Things that happened during a fight that makes you cringe?

I don't cringe on someone being able to utilize their strengths. But the only thing that comes to mind is AS dancing before being KO'd by Chris. I thought he put himself in an unnecessarily risk.

Caio after losing to Albert Duraev, started crying, it was a little too much and long and Albert was starting to look like his nanny because the Ref could not raise Alberts hand because Caio was still crying on Alberts shoulder....I am like what is this? a daycare?..men crying makes me cringe.

Last edited:
Jon Jones’s toe against Sonnen. I’ve seen cuts, broken legs and arms, vicious knockouts, subs that resulted in injuries, but nothing makes me cringe like the sight of that toe.

Jon Jones’s toe against Sonnen. I’ve seen cuts, broken legs and arms, vicious knockouts, subs that resulted in injuries, but nothing makes me cringe like the sight of that toe.
really shows what the adrenaline rush of being in a fist fight can do, had absolutely no idea until the fight was over. but yeah that was brutal

When a supposed stand and bang jbg guy like Mike Perry initiates wall and stall.

If wall and stall is your game it’s expected. But certain guys just aren’t supposed to be that way.

RDT-20210912-1526566816331780560246062.gif

When a certain Irishman starting rambling incoherent nonsense after getting his leg shattered.

I'm not a fighter so maybe I'm cringing when I shouldn't be cringing, but regarding really vocal coaches who are constantly shouting to their fighters during fights........I'm thinking STFU for one minute For Eff Sake and let your fighter focus.
No your just hearing alot more of it now with fights being at the APEX. If you dont have an active and vocal corner you will not go far as a fighter.

I'm not a fighter so maybe I'm cringing when I shouldn't be cringing, but regarding really vocal coaches who are constantly shouting to their fighters during fights........I'm thinking STFU for one minute For Eff Sake and let your fighter focus.
I don't know how Serra still has vocal cords.

The repeated attempts at the same thing with no set-up, and no plan B when it fails:
Maia shooting for 20+ takedowns on Woodley, with no set-up or variation
OR
Roy Nelson plodding forward throwing the overhand right without a hint of a feint or a jab to disguise it.

Back