This Bellator crew does not call the fights

AtlSteel

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
What an annoying crew. It's like they take turns coming up with some topic to riff on while the actual fight is happening. Occasionally they will interrupt themselves with a fight comment like "nice combination by .." and then it's back to their weird in-game pre-game conversation.

Also wow I knew Mike was kinda loud but without crowd noise that mfer shouts with no care in the world.

It's terrible. Imagine listening to this garbage on an audio stream. I know this isn't 1985, but every sport needs a real play by play commentator.

I didn’t catch whole card but they really blew the main event. When Bader got floored by the head kick they were calmly like “well, there it is...” as if Nemkov executed a minor thing they were talking about but they had to finish a thought...not like he was just about to finish Bader and end a pretty good sized unbeaten streak and convincingly avenge his mentor. Pretty uncharacteristic for Goldberg but Big John simply misses the mark, and adding JT makes it more unfocused. Mauro and Goldie are fine but they need new color guys.

Did anyone else catch Goldberg shouting “and Davim Nemkov is the new champion”? I mean it’s not a hard name, completely phonetic.

I kinda prefer it to everyone shouting "he's done/he's out/stop the fight/STOP THE FIGHT/GODDAMNIT HERB" and trying to dictate the ending.

Bellator put Paul Daley back on the mic. Put Ilima MacFarlane on the mic, put Tony Misech on the mic with his lively voice even though he's still trying to make a name for himself in Bellator. Put Matt Mitrione on the mic, put MVP on the mic. Put any myriad of Bellator established fighters and personalities on the mic. But get rid of Big John and Chael Sonnen and anything that has that UFC vibe to it watching a Bellator fight card.

You all would have loved the commentary on Full Metal Dojo/Cam Soda 2 last night.
It was incredible, had me laughing out loud. Buddy ripping on gender pronouns was classic “I mean person, not assuming any gender here. Sorrry America jeez, so stupid “

Last edited:
Jon Anik made sure to point out some dudes mullet

Expect him to get the Suga O'Malley treatment if he wins his next fight

Thompson belongs on the analysis desk at best, not in the commentary booth. Dude was so stuck on a tangent, Goldie had to interrupt him to announce a finish.

they really are terrible. Sean and Jimmy were fine, I didnt love Sean but they worked well.

If you wanted to get voice of UFC cause he's known ok but why ditch Jimmy to have Big John and Thomson? Thats a huge step down.

And UFC letting Jimmy go was dumb as shit, I understand it little more from their part cause they have a bunch of color guys who are fighters but Jimmy is really good.

I'd keep Big John in that role you need to know about a ref dec or a a rule etc but not as a commentator.

they really are terrible. Sean and Jimmy were fine, I didnt love Sean but they worked well.

If you wanted to get voice of UFC cause he's known ok but why ditch Jimmy to have Big John and Thomson? Thats a huge step down.

And UFC letting Jimmy go was dumb as shit, I understand it little more from their part cause they have a bunch of color guys who are fighters but Jimmy is really good.

I'd keep Big John in that role you need to know about a ref dec or a a rule etc but not as a commentator.
The part that sucks for Jimmy being let go by UFC was that they didn't have "room" for him yet they hired Trevor Whitman as the fight analyist during their transtion from FOX to ESPN.

It was incredible, had me laughing out loud. Buddy ripping on gender pronouns was classic “I mean person, not assuming any gender here. Sorrry America jeez, so stupid “

FMD is always weird, the fact they teamed with Cam Soda just took it to the next level.

They need Mauro or Quadros, without either one of them they don't have anyone to keep the team focused on calling the fights.

Back