Thinking of migrating to Canada

Canada is probably a closer lateral move coming from Australia. Avoid the US at all costs. Would be a downgrade.
tenor.gif

Oh yes it is. Look at this ridings map. You'll see that practically every major city is Liberal. All the rural Areas are Conservative.

Plus Western provinces want to separate pretty bad or at least be given autonomy since Toronto and Quebec decide elections.
This is how it is EVERYWHERE. and on a MUCH more extreme scale. calling Canada, incredible divided, and being torn apart is insanely naive

Sadly you'll be landing in a country incredibly divided and being destroyed by the Liberal party of Canada.

We have no rights and there is no freedom of speech.

We are currently in the process of banning and confiscating AR-15s and other semi auto firearms which will cost billions. I suspect this is why the Liberals want to quadruple the carbon tax.

Close to 100,000 AR-15s need to be destroyed and you can bet thousands will be stolen and sold on the streets. The process for confiscating these rifles is a joke. There is panic buying at the moment. Crime is increasing and gun violence is getting out of hand. Even though it has nothing to do with Canadian gun culture, legal gun owners still get blamed anyway.

The Liberals plan on increasing immigration to 400,000k a year and they are using immigrants for votes. Unfortunately it won't all be Aussies coming over.

If you feel like living in a soulless country and being used as slave labor for the globalists then by all means come on over!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/academic-extremism-comes-to-canada/article33185073/
University campuses have always leaned a little left. But in the 1990s, as the previous generation of academics was replaced by baby boomers, they began to lean dramatically left. The humanities and social sciences were colonized by an unholy alliance of poststructuralists and Marxists – people who believe that Western civilization is a corrupt patriarchy that must be dismantled.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...wer-struggle-waiting-to-happen/?noredirect=on
Last in formal importance are immigrants of color and their descendants, the faction of the Canadian progressive coalition that’s more often seen than heard. Immigrant communities are useful for Liberals to mobilize in the context of the Canadian electoral system, which relies on mass recruitment of party members to nominate candidates and features numerous minority-majority parliamentary districts. The result has been a rise in minority and immigrant members of Parliament, more than 80 percent of whom are Liberals. Yet the lack of power ordinary MPs enjoy means many of these politicians serve their party primarily as diversity symbols or get-out-the-vote strategists. They remain largely shut out from more authoritative positions, such as the Canadian Supreme Court, which has never had a nonwhite member.

Former Liberal adviser rips party over racial insensitivity in government ranks
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-blackface-racism-liberal-1.5292084
Aziz said that while he worked in the department, he heard staffers referring to certain communities as "ethnic vote banks."
The funny thing is, in the maritimes people like you do not dare talk about this stuff in public

This is how it is EVERYWHERE. and on a MUCH more extreme scale. calling Canada, incredible divided, and being torn apart is insanely naive
Got any examples? Alberta is infected but is still capable of resisting and Saskatchewan is still strong. Ontario and everything East of that is overrun by Liberals. Only rural areas are conservative but most of the ridings are in the cities and their surrounding areas.

The left right divide here is not violent but the LPC wants to destroy Canada. Read the link lol. This will ultimately sell it out to a central power like the UN for example.

400,000 immigrants each year to a small country will divide it. There's not even enough people with enough spare time to help integrate all of those immigrants.

That's why it's time to stock on guns that can't be registered. Canada is so woke that we'll even let in your third word diseases.

Last edited:
The funny thing is, in the maritimes people like you do not dare talk about this stuff in public

Yes because Ontario and everything East of that is overrun by Liberals. Even though I said nothing wrong or racist, facts in the east will incite a liberal mob..

Why do you think the West wants to separate so badly? Liberals in the east welcome their own enslavement and cultural destruction. You have no identity.

Lived in Vancouver for my whole life. I am moving to Halifax this summer.

Vancouver is a really good city but if you arent earning 100-150k I wouldnt recommend it. Living in the burbs is more affordable but is a cultural void. Its hard to and you will spend 20 hours a week in traffic.

It's a great nation. Try out BC if you want to see more fellow Aussie pals. It's also got the most diverse landscapes.

^ This all day.

I grew up on Vancouver Island and still live here. Easily one of the most beautiful places in the world.

I know this is racist, but Liberal politicians only love minorities for the power they get in votes....that’s happening everywhere. A mass influx of immigrants with no support programs, language qualifications, or job skills ruins countries in the long run. Liberals love to talk about no borders, peace and love, but Econ ically and socially it’s a disaster. Every country has their own examples...Australia included.....Sweden, France, England, the U.S......and it’s all for votes. If we really cared we would help organize the countries where they come from, instead of taking away their able bodied citizens away, making it more intolerable.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies... some not what I was expecting <45>

To answer a few questions that came up.

Location wise - and the aussies on here will love this - I'm in Tassie. Been here all my life, never had an interest in moving to the mainland. Would move to Macquarie Island if it was viable though.

If you don't know Aus well, Tassie is the small island at the bottom. One of the coldest places in Aus, but no where near as cold as a Canadian winter (typical winter day morning where I am is about -5c). Funny thing is, the Canadians I work with all reckon Tassie winters are as bad as none of the houses here are built for the weather (too many were built to mainland standards) so you can really feel the cold. Also, being so far south, the days are pretty short in winter. Although we get snow here, it's rarely enough to make good use of, and there's not many good places to ski where I am.

My wife and I are both teachers, we'd be applying for visas that would let us work over there, but honestly, it's not our priority. If we sell up down here and move over, we will be in a financial position where we won't really need to work much. Probably would do a bit of relief work just to keep in touch with schools and to keep busy.

I've been checking out house prices in Canada and it blows me away how much value you get over there. I know I'm looking in NS, but I'm seeing houses over there at the 400k mark that you'd be paying well over a mill for in Tassie, which is one of the cheapest places in Aus to buy. It's frankly criminal how much house prices have been inflated the last 20 years in this country.

Cheers

I hope you’re okay with giving over half your income to taxes. Teachers are well paid here though.

Our cost of living is higher because taxes and then when they tax businesses ect, they pass that on to us. Our groceries are very high, gas, home heating.. everything. It’s gotten significantly worse in the past 5 years and likely will continue that way.

I hope you’re okay with giving over half your income to taxes. Teachers are well paid here though.

Our cost of living is higher because taxes and then when they tax businesses ect, they pass that on to us. Our groceries are very high, gas, home heating.. everything. It’s gotten significantly worse in the past 5 years and likely will continue that way.

It's the same down here. Cost of living in Australia is high as well.

I've been trying to get my head around how Canadian tax is calculated, looks like you have federal and provinicial income tax (Australian income tax is flat across states)? Seems that you guys get hit really hard in those highest brackets. I think in the lower brackets Australians might be taxed more though.

Not that I would be aiming to work too much over there anyway. Like I said, I'd be pretty much self funded if going over.

It's the same down here. Cost of living in Australia is high as well.

I've been trying to get my head around how Canadian tax is calculated, looks like you have federal and provinicial income tax (Australian income tax is flat across states)? Seems that you guys get hit really hard in those highest brackets. I think in the lower brackets Australians might be taxed more though.

Not that I would be aiming to work too much over there anyway. Like I said, I'd be pretty much self funded if going over.

Yeah, our tax situation is a confusing mess. If you work overtime too, prepare to take it in the ass. Or if you make over 80k, you get nailed too. I’m probsbly going to ask for a pay reduction, I’ve gotta do some math first but it seems like if I take a little pay cut, I’ll bring home slightly more as I am on the low side of the next tax bracket

Been talking about this with my family for a fair while now, and we're all pretty keen on the idea of selling up here and leaving Aus behind. Kind of sick of the oppressive heat and things always trying to kill you.

We're really interested in Nova Scotia, will probably try to get over there for a holiday this year and to get a better idea of what to expect. Keen on the idea of crazy storms and living near the ocean, and love visiting historical sites and getting out into the bush.

Anyway, What's it like living in Canada? What things do you need to be careful of? I'm assuming bears might be a concern, but are there venomous snakes/spiders or anything like that?
I've been everywhere in Canada including the Yukon, NWT and Nunavut, and pretty familiar with local economies. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Last edited:
Yeah, our tax situation is a confusing mess. If you work overtime too, prepare to take it in the ass. Or if you make over 80k, you get nailed too. I’m probsbly going to ask for a pay reduction, I’ve gotta do some math first but it seems like if I take a little pay cut, I’ll bring home slightly more as I am on the low side of the next tax bracket
Huh? That's not how that works. You only get taxed the higher percentage on the amounts that exceed that limit.
In 2020, Canada’s Income Tax Brackets are:

15% on the first $48,535 of taxable income, plus
20.5% on the next $48,534 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $48,535 up to $97,069), plus
26% on the next $53,404 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $97,069 up to $150,473), plus
29% on the next $63,895 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $150,473 up to $214,368), plus
33% of taxable income over $214,368

Hey guys, thanks for the replies... some not what I was expecting <45>

To answer a few questions that came up.

Location wise - and the aussies on here will love this - I'm in Tassie. Been here all my life, never had an interest in moving to the mainland. Would move to Macquarie Island if it was viable though.

If you don't know Aus well, Tassie is the small island at the bottom. One of the coldest places in Aus, but no where near as cold as a Canadian winter (typical winter day morning where I am is about -5c). Funny thing is, the Canadians I work with all reckon Tassie winters are as bad as none of the houses here are built for the weather (too many were built to mainland standards) so you can really feel the cold. Also, being so far south, the days are pretty short in winter. Although we get snow here, it's rarely enough to make good use of, and there's not many good places to ski where I am.

My wife and I are both teachers, we'd be applying for visas that would let us work over there, but honestly, it's not our priority. If we sell up down here and move over, we will be in a financial position where we won't really need to work much. Probably would do a bit of relief work just to keep in touch with schools and to keep busy.

I've been checking out house prices in Canada and it blows me away how much value you get over there. I know I'm looking in NS, but I'm seeing houses over there at the 400k mark that you'd be paying well over a mill for in Tassie, which is one of the cheapest places in Aus to buy. It's frankly criminal how much house prices have been inflated the last 20 years in this country.

Cheers
It's because nobody wants to live in Nova Scotia. Vancouver and Toronto are both in the top ten of most expensive.

Back