This Cain-JDS stuff is ridiculous.

I'd rather they fought with short times in between, when they are both still amazing.
Ali and Frazier, Silva and Rampage. Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake LaMotta fought FIVE fucking times. The fights were so epic they just made them happen again and again.

These two will clearly beat the MMA record of number of fights.

I can realistically see them fighting at least five times.

TS you're obviously not a fight fan if you don't look forward to the two best heavyweights slug it out to see who's best.

Please GTFO.

Who if not JDS? Reem, Werdum, Brown or Barnett?

I don't see any of them have a better chance than JDS. Barnett is a threat to just about anyone but DC and Cain. Good wrestling and better standup

Agreed TS, at this rate they'll fight 20,000 times before they retire. The HW division is too fucking weak.

It feels worse than it is because of the Bigfoot rematch being tossed in there. Cain having had only two opponents over the course of five fights (three years) is a bit ridiculous.
That said, they're the top two in the world, and having them batter each other on a regular basis seems like an awesome thing to be able to complain about.

I only hope that the loser's career isn't put on hold after bout.

The clear 2 best HWs duking it out and trading wins? Yeah, I'm in for that.

They want to be the first competitors to fight 10 in a row in MMA history. It will only work if they keep exchanging wins. :icon_chee

UFC needs this fights so they can build another contender or two.

After this fight, the champion will defend the belt against Werdum and Browne/Barnett winner should be next.

With guys like Nelson, Hunt, Overeem and Bigfoot out of the title mix.. plus Cormier not fighting Cain there is no much left in the HW division.

But they're such good competitive fights, TS?

Oh wait

These two should just say fuck the rest of the division, we're fighting a best of 7 series. Every 3rd numbered event from now until someone wins 4.

the only thing that is frustrating is that Cain's last 5 fights will be JDS-Bigfoot-JDS-Bigfoot-JDS

Yeah, I know all about rubber matches, cocky. This as been three fights in a row in a short time. Ridiculous.

"A short time" means different things to different people. Flair and Race would wrestle each other three times in less than a week and nobody complained. In baseball you have two teams playing each other four times in as little as three days and nobody complains.

It used to be standard for the world champion in wrestling to defend his title in a two out of three falls match. Again, "a short time" means different things to different people. If the fights are doing good business, I don't see what the problem is. It's when less people start paying to see the two guys fight each other that there is a problem.

Back