Thinking of Buying Another Truck 4x4, Possibly H2 Hummer

So you got rid of a suburban because it had 30k miles and are looking at older vehicles?

Just say the note got to be a pitb and buy a low mile(for the age) Silverado like a 2011-14 with 100k on the clock

The 5.3’s will go 300k miles with proper maintenance

Nah, I had 30Gs into Sub. It was 2012, so figured I sell it before it gets too old. IMO 30k for a second vehicle is too expensive and I do need a cheaper 2nd truck for no more than 15k.

5.3s are decent, indeed and last into 250-300k miles easily.
However, I've not been able to yet locate a 1500 Silverado/Sierra either crew or supercab under 12-13k with ~100k miles. I will lift the thing, so adding even a conservative investment of 3k(tires/rims/lift/steering shocks....not impossible but more like 4-5k), after paying sales tax and registering the thing, I will be in over my 15k budget.

I would think a GM 6.0 V8 03-07 Generation would still outlive a 5.3L 07-14...... No replacement for displacement, as the saying goes? Some people commented that H2 tows better than 1500 Silverados, but it's a very anecdotal evidence.

So, I recently got rid of my Suburban 2500, which was a fast mean truck. It did 0-60 in 6 seconds flat while weighing 6700lbs.Had a 6L V8 with 3.73 gearing. Beastly truck, but I had over 30k in it, and given my other truck has another 50k in it, I needed to free up some cash and get a cheaper 2nd truck.

Since I plan on lifting my next truck too, I'm reserving 5k just for tires/rims/lift/maintenance. I don't want to go over 15k since I'm paying cash, so H2s look like the cheapest SUVs/trucks that money can buy.
They are all with 4x4 feature, have HD front suspension and 1/2 ton chevy rear axel, which can be beefed up with heavier duty springs or airbags for towing. It has a big V8 just like my suburban 6.0L. And It's actually a decent looking truck when lifted.

What do you guys think?

I would ideally like to find a 07-14 Sierra/Silvardo Crew cab, but they are 14-15k with less than 100k miles, and since I don't plan on spending over 15k, they go out of question, unless I run into a deal.

C5C60E04-1811-4B0F-849F-4B056D75E15F_6.jpg

010.jpg
For the love of all that is right and proper, don't get an H2. Those things are ugly and very dated looking.

And if it don't have a bed, a proper bed and not those half-assed beds found on the Honda patriot , H2 and Chevy Avalanche, it ain't a truck !

This is the strangest gimmick account on here

I have absolutely no idea why someone would lift their truck unless it is strictly for off road use. It kills practically and looks fuckin stupid. And for the love of God do not buy and lift an H2. I would be embarrassed to drive that shit.

For the love of all that is right and proper, don't get an H2. Those things are ugly and very dated looking.

And if it don't have a bed, a proper bed and not those half-assed beds found on the Honda patriot , H2 and Chevy Avalanche, it ain't a truck !

I actually think H2 was ahead of its time with boxy design. Trucks really went with boxy front look recently- especially Fords and Chevys. Their interiors, however 03-07 are pretty trashy, much like you would find in an Excursion. There's another relic of history people still love- people drive the shit out of those 7.3L and 6.0L diesel Excursions, which is really a short wheelbase F250 with 3rd row seating.

I didn't seriously consider H2 until last week just looking at prices on other trucks. Regular trucks just cost more. The hate of H2 seems to have depreciated them below their actual value.

I have absolutely no idea why someone would lift their truck unless it is strictly for off road use. It kills practically and looks fuckin stupid. And for the love of God do not buy and lift an H2. I would be embarrassed to drive that shit.
Even for off-roading only a moderate lift helps. The kind of lift featured in the OP is a detriment.

Why do you think it makes a bad towing rig? I do plan on putting stiffer coils on rear axel and maybe even add a tranny cooler.

Buying a "truck" that you plan on spending even more money on to make it good at towing is just stupid. If you actually wanted a vehicle just for towing shit you wouldn't be getting a H2.

Buying a "truck" that you plan on spending even more money on to make it good at towing is just stupid. If you actually wanted a vehicle just for towing shit you wouldn't be getting a H2.

I already heave a beast of a towing truck. 2nd truck is just more fun, but still needs to look good and tow.

I'm a bit of a renaissance man when it comes to trucks. I believe the ride can look good and still be capable.

Even for off-roading only a moderate lift helps. The kind of lift featured in the OP is a detriment.

Lift itself is not a huge detriment. It's usually the big ass tires that go onto that lift that really eat away at towing capacity.
Most lifts under 6'' don't really affect towing capacity that much or stability. In fact, you actually have to expand the wheel track for lift, and most guys overdo it so lateral stability actually improves. I did that on my 2500 ram, but only added spacers in the rear. Thing now drives like a dually- very stable, tracks straight, and looks extra aggressive from the back.

I actually think H2 was ahead of its time with boxy design. Trucks really went with boxy front look recently- especially Fords and Chevys. Their interiors, however 03-07 are pretty trashy, much like you would find in an Excursion. There's another relic of history people still love- people drive the shit out of those 7.3L and 6.0L diesel Excursions, which is really a short wheelbase F250 with 3rd row seating.

I didn't seriously consider H2 until last week just looking at prices on other trucks. Regular trucks just cost more. The hate of H2 seems to have depreciated them below their actual value.
I’d love to have an excursion for trips if they still made them with the interior of my 11 f250 and the 6.7.

I already heave a beast of a towing truck. 2nd truck is just more fun, but still needs to look good and tow.

I'm a bit of a renaissance man when it comes to trucks. I believe the ride can look good and still be capable.

So you just want to buy a H2 and trying to validate it anyway you can. Have fun wasting money of a crap vehicle.

I’d love to have an excursion for trips if they still made them with the interior of my 11 f250 and the 6.7.

Excursion interior is very f250ish..... literally like 2000-2006 F250ish.

If you care about interior and towing and interior comfort than 2500 burb with leather is the way to go. Chevy 07-14 interior is very respectable.

So you just want to buy a H2 and trying to validate it anyway you can. Have fun wasting money of a crap vehicle.

I've not bought it yet and it's not my first choice, because it has no bed...

Excursion interior is very f250ish..... literally like 2000-2006 F250ish.

If you care about interior and towing and interior comfort than 2500 burb with leather is the way to go. Chevy 07-14 interior is very respectable.
I have an 11 z71 ltz with lift and 35’s right now

Lift itself is not a huge detriment. It's usually the big ass tires that go onto that lift that really eat away at towing capacity.
Most lifts under 6'' don't really affect towing capacity that much or stability. In fact, you actually have to expand the wheel track for lift, and most guys overdo it so lateral stability actually improves. I did that on my 2500 ram, but only added spacers in the rear. Thing now drives like a dually- very stable, tracks straight, and looks extra aggressive from the back.
With the kind of lift shown on the H2 in the OP, your roll-over angle is compromised.

Back