Thinking of migrating to Canada

Winters in Nova Scotia are pretty brutal man. As somebody already said, the only place they aren’t bad is BC, just a lot of rain, but the cost of living here is quite high, unlike NS.

Lol... How did a thread about an Australian wanting to move to Canada all of the sudden turn into a Donald Trump thread?
upload_2020-2-1_17-47-28.jpeg

I think Canada is safer and has more opportunity compared to the US.

If you think Australia is bad, try America out. It's a shithole over here, id love to move to Australia or Canada, but I'm pretty much stuck here now.

Been talking about this with my family for a fair while now, and we're all pretty keen on the idea of selling up here and leaving Aus behind. Kind of sick of the oppressive heat and things always trying to kill you.

We're really interested in Nova Scotia, will probably try to get over there for a holiday this year and to get a better idea of what to expect. Keen on the idea of crazy storms and living near the ocean, and love visiting historical sites and getting out into the bush.

Anyway, What's it like living in Canada? What things do you need to be careful of? I'm assuming bears might be a concern, but are there venomous snakes/spiders or anything like that?
like everywhere else theres pros n cons....probably the biggest for you would be the winter....if youve never experienced real winter that shit is probably not going to be to your liking....lots of good people here...we love aussies you'll have no issues that way, east coast is cheaper to live than west coast for sure but west coast would be more a climate you could thrive in I think, west coast is also more populated with alot more things going on there/busier

youre almost certain to never see one but we do have a couple of posionous things here, blackwidows ((their venom isnt as powerful here as in warmer climates)) brown recluse and hobo spiders but you could live a lifetime here and never meet anyone who has had any encounters with them, snakes are also very rare and if you see one its almost always just a non poisonous garter snake...wee fellows...the only issue with black bears you would ever have is if you got too close or in between a mom and her cubs so dont do that lol, hope you and your family come join up...the more the merrier...good luck!

And road hockey, and ice hockey, and pick-up hockey.
lets not forget table hockey eh and air hockey!

SB28214-main-1200Wx1200H

Homolka got out, most psychologists and experts who studied the case agreed that she was far far worse then the victim she tried to portray herself to be. That she very well may have been the mastermind behind luring the girls and was the one who hatched the idea to drug and rape her own sister. She's out now, has a family and kids, is a volunteer at her kids school.

There was a girl in Calgary I believe who hatched a plot to kill her parents and brother and convinced her boyfriend to help her do it, again, most people agreed she was the mastermind here. Cause she was underage, they had to let her go after her max years served despite some warnings she was not fully ok.

John Crawford, who murdered a girl, was thought to have maybe killed more based on his psyche, but was charged with manslaughter and let go after like 10 years, only to get out and kill a few more girls.

Of course not all can be classified as serial killers, but deranged nonetheless, for example:

Vince li, chopped a guys head off, started eating him, let loose

Jeremy molitor, stabbed his girlfriend 50 plus times, full parole.

Kelly Ellard, brutally conspired in and beat to death a girl in Victoria, of course not before ashing her cigarette out on her skin. Her co conspiritor got released, she gets to have not one but two kids which the government helps pay for and gets full day parole sessions to enjoy.

Watch the documentary, Dear Zachary... That's an eye opener.

Clifford Olsen, who they did catch and lock up for life for killing numerous kids in the 80s, they cut a deal with him for the whereabouts of missing kids bodies and they paid him 90k for his efforts. That blunder is still laughed at by higher up's to this day. The victims families didn't get shit.

Honestly I can go on and on. We have a multitude of serial rapists and pedophiles who are considered high risk that are constantly released back into the public to re offend just in my city alone.

The point here is, Canada's lax approach to discipline is appalling at best and because they let out people who have done harm and possibly could do harm again, they put more people at risk for absolutely no other reason then to try and prove how rehabilitation not persecution is the key.

Though I agree in some cases this can but true, if you sadistically killed someone in cold blood and several experts still think there's a chance you can re offend and there may still be issues, but you are granted release, that's a problem.

If you have sexually assaulted numerous people and are deemed a high risk to re offend, and yet are still released, that's a fucking huge problem.

Let's let this dangerous animal who already mauled people, out of its cage to potentially be able to maul, or worse again. Where's the logic in that?

Canada seems to think there is.
This is crazy.....rapists and pedos can not be rehabilitated. Save that shir for minor drug offenders and petty thieves...not for someone with a screw loose for violence or touching kids.

Been talking about this with my family for a fair while now, and we're all pretty keen on the idea of selling up here and leaving Aus behind. Kind of sick of the oppressive heat and things always trying to kill you.

We're really interested in Nova Scotia, will probably try to get over there for a holiday this year and to get a better idea of what to expect. Keen on the idea of crazy storms and living near the ocean, and love visiting historical sites and getting out into the bush.

Anyway, What's it like living in Canada? What things do you need to be careful of? I'm assuming bears might be a concern, but are there venomous snakes/spiders or anything like that?
What about the visa?

Canada has the most kick ass anthem in the history of anthems

This is crazy.....rapists and pedos can not be rehabilitated. Save that shir for minor drug offenders and petty thieves...not for someone with a screw loose for violence or touching kids.
Hell, the Greyhound Cannibal is out and about all on his own. FFS our dear idiot leader has welcomed back verified ISIS members.

Now I'm not a fire and brimstone kind of a law and order guy, but some people just can't be set loose on society. So yeah, I agree.

the outline of the Canadian states looks like America's beanie

We affectionately refer to Canada as "our hat." Or, as Homer Simpson says, American Junior.

To OP good luck in the move...100% understand why people would want to flee Australia these days. Most of what I know about Canada comes from Trailer Park Boys, so I don't believe I'm qualified to offer any real advice here.

Errr.. What do you do for a living? Most people in the maritime provinces are on welfare.

Halifax Nova Scotia here.

I like it. Mind you all the roads are crooked as fuck because they were designed for horse and carriage. We don't get snow as bad as further inland

There is not a single venomous animal in eastern Canada lol. Bears you won't see unless you go deep into the woods lol. I have never ever seen on in 30 years and I DID go deep into the woods on walks.

Its Winter tire weather between November and March usually. Shitty drivers who don't adjust driving in snow can be a concern but good drivers can see it a mile away and let them by to annoy someone else.

Its a good time to buy here too because houses are not expensive as fuck like on the west Coast.

When you say "what do i need to be worried about", the answer in Canada is "not much". Don't send daughters to certain high schools in Dartmouth i guess

Russia's national anthem is better.

The french Canadian lyrics for Oh Canada are metal as fuck though

To th eTS- don't you need to apply for refuge status or something? You just can't show u and be like, I'm gonna live in Canada now

Sadly you'll be landing in a country incredibly divided and being destroyed by the Liberal party of Canada.

We have no rights and there is no freedom of speech.

We are currently in the process of banning and confiscating AR-15s and other semi auto firearms which will cost billions. I suspect this is why the Liberals want to quadruple the carbon tax.

Close to 100,000 AR-15s need to be destroyed and you can bet thousands will be stolen and sold on the streets. The process for confiscating these rifles is a joke. There is panic buying at the moment. Crime is increasing and gun violence is getting out of hand. Even though it has nothing to do with Canadian gun culture, legal gun owners still get blamed anyway.

The Liberals plan on increasing immigration to 400,000k a year and they are using immigrants for votes. Unfortunately it won't all be Aussies coming over.

If you feel like living in a soulless country and being used as slave labor for the globalists then by all means come on over!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/academic-extremism-comes-to-canada/article33185073/
University campuses have always leaned a little left. But in the 1990s, as the previous generation of academics was replaced by baby boomers, they began to lean dramatically left. The humanities and social sciences were colonized by an unholy alliance of poststructuralists and Marxists – people who believe that Western civilization is a corrupt patriarchy that must be dismantled.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...wer-struggle-waiting-to-happen/?noredirect=on
Last in formal importance are immigrants of color and their descendants, the faction of the Canadian progressive coalition that’s more often seen than heard. Immigrant communities are useful for Liberals to mobilize in the context of the Canadian electoral system, which relies on mass recruitment of party members to nominate candidates and features numerous minority-majority parliamentary districts. The result has been a rise in minority and immigrant members of Parliament, more than 80 percent of whom are Liberals. Yet the lack of power ordinary MPs enjoy means many of these politicians serve their party primarily as diversity symbols or get-out-the-vote strategists. They remain largely shut out from more authoritative positions, such as the Canadian Supreme Court, which has never had a nonwhite member.

Former Liberal adviser rips party over racial insensitivity in government ranks
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-blackface-racism-liberal-1.5292084
Aziz said that while he worked in the department, he heard staffers referring to certain communities as "ethnic vote banks."

Sadly you'll be landing in a country incredibly divided and being destroyed by the Liberal party of Canada.

We have no rights and there is no freedom of speech.

We are currently in the process of banning and confiscating AR-15s and other semi auto firearms which will cost billions. I suspect this is why the Liberals want to quadruple the carbon tax.

Close to 100,000 AR-15s need to be destroyed and you can bet thousands will be stolen and sold on the streets. The process for confiscating these rifles is a joke. There is panic buying at the moment. Crime is increasing and gun violence is getting out of hand. Even though it has nothing to do with Canadian gun culture, legal gun owners still get blamed anyway.

The Liberals plan on increasing immigration to 400,000k a year and they are using immigrants for votes. Unfortunately it won't all be Aussies coming over.

If you feel like living in a soulless country and being used as slave labor for the globalists then by all means come on over!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/academic-extremism-comes-to-canada/article33185073/
University campuses have always leaned a little left. But in the 1990s, as the previous generation of academics was replaced by baby boomers, they began to lean dramatically left. The humanities and social sciences were colonized by an unholy alliance of poststructuralists and Marxists – people who believe that Western civilization is a corrupt patriarchy that must be dismantled.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...wer-struggle-waiting-to-happen/?noredirect=on
Last in formal importance are immigrants of color and their descendants, the faction of the Canadian progressive coalition that’s more often seen than heard. Immigrant communities are useful for Liberals to mobilize in the context of the Canadian electoral system, which relies on mass recruitment of party members to nominate candidates and features numerous minority-majority parliamentary districts. The result has been a rise in minority and immigrant members of Parliament, more than 80 percent of whom are Liberals. Yet the lack of power ordinary MPs enjoy means many of these politicians serve their party primarily as diversity symbols or get-out-the-vote strategists. They remain largely shut out from more authoritative positions, such as the Canadian Supreme Court, which has never had a nonwhite member.

Former Liberal adviser rips party over racial insensitivity in government ranks
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-blackface-racism-liberal-1.5292084
Aziz said that while he worked in the department, he heard staffers referring to certain communities as "ethnic vote banks."
Lol at Canada being incredibly divided. Have you been to other countries?

Back