Things to do in Kentucky

Kentucky sucks jokes aside, and they're not jokes, but Lexington has a pretty awesome horse farm thing you can take tours of. Can't remember what it's called but it's something obvious if you google it. They have the Budweiser Clydesdales and old Kentucky Derby winners and they put on trained horses shows and stuff. I don't even GaF about horses and I really enjoyed the tour.

Edit: Kentucky Horse Park

Edit 2: Old world work horses and war horses are bigger than goddam dinosaurs. So cool.

I'm a Kentuckian. Like someone said earlier Mammoth Cave is interesting, better than watching grass grow.

Mammoth Cave is one of my top 5ish favorite locations in the world. It's fascinating.

I have a trip planned to the Lexington area at the end of February for a week. Anyone have any recommendations for things to see or do in Kentucky?
I plan on visiting the Mary Todd Lincoln House, Newport Aquarium, Creation Museum, and the Toyota plant tour. I'm considering going to the Corvette plant in Bowling Green also.

If you go to cincinnati or the newport aquarium, make absolutely sure you get lunch or dinner and drinks at the Hofbrauhaus.

If you want to see nature, drive to Natural Bridge park.

If you go to Bowling Green, you can go to Mammoth Cave national park.... it is very cool

If you like booze, visit the buffalo trace distillery and take the tour.

lots of cool stuff in KY, and the people are amazingly friendly.

Surprisingly beautiful state. Been there twice to visit ex gf parents. They lived in a lake maybe an hour west of Lexington? The lake was really pretty. We went to Lexington but I can't remember what we did there.

Find a really nice hotel. It should be a decent rate because you're in Kentucky. Make sure it has a good bar. Then, don't leave the hotel because it's the best thing for 100 miles.
Don't forget to bring your sister and stay in the honeymoon suite. :p

you can sex my cousin... I do it all the time @Cint

dcded2484b235b1b4197d8670bf0ae00.jpg

I have a trip planned to the Lexington area at the end of February for a week. Anyone have any recommendations for things to see or do in Kentucky?
I plan on visiting the Mary Todd Lincoln House, Newport Aquarium, Creation Museum, and the Toyota plant tour. I'm considering going to the Corvette plant in Bowling Green also.

Every town you go to, ask "is this where Kentucky Fried Chicken was invented?".

Seriously, though. The one 'don't miss' thing I can think of about Kentucky is Mammoth Caves.

The horse farm(s) are good.

I know there are a few nice caves there...

Woodford Reserve distillery tour is fucking awesome. I went to Louisville for a bachelor party last year and we had a chartered bus take us to 4 distilleries in a day. Woodford was the nicest, but Buffalo Trace is really cool as well.

Back