Thinking About Getting A 9mm

The FN 509/FNS 9 is a stellar firearm, just another option for you. I believe someone already mentioned the P09/P10. I think the M&P has proven its worth on many different PDs, and some are cheap on the used trade in market (pre covid anyways)

Right now I carry a S&W Shield. Saving up to get a Glock 19 or 23 though. I'm a bigger guy, and can comfortably conceal a mid size firearm. If you change your mind and go with Glock, that would be my recommendation. I can still source 40, no 9.

Does anyone here have a P365? It seems like the ideal subcompact on paper, especially with the striker upgraded.

Does anyone here have a P365? It seems like the ideal subcompact on paper, especially with the striker upgraded.
I do.
Carried aiwb in a kusiak leather holster.
Zero issues. Yes, it's the updated one.
Is it the ideal sub compact....not sure. It works for me though. Great small pistol that holds enough rounds and easily conceals.

Reactions: JSN
Right now im really considering a CZ p07 compact but might go back to Glock due to having mags stock up from when I previously owned a few. Plus parts availability and all that...really I cant decide lol

Right now im really considering a CZ p07 compact but might go back to Glock due to having mags stock up from when I previously owned a few. Plus parts availability and all that...really I cant decide lol
Depending on generation, glock parts aren't so easily obtained right now. With the explosion of the 80% market, demand for gen 3 parts is fucking astronomical

True , I still have a few spare parts kits from years ago though, same with mags and parts will forever be floating around in circulation. Biggest mistake I ever did was trade in Glocks for the POS p320. Good thing I keep all spare parts ,mags and ammo.

Last edited:
When it's all said and done, no matter which one you get, they're all plastic 9mms. So wait till the Election is over and the hysteria drops along with the prices and get a Glock 48, and a few of those 15rnd mags they make for them and be done with it. The more like the 21 you have the better you'll shoot.
Glock-G48-Pistol-PA4850201-764503032653.jpg
I actually have a standing offer from a buddy for me to trade my used P365 + $50 for his brand new Glock 43X. I’m on the fence, as I haven’t had the chance to shoot the 365 much. But those 15 round shield mags are making the 43X super appealing, and at heart, I am a Glock fanboy.

I actually have a standing offer from a buddy for me to trade my used P365 + $50 for his brand new Glock 43X. I’m on the fence, as I haven’t had the chance to shoot the 365 much. But those 15 round shield mags are making the 43X super appealing, and at heart, I am a Glock fanboy.

I've never wanted a glock, but after shooting a friend's 43x, I wanted one. Or at least a 48.

They are really solid performers.

Those p365s are neat too, just a bit small.

Put you email on the 43x notify me link at primary arms. 3 weeks ago some came in: $448. Or 470 or so with night sights. I mean they sold out again in a few days, but i bet they get some more.

Glock 19X or 45. Same gun with a couple tiny differences mainly black vs tan & front slide serrations.

love mine to death. Quickly became my go-to

I've never wanted a glock, but after shooting a friend's 43x, I wanted one. Or at least a 48.

They are really solid performers.

Those p365s are neat too, just a bit small.

Put you email on the 43x notify me link at primary arms. 3 weeks ago some came in: $448. Or 470 or so with night sights. I mean they sold out again in a few days, but i bet they get some more.
I think his new 43x for my Used 365 +$50 is a pretty fair trade. Plus he has the black tenifer slide instead of that silver bitone crap.

The FN 509/FNS 9 is a stellar firearm, just another option for you. I believe someone already mentioned the P09/P10. I think the M&P has proven its worth on many different PDs, and some are cheap on the used trade in market (pre covid anyways)

Right now I carry a S&W Shield. Saving up to get a Glock 19 or 23 though. I'm a bigger guy, and can comfortably conceal a mid size firearm. If you change your mind and go with Glock, that would be my recommendation. I can still source 40, no 9.

This police officer was pushing me towards getting a Glock 19. He carries a Glock 17 and has a 19 for backup. My friend just got an M&P the other day. Wants to go to the range next week to try it out

This police officer was pushing me towards getting a Glock 19. He carries a Glock 17 and has a 19 for backup. My friend just got an M&P the other day. Wants to go to the range next week to try it out
Glock 19 is a good 'SHTF' gun because its easy to service, has parts commonality with handguns youll find all over the place, and requires little to keep in operational order. its basically the AKM of the pistol world

I would suggest striker fire for ccw. You could look at the CZ P10c, HK VP9, Sig P320 x carry, etc. The Sig is interesting because how modular it is. I just bought a X5 legion, different slide and grip module. But if that doesn't interest you the P10c is probably my favorite of those on the list.

I like the P226 and P229 but imo they are heavy and a bit bulky for ccw. The P226 is half a pound heavier than those on listed above
Owner of a Sig P320 Compact Carry (Compact slide, Fully size grip. 17rd). Been a good shooter although I do recommend purchasing an APEX upgraded flat trigger. Made it so much smoother to shoot. I also recommend the CZ P10c. Very nice stock trigger in my opinion.

Back