things you worked improved and/or added to your game

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
question what have you guys been working on in regards to your training, it can be technical things, strategic or just something that has improved your mindset/mental aspect or your phys ability (flexibility/conditioning/etc). Have you taken a new art, rededicated yourself to your old/current art, been sparring more, sparring w/different styles or at diff gyms..etc.

we always talk about fighters what they have or haven't been doing, working on or adding; so i pose the question to you guys..

Since my last fight I have been working hard on strength training. I lift heavy 3 days a week.

Inside work. I've always been an in the pocket a kinda guy but lately I've been focusing on getting and working in getting in tge inside

Using the full length of my jab and throwing it from more situations and positions. Understanding it better and using it more like a tool. Not being panicked about landing it, and sometimes just flicking it out to create behavior in my opponent to set up other offense or defense.

Throwing kicks with my lead leg. I'm horribly inflexible. Also working on walking people down

Checking kicks, uppercuts, infighting, doubling up body kicks, head movement and as ever my bug bear conditioning.

Current plan is I'm going back to boxing for a bit to compete in the ammies. Going to really work on my defensive head movement, evasive and offensive footwork and body punching.

Defense, I have been trying to utilize a lower left hand and to use the left shoulder for blocking in kickboxing. Generally trying to not be hit and to land a higher percentage of my shots. Also body shots, I'm beginning to love striking the body more than the head, hitting the head they don't realize the full horror of what your doing, suits my inner sadist.

Dutch style combinations instead of 2/3 shots max. Also long knees

flexibility. Variety of movement - not just footwork but the entire way my body can move.

My right cross is finaly getting crisp..

I recently took a brake from MMA and did a 8 week boxing training camp.

Back