Things you (dis)like the most in movies and TV

I dislike scenes after the credits. I feel like I'm gambling by leaving when the movie is over. When i do stay it's usually some dumb scene that makes me wish i left 8 minutes ago.

Marvel has me afraid to leave any movie before the screen goes black.

Marvel has me afraid to leave any movie before the screen goes black.

My first thought after Guardians of the Galaxy was how depressing it would be to know how many collective minutes were spent waiting for Howard the Duck.

It's hard to narrow down all the cliche shit that happens over and over and over and over and over, but one example of something that wasn't cliche was Gone Girl.

Also, I hate how Marvel is too scared to not be a kids movie. At least XMEN has the balls to say fuck.

My first thought after Guardians of the Galaxy was how depressing it would be to know how many collective minutes were spent waiting for Howard the Duck.

What's worse is I (and a shit load of other people) already knew it was Howard the Duck and waited anyway.

Moments in movies when you have to turn up the volume super high just to hear what their saying, then a few moments later an extremely loud bit happens and damn near renders you deaf.

I hate when a movie isn't given enough time to develop.

Sometimes certain movies just rub me the wrong way, can't fully explain, even just one scene and it ruins the entire experience for me. I'm very picky when it comes to how a movie is presented.

It's funny, my brother calls me a movie snob, he's the exact opposite, he has no standards when it comes to tv or movies. He'll watch anything, he even enjoyed Rock of Ages for God's sake.

Rock of Ages was the shit.

I dislike when the bad guy doesn't get their comeuppance. Like in the strangers, or the purge

I really hate plotlines where the main character or hero of the story is a writer . Not only is this horrible fuckin cliche at this point but its such an ego maniacal wank fest. Stephen king in particular is guilty of this crap.

Hmm I don't know what its called or have any specific examples but I hate when there's dialogue that's just for the viewer to know what's going on or remember something that happened.

Love interests for the sake of love interests. The Town and Pacific Rim are the biggest offenders I've seen recently.

Especially The Town though. so fucking stupid.

I hate when two people get done fucking and they're lying on the bed and the chic sits up and she covers her tits when they are the only two people in the room

stop covering your tits when you just got done fucking you dumb bish!!

Love stories.

Nearly every TV show and movie has a love story that sidetracks the usually already interesting plot line.

Especially when every angle has been done and is predictable. Chemistry on screen is needed to be believable too and rarely is.

Weak writing.
No thanks.

it's unnecesary most of the time, especially annoying when you are having relationship problems and want to forget all that for a while watching a movie

I dislike movies that starts with the end (like when the main character shows up in a police station with blood all over himself and says: I killed someone or something like that)

Moments in movies when you have to turn up the volume super high just to hear what their saying, then a few moments later an extremely loud bit happens and damn near renders you deaf.

That's your TV. You need to get a soundbar and/or home theater surround sound. Takes care of that problem great. I had it too and it sucked.

For me it was when I was about 15 years old and I realized it's not as easy to score girls in real life as it's looks in movie and tv.

I like:

Character progression
Fun and witty dialogue
Well filmed action sequences
Tense atmosphere

Dislike:

Forced romances
Over-edited fight scenes
Hollywood endings

Super Powers

Dislike:
No side boob or no super powers.

I didn't see this mentioned but I just skimmed each post. I laugh my ass off in every action movie when someone with a shotgun who is about to search for the bad guy (or has already been searching for the bad guy) racks another shell into the chamber. or rack their handgun because it hasn't been live. uhhhhh.... hahaha

and if there was a biography about me, there would be a lot of scenes where I go to the can. nobody uses the toilet in movies. im not kim jong il here.

Back