Things to do in New Zealand and Australia?

Problem Child

Beer Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Team,

I just found out I am going to Auckland for a couple days and then 10 days in Melbourne and Sydney. Going alone, business trip. I will probably be in Melbourne for the one weekend of an almost two week trip. What should I see, do, eat in NZ and Oz? No need for filth fellas- I am a happily married Sherdogger, so leaning more towards the tourist side of things.

Where in Auckland are ya staying and do you have access to a car or just public transport?

If you like walking take a ferry over to rangitoto island in Auckland, theres a track up to the summit of volcano. Ferry also goes to Davenport which has some old world war tunnels you can walk through too. Both places close to the city centre.

I'll try get some ideas up later, just finishing break and gotta get back to work. Was just in Melbourne the past week too.

Warning, although the temperatures are not crazy here the sun can be viscous so get sunblock!

Bang some hot Jills.
(that's what they call them, right?)

2941o3m_zps664ocllh.jpg

Where in Auckland are ya staying and do you have access to a car or just public transport?

If you like walking take a ferry over to rangitoto island in Auckland, theres a track up to the summit of volcano. Ferry also goes to Davenport which has some old world war tunnels you can walk through too. Both places close to the city centre.

I'll try get some ideas up later, just finishing break and gotta get back to work. Was just in Melbourne the past week too.

Warning, although the temperatures are not crazy here the sun can be viscous so get sunblock!
Yeah, psyched to be missing some of the heart of winter (Feb) over here. I am going to Florida next month too, so , loving the sun. Just public transport.

Yeah, psyched to be missing some of the heart of winter (Feb) over here. I am going to Florida next month too, so , loving the sun. Just public transport.

Yeah it's around 23°C average at the moment. Do you know where your staying? If it is the city always good to walk around and those ferries are in the CBD. Museum isnt far from the city too, dunno if it's your thing but i always like checking out different towns museums.

I heard as an American serviceman you have to try to NOT get laid in Australia.

Truth to this?

In Sydney take the ferry over to Manly across the harbour. Also go to Taronga Park Zoo.

Can you get me Crocodile Dundee's autograph mate?

Box a Kangaroo, hug a Koala Bear. Learn the Haka, visit the Lord of the Rings set.

You can proceed to enjoy internet that’s 10 years behind. Some service don’t even have oceaniac servers so enjoy yur 400ms ping

Last edited:
If you're there at the right times, go see a rugby match in New Zealand and an australian football match.

Back