any direct connection to competing with One here.
ONE creating more access for casuals to watch MMA through Amazon Prime is cutting directly into UFC's base. Did not think I had to spell that part out but I can see how would not be clear if one did not have that understanding of the market and the history, and the context of MMA.

But, your basis of an arguement would be that the UFC directly set this up as an attack on One/Amazon. This is a pretty normal fight night card. It's not some spectacle to counteract ONE.

On top of that, the UFC doesnt need to go to war with One, Bellator etc.

ONE creating more access for casuals to watch MMA through Amazon Prime is cutting directly into UFC's base. Did not think I had to spell that part out but I can see how would not be clear if one did not have that understanding of the market and the history, and the context of MMA.

1. Source for it cutting into the UFC's base in a substantial way?
2. I get that orgs compete, but what's the direct connection to this card? I don't see one.

Casuals aren't watching ONE.

Casuals aren't watching ONE.
that generalization doesn't matter, ONE is cutting into the base and that's basic economics.

The UFC's market share shrinks on a deal like ONE/Prime.

I wish that was the case, but no idea.

The UFC has trotted out pretty weak fight night after fight night and all of a sudden stacks a fight night. This card would easily be good enough for a PPV except the main event, swap the main for a title fight and you have a PPV. Not sure why they all of sudden did this.

I wish that was the case, but no idea.

The UFC has trotted out pretty weak fight night after fight night and all of a sudden stacks a fight night. This card would easily be good enough for a PPV except the main event, swap the main for a title fight and you have a PPV. Not sure why they all of sudden did this.
Its because of the three week gap after the next card,which is also stacked, of no UFC. They do this every year

Back