Think I found an old picture of my grandfather. Can someone help make it bigger?

PRIDEoftheUFC**

Red Belt
Reaction score
I was talking to my aunt yesterday, and she told me that she saw a picture of my grandfather on the Animal Medical Center of New York's website. He drove a "hospital on wheels" for sick animals. I'm pretty sure this is the picture she's talking about, but it's tiny and when I try to resize it it gets all blurry and can't make out if it's him or not. Just wondering if anyone good with photoshop can enlarge it while keeping it clear.

And I know Sherdog loves their shoop threads, so if there's something funny in the pic, don't hesitate lol.

1954-kids-and-mobile-clinic_0.jpg

You're pretty much asking the impossible, you can't really create resolution where there is none.

This is the best I could do, not sure if it's any better than the results you were getting with your software.

oldpic_zpsca512cc8.jpg

It will get even bigger for you if you click the yellow bar at the top of the pic, but more blurry.

Not possible, TS.

When photoshop enlarges a pic, it just keeps doubling the pixels it has available from the original until it looks like a blurry shit stain.

Enlarging a photo is always death.

You could scale up and sharpen, but don't expect any CSI shit.

the shit you see on CSI isn't real can only do so much before it looks like crap.

Pretty impossible to enlarge a low resolution pic like that.

You're pretty much asking the impossible, you can't really create resolution where there is none.

This is the best I could do, not sure if it's any better than the results you were getting with your software.

Nope. Shit res, Yo!

Ah, alright. I don't really know anything regarding photography or photoshop. I'll have to ask my aunt how she knows it's him since I can't make out any faces, maybe she's seen the picture before. Thanks anyway though.

First attempt should be to obtain the original image. Odds are against that though.

Possible solution for you but will vary heavily based upon printer/scanner and I've never tried this method with an image this small/old, so it might be a waste of time. However.. Take that image. Resample it to 300 DPI. You'll notice it shrinks down incredibly. Print this on as high quality as you can. You'll get a little thumbnail sized thing. Now, in theory...You should be able to scan this image at the highest possible DPI your scanner allows. If you have a shit scanner, then this might be a lost cause. If you have a quality one, you can get fairly high. Scan it in at the highest DPI you can get, clean up the image if necessary, and resample the DPI back to 300 DPI (For Print) or lower for a web quality (96 or 72 DPI are fairly accepted standards). In theory, you should have substantially enlarged your image.

First attempt should be to obtain the original image. Odds are against that though.

Possible solution for you but will vary heavily based upon printer/scanner and I've never tried this method with an image this small/old, so it might be a waste of time. However.. Take that image. Resample it to 300 DPI. You'll notice it shrinks down incredibly. Print this on as high quality as you can. You'll get a little thumbnail sized thing. Now, in theory...You should be able to scan this image at the highest possible DPI your scanner allows. If you have a shit scanner, then this might be a lost cause. If you have a quality one, you can get fairly high. Scan it in at the highest DPI you can get, clean up the image if necessary, and resample the DPI back to 300 DPI (For Print) or lower for a web quality (96 or 72 DPI are fairly accepted standards). In theory, you should have substantially enlarged your image.

Goddamn.

Just email the website and explain to them that it is your grandfather. I don't see why they wouldn't email you back a higher resolution scan of the original.

This, lol. I appreciate the advice but i'm terrible with this kind of stuff.

Just email the website and explain to them that it is your grandfather. I don't see why they wouldn't email you back a higher resolution scan of the original.

I just might do that

the shit you see on CSI isn't real can only do so much before it looks like crap.

No way! GTFO!

I have an interesting anecdote about CSI Miami and technology but unfortunately have to shut up now (for once!).

I was thinking Dennis Reynold's nazi grandfather picture for some reason

I was talking to my aunt yesterday, and she told me that she saw a picture of my grandfather on the Animal Medical Center of New York's website. He drove a "hospital on wheels" for sick animals. I'm pretty sure this is the picture she's talking about, but it's tiny and when I try to resize it it gets all blurry and can't make out if it's him or not. Just wondering if anyone good with photoshop can enlarge it while keeping it clear.

And I know Sherdog loves their shoop threads, so if there's something funny in the pic, don't hesitate lol.

1954-kids-and-mobile-clinic_0.jpg
Here you go bro.
voxzxe.jpg

If that's too small, you can try this one
11b16dg.jpg

Back