Thinking about creating a place where people can shower, do laundry, and charge phones and such

I dont know why. But reading this thread brought on an overwhelming sadness

In the right areas this could work, even if it attracted a few homeless. Do it in Cali and it will be a refugee camp that will likely be destroyed with a few months.

So basically a shelter?

Where would you get the funding (besides $5)?

The demographic would be impoverished folks and some folks with mental health issues. With many in one building adequate security is a must.

It will be overrun with applicants. Will this be permanent or temporary? Will some folks be waitlisted?

I don't ever like shitting on ideas or saying "you can't do that" but I'll always ask questions to see if the person can provide reasonable answers.

In the right areas this could work, even if it attracted a few homeless. Do it in Cali and it will be a refugee camp that will likely be destroyed with a few months.

Months... I like your generosity... I'd say weeks, even days...

The idea is great, but it will mostly attract homeless. You could get money from the government to do this (and maybe the hepatitis too). In Europe we have some trucks with those features that go from homeless camp to homeless camp.

I want to create a 24hr non profit business that provides people with:

1. Showers
2. Laundry
3. Toilets
4. Wifi
5. Outlets to charge appliances

I'm thinking I can charge people $5 a month for membership

What do you guys think of this?

This would be a haven for homeless and gays

You'll be spending more per month in hazardous material handling and cleanups than what you'll be getting back.

Never leave the homeless in a place like this unattended. They'll turn that place into Satan's mancave

Build it. I will help. I will send you all the material tomorrow when I wake up.

Months... I like your generosity... I'd say weeks, even days...

The idea is great, but it will mostly attract homeless. You could get money from the government to do this (and maybe the hepatitis too). In Europe we have some trucks with those features that go from homeless camp to homeless camp.
It will be overrun in weeks, but I figured it would take a few months before everything is broken and or stolen and covered in shit and hypodermic needles to the point nobody will even go there anymore.

People would simply move in and when you tried to get them out they'd lawyer up for free and you'd get sued for providing "substandard housing". ;)

Better have some shower drains, homeless jizz is like white tar and will clogs the pipes real quick.

Sounds a great place to meet up with my gay queen friends

Better have a needle exchange too. But really seems like a definite lawsuit to me.

Back