Things the UFC can adopt from PRIDE

GiTailor

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I believe the UFC needs to take some things PRIDE had. The biggest thing the UFC should take from PRIDE was the fighters being awarded flowers from politicians and other fighters. This type of gesture shows the respect and benevolence that is associated with martial arts.

Classy

49269.jpg

I believe the UFC needs to take some things PRIDE had. The biggest thing the UFC should take from PRIDE was the fighters being awarded flowers from politicians and other fighters. This type of gesture shows the respect and benevolence that is associated with martial arts.

Came in expecting soccer kicks, left with a comment about flowers.

Welcome to Sherdog.

I would like to see Grand Prixs and New Years eve matches, instead of having 3-4 events per month.

Ceremonial
Concert of drums
Yellow cards if too much clinch to the cage

I liked the trophies they would hand to fighters after wins, the way they just gave them the mic post fight with no interviewer, yellow cards, and the Pride HW scout.

I would like a rule where if ur on tbe ground or clinched against the cage for more than 20 seconds and no damage is being done or subs attempt it's gets stood up. Just as a,fan tired of people getting wins,via wrestle fuck.

Yellow cards.
YES!
  • A "warning" was given in the form of a yellow card or a green card (The green card gave a 10% deduction of a fighter's purse) when a fighter committed an illegal action or did not follow the referee's instruction. Three warnings resulted in a disqualification

Damn I'd love to be a ref with those. I would show no mercy

Second groin shot after warning? Yellow card for you
Grabbing the fence! Green card bitch
Pawing with open fingers resulting in an "accidental" eye gouge? DQ motherfucker

Mind you, I wouldn't be very popular among the fans.

Back