Think before you react. Glover is greater than Aldo.

Troll thread successful.
I appreciate the compliment?
But I'm not trolling. Forget the belt, forget the numbers. Have you watched these two gentlemen fight?
When the tables are turned against them, Glover is a lion and Aldo is a flower.
Glover fights with great heart!
Aldo wilts.

Thank you.
But why no?
What is the compelling argument that Aldo is better than Glover?
Aldo had such an amazing run from WEC to the UFC. It looked like he would never lose, even on nights where he didn't look like he was 100% on. Glover never had that aura. Hope that makes sense.

That being said, I'm so happy for Glover. So much work and resilience.

LHW is dogshit compared to FW. Those aren't even close to all of Aldo's best wins and you're also ignoring that he beat Mendes and Edgar twice. Shameful disingenuous thread.
Get out of here! You want me to believe Frankie Edgar and Chad Mendes are better than Jiri, Blachowicz, Santos, Reyes, Rampage, Shogun, Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones, Rumble, Rampage, Belfort, Lyoto Machida, Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, etc. - way more dangerous fighters and way bigger names than the whole of featherweight history combined!
Frankie Edgar - great career, I get it. But Chad Mendes, really? You're going to go there?
I think 'tis thou who art being disingenuous.

Aldo had such an amazing run from WEC to the UFC. It looked like he would never lose, even on nights where he didn't look like he was 100% on. Glover never had that aura. Hope that makes sense.

That being said, I'm so happy for Glover. So much work and resilience.
I get the aura of invincibility thing. Khabib had that.
I'm more impressed by the Tony Ferguson type of fighter, the ones who consistently find ways to come back from adversity to win fights.
To each their own.

Sokodjou.
OSP.

Lol. I mean that's obviously a trolljob, but including those names was overkill. I mean if you excluded Sokodjou alone I would've thought for like 1.5 seconds you are not trolling.
Sokoudjou beat Nogeuira, Arona, and Blachowicz. Who did Chad Mendes beat?

2018 join date...

nuff said
That's why I said think before you react.
Name calling, and saying stupid things like, "ratio," or "join date" isn't going to help your case. If that's all you have to fall back on, it only strengthens the argument that Glover is indeed the greater Brazilian.

Counting OSP and Sokoudjou in his best wins. Ight

Get out of here! You want me to believe Frankie Edgar and Chad Mendes are better than Jiri, Blachowicz, Santos, Reyes, Rampage, Shogun, Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones, Rumble, Rampage, Belfort, Lyoto Machida, Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, etc. - way more dangerous fighters and way bigger names than the whole of featherweight history combined!
Frankie Edgar - great career, I get it. But Chad Mendes, really? You're going to go there?
I think 'tis thou who art being disingenuous.

<Dany07>

Jiri is currently ranked number 2 in the official UFC rankings after winning a single fight. I'll leave it to you to figure out how long Chad Mendes had the same ranking or higher. lol at bringing up Santos and Reyes. Also double lol since Glover has only beaten one of the fighters you mentioned. You're completely full of shit and you disingenuously pretended like Aldo only had a single win over Edgar and Mendes.

Frankie Edgar 2x
Chad Mendes 2x
Uriah Faber
Mike Brown
Ricardo Lamas
Kenny Florian
Renato Moicano

Why are all these names missing from your post? Every single name here is worth more than fucking Thiago Santos, a mediocre middleweight who changed weight classes and went on a short run before losing his last 3 fights. UFC LHW is so bad its the only division that is worse than Bellator's.

Sokoudjou beat Nogeuira, Arona, and Blachowicz. Who did Chad Mendes beat?

He beat Jan by injury and Lil' Nog is like Ninja Rua - that other brother who is kinda good, but not really. So Sokodjou has one good win. Great. And he is also a 19:18 fighter.

OSP has one good win in absolutely broken Shogun Rua. And they are world beaters now? C'mon.

Glover Teixera is greater than Jose Aldo. Hear me out before making a knee-jerk reaction comment.

First, their records are almost identical. Aldo is 30-7. Glover is 32-7.

Aldo at the prime age for MMA athletes of 34, desperately retreated from his natural weightclass (something you never saw Glover do when things got rough).
Evidence: Volkanovski 32, Oliveira 31, Usman 34, Adesanya 32, Blachowicz 38, Ngannou 35

A Glover championship will mean much more than Aldo's.
Evidence: Aldo's championship reign was at featherweight, a division that literally did not exist before him, and the UFC named him featherweight champion without him having to even win a fight first!
Glover will be 42 next month when he fights for the championship.
If he wins, he will become the first UFC champion over the age of 40 since the legendary Randy Couture.

If you look Aldo's resume, it pales next to Glover's.
Aldo's best wins:
Chad Mendes
Korean Zombie
Frankie Edgar
Cub Swanson
Chito Vera

Glover's best wins:
Ryan Bader
Rampage
Ricco Rodriguez
Sokoudjou
Thiago Santos
Anthony Smith
Rashad Evans
OSP

Even Glover's losses were to much tougher competition.
Aldo: Conor, Holloway, Volkanovski
Glover: Rumble, Gustaffson, and Jon Jones!

Give it up for Glover. Don't have a GOAT conversation about Aldo and leave Glover out of it.

No... Don't agree.

But any Glover hype is good hype.

I love Glover and predict he will Submit the Champ, then submit Jiri or whatever that guys is... And then retire into the sunset just as Dana spends a million on bringing Bader back to beat him.

Counting OSP and Sokoudjou in his best wins. Ight
OSP holds the record for Von Flue chokes. What records to Aldo's opponents hold?
OSP finished 20 of his 25 fights. That's 80% finishing rate for the math illiterate Sherdoggers out there. Which opponent of Aldo's presented as big a threat as OSP?

You're either trolling or a MMA newb. No room for either. Take your pick. Not playing the game, fella :D
Who? Kenny Florian?? He lost to pretty much every good fighter he fought, saw the writing on the wall and quit (smart man). His best win is Gomi? Who he fought in the middle of a 7-12 skid.

<Dany07>

Jiri is currently ranked number 2 in the official UFC rankings after winning a single fight. I'll leave it to you to figure out how long Chad Mendes had the same ranking or higher. lol at bringing up Santos and Reyes. Also double lol since Glover has only beaten one of the fighters you mentioned. You're completely full of shit and you disingenuously pretended like Aldo only had a single win over Edgar and Mendes.

Frankie Edgar 2x
Chad Mendes 2x
Uriah Faber
Mike Brown
Ricardo Lamas
Kenny Florian
Renato Moicano

Why are all these names missing from your post? Every single name here is worth more than fucking Thiago Santos, a mediocre middleweight who changed weight classes and went on a short run before losing his last 3 fights. UFC LHW is so bad its the only division that is worse than Bellator's.
Are you trying to convince me that Uriah Faber is somehow on the level of Jiri? Jiri is a fucking samurai! He is one of the most vicious MMA fighters of all time!

Thiago Santos is criminally underrated on Sherdog. Holy crap, he has fought warrior after warrior. Look at his last ten or twelve fights. There's not a man on earth who could have gone through that competition undefeated.

And if you think LHW is bad, you are smoking rock. 1-15 are excellent. Many of them can beat the other any given night. Absolutely stacked.
Featherweight falls off after #2. The #3 featherweight is Yair Rodriguez. LOL

Back