Thinking About Getting A 9mm

Brother Numsi

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Been a gun owner for over 10 years now. First gun I ever purchased was a Glock 21 which as you may know holds .45 rounds. I love it to death and it has only jammed on me once and it was my fault. Next gun I purchased was a Mossberg Shockwave 500. So basically now I have two weapons for home defense but I plan on getting my concealed permit in a few weeks and would rather carry something 'smaller' but still packs a punch.

So I've been looking at some 9mm and I've been impressed with the Sig Sauer P226. That was actually the gun I was going to get before I went with the Glock 21. A friend of mine is getting a Glock 17 which I think is one of the best 9's ever made. But I already have a Glock and would like something different

Any suggestions?

Been a gun owner for over 10 years now. First gun I ever purchased was a Glock 21 which as you may know holds .45 rounds. I love it to death and it has only jammed on me once and it was my fault. Next gun I purchased was a Mossberg Shockwave 500. So basically now I have two weapons for home defense but I plan on getting my concealed permit in a few weeks and would rather carry something 'smaller' but still packs a punch.

So I've been looking at some 9mm and I've been impressed with the Sig Sauer P226. That was actually the gun I was going to get before I went with the Glock 21. A friend of mine is getting a Glock 17 which I think is one of the best 9's ever made. But I already have a Glock and would like something different

Any suggestions?

I would suggest striker fire for ccw. You could look at the CZ P10c, HK VP9, Sig P320 x carry, etc. The Sig is interesting because how modular it is. I just bought a X5 legion, different slide and grip module. But if that doesn't interest you the P10c is probably my favorite of those on the list.

I like the P226 and P229 but imo they are heavy and a bit bulky for ccw. The P226 is half a pound heavier than those on listed above

I've got a Glock 26 Gen 4 that I absolutely love. My father in law gave it to me & taught me how to shoot it before he died. So, it's got sentimental value as well. I tried to interest my wife in one but she's strictly a .38 girl. Her favorite is her S & W 642. The Airweight revolver.

I would suggest striker fire for ccw. You could look at the CZ P10c, HK VP9, Sig P320 x carry, etc. The Sig is interesting because how modular it is. I just bought a X5 legion, different slide and grip module. But if that doesn't interest you the P10c is probably my favorite of those on the list.

The HK VP9 looks sweet! My Marine buddy mentioned the HK a few months ago but I didn't pay any mind because I was adamant about getting a Sig. This is why I make these types of threads. LOL

Saw a Sig P320 at the Gun Store a few weeks ago when I went to buy shotgun shells. I think the guy who was helping me had a Sig P365 as his carry on

Some solid suggestions!

I've got a Glock 26 Gen 4 that I absolutely love. My father in law gave it to me & taught me how to shoot it before he died. So, it's got sentimental value as well. I tried to interest my wife in one but she's strictly a .38 girl. Her favorite is her S & W 642. The Airweight revolver.

Sup Sweet!

Saw a video of a guy trashing the Glock 26 and later changed his mind. Seems like a great gun for concealed carry

Almost bought a .38 Smitty a few weeks ago. Looked just like this one but less newer.

8ed06debc8881f50e5e449eab6778777.jpg

18241-7.jpg

Why not a compact .45?

The HK VP9 looks sweet! My Marine buddy mentioned the HK a few months ago but I didn't pay any mind because I was adamant about getting a Sig. This is why I make these types of threads. LOL

Saw a Sig P320 at the Gun Store a few weeks ago when I went to buy shotgun shells. I think the guy who was helping me had a Sig P365 as his carry on

Some solid suggestions!

I don't dislike the VP9 but I don't like it as much as the others. I have a friend that loves his. It's all about preferences. Right now things are crazy and a lot of places are mostly out of stock but if it's possible to rent or hold these I would definitely recommend that. Just because I or someone else likes something doesn't mean you will.

The P10c has a very nice trigger, good ergos, great shooter.

CZ7591521_1_HR.jpg

The Sig is cool, this is technically considered the firearm. P320 Fire control unit. Everything else you can ship to your door.
fe85afbc3d16745a00ad23e5d292db6e.jpg

So if you buy extra modules and slides in about 30 seconds you can swap the fcu into different grips with different slides. So you could go from this

5165492353-sig-p320-rxp-xcompact_1.jpg

To for example
Sig-Sauer-P320-X-Five-Reverse-3.jpg

In about 30 seconds.

Obviously you would have to spend more on the extra parts but there are a lot of modules and slides. You can also switch from 9mm, 357 sig and 40. Parts from sig or aftermarket and it's only going to get more aftermarket support. You already have interesting set ups like a 3.9" carry slide with a comp on a full size grip module.

maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/parts/grip-modules.html
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/parts/slides.html

Sup Sweet!

Saw a video of a guy trashing the Glock 26 and later changed his mind. Seems like a great gun for concealed carry

Almost bought a .38 Smitty a few weeks ago. Looked just like this one but less newer.

8ed06debc8881f50e5e449eab6778777.jpg
Cool. That's a sharp-looking gun.

As for a second gun to go along with your Glock, I'd probably go with a Sig myself. I especially like P320 X-Five pictured up in @RerouteToRemain's post above.

Those are some big guns. If you can carry them comfortably and as often as you like, more power to you.

For me, as a thinner framed guy that doesn’t wear baggy clothes, size makes a big difference in carrying. And with the small 9s that keep a fairly high capacity in the market today, you can’t rally go wrong. I’d personally look at the P365/365XL, the Springfield Hellcat, or the Glock 43X.

Any suggestions?

There's no shortage of quality options when it comes to handguns. Mostly it's gonna boil down to personal preference. Out of what's been mentioned so far, I like CZ P10C. But I haven't shot a P320. Fwiw, I'm selling the VP9 and never liked Glocks enough to buy one (except for the 43).

Can't go wrong with a sig. Pick what suits you the most. If it's comfy in your hand then it'll serves its purposes nicely.

Capacity, velocity, recoil, reliability, weight, condition 1 carry, etc.

Pretty sure its mag holds 10 rounds. because it's a double stack. It weighs roughly the same as an unloaded glock 26. So weight isn't a huge issue. Carry conditions I have no idea about because I'm in a different country. Reliability should be okay unless you limp wrist it. Unless Para Ordinance went down hill quite a bit. I had one in Manila and it was fantastic. But I guess my experiences aren't everyones.

Pretty sure its mag holds 10 rounds. because it's a double stack. It weighs roughly the same as an unloaded glock 26. So weight isn't a huge issue. Carry conditions I have no idea about because I'm in a different country. Reliability should be okay unless you limp wrist it. Unless Para Ordinance went down hill quite a bit. I had one in Manila and it was fantastic. But I guess my experiences aren't everyones.
since you're in north korea, I would high suggest checking out Kimjong Arms' line of pistols. Kimjongs and Ammo rated them 5/5 Kimjongs. Great pieces.

YDTSUBY3ABEFXA5VMPKIKOZGZQ.jpg

since you're in north korea, I would high suggest checking out Kimjong Arms' line of pistols. Kimjongs and Ammo rated them 5/5 Kimjongs. Great pieces. (or getting purged)

YDTSUBY3ABEFXA5VMPKIKOZGZQ.jpg

I defected to Australia bruh, otherwise I'd be rocking the knockoff makarov with the best of them.

Reactions: JSN

Condition 1 carry is round in chamber, hammer back, safety on. I don't consider 1911's to be that reliable in general so a hybrid sub compact double stack version I wouldn't even consider.

.45 is a good round out of a 5" barrel. 3" it's moving pretty slow, lots of ammo tests with 45 sub compacts often have failures to expand reliably.

v7Mgy1A.jpg

6847660891db4f4f92a0ab93b916a49d.jpg

DCA5DEDF-E4F0-40B9-B023-CCD2D0F4C4ED.jpeg

glock-19-specs-1024x654.png

P10.jpg

320-xcompact-left-web.jpg

Sig-P320x-Specs.jpg

Any suggestions?

When it's all said and done, no matter which one you get, they're all plastic 9mms. So wait till the Election is over and the hysteria drops along with the prices and get a Glock 48, and a few of those 15rnd mags they make for them and be done with it. The more like the 21 you have the better you'll shoot.
Glock-G48-Pistol-PA4850201-764503032653.jpg

Back