Things that are normal but shouldnt be.

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Saw a thread in the grappling forum about the amount Of Veterans that are killing themselves daily.

and though I was one of those kids that was kinda brainwashed by GI JOE, Chuck Norris, and the whole Rambo, Commando thing. And eagerly Joined and Asked for the Infantry. I know that wars fought by generally poor schmoes is unnatural...and I know that might come off as odd (for lack of a better term.)

Though I'm pro military...I hate war.

I use to think that since human history is one violent episode after another that conflict, war, killing is normal.

But I think with guys that actually go fight wars(ground combat) from The Romans to modern day conflicts that actually see the blood, and guts, and brains, and burnt up corpses...it's not "natural". And by natural I mean I don't think the good lord meant for the human brain/psyche to see other humans mutilated in such grotesque fashions and its obviously hard for even "tough guys" to process and live the rest of their lives with the images seared into their memories..

am I off I with this POV?

feel free to chime in with what ever else is considered "normal" but shouldn't be in your opinion.

I think that killing is alot more normal and natural then we would care to think. I think the law,the prospect of going to jail prevents more people from doing it than any sort of morality "Some people just got to go" How many people in here would have killed someone who wronged them if they knew they could get away with it?
I think that if you go from 0 to 100,which i cant imagine War bein any other way,and just being constantly exposed to sudden (and not so sudden) Death,where things become backwards and wrong,and human life isnt worth a damn,well i think that is going too far from what people are supposed to be. But even then,there are people who come from those experiences more or less well adjusted. And life has moved on.

I don't have any religious opinion on it, but yeah, I basically agree. War dehumanizes both it's victims and its participants, damaging people and sabotaging their ability to fuction in peacetime afterwards. Many hurt this way are incredibly introvert about their scars, and you don't know it before their suicides, or how their lives regress in some manner. Some cope, luckily, but that don't mean they don't feel it.

My grandparents got majorly fucked over by the German occupation over here in Norway. My grandfather was in the resistance, got captured, and survived the camps. My grandmother's family house got hit by stray British bombs which killed both her parents and both her sister. She was fourteen, and the only family she had left was her brother of sixteen. Fastforward five years, and they started their doomed marriage which would leave her a single mother of three in the early stages of paranoid delusions. He was kind of the poster boy of being all right on the surface, with a good executive job and a wide circle of influential friends, but he was just cripplingly emotionally stunted. Never opening up, and never earning a drop of love from any of his children. He finally cracked in his early eighties, and I can't remember meeting him even a single time the last five years without him crying heavily, though never giving any reason. She's still alive, and dementia have mercifully robbed her of constantly being deathly afraid of people following her.

By all means, some wars need to be fought, but even good wars are hell. Fuck war.

eating like a pig. this has become normalized. sure, there have always been people who eat like pigs, but for the most part, normal people used to try to chew with their mouths closed. now that is the exception. its easiest to tell by looking at tv. everyone talks with their mouths crammed with food, no big deal. commercials frequently star actors talking about the greatness of a product while they are cramming it in their mouth.

prime example here. who the fuck would want to eat next to that animal?

Eating meat, probably one of the most natural things to do and I love meat.
But if I think about that I eat another beings flesh or organs and can buy it in convenient containers from a shop, is super strange for me when I think about it.

Saw a thread in the grappling forum about the amount Of Veterans that are killing themselves daily.

and though I was one of those kids that was kinda brainwashed by GI JOE, Chuck Norris, and the whole Rambo, Commando thing. And eagerly Joined and Asked for the Infantry. I know that wars fought by generally poor schmoes is unnatural...and I know that might come off as odd (for lack of a better term.)

I use to think that since human history is one violent episode after another that conflict, war, killing is normal.

But I think with guys that actually go fight wars(ground combat) from The Romans to modern day conflicts that actually see the blood, and guts, and brains, and burnt up corpses...it's not "natural". And by natural I mean I don't think the good lord meant for the human brain/psyche to see other humans mutilated in such grotesque fashions and its obviously hard for even "tough guys" to process and live the rest of their lives with the images seared into their memories..

feel free to chime in with what ever else is considered "normal" but shouldn't be in your opinion.

Yeah i don't think it's normal and will take a certain type of person or God's protection for it not to effect you.

Biblical speaking that was the reason why David was not allowed to build the temple. In 1 Chronicles 28:3 it says:

"But God said unto me, Thou shalt not build an house for my name, because thou hast been a man of war, and hast shed blood. "
Every single person that i've talked to that have killed people in battle have told me its effected them, some handle it better than others. Most live productive lives and you would never know if they didn't tell you some of the problems they've had- others i've known have snapped...kinda sad to see as these war vets go from a killing machine and thrown right back into civilian life and are suppose to live life like normal again with no real mediation in between.

image.jpeg The insane amount of religious people in 2016

Eating meat, probably one of the most natural things to do and I love meat.
But if I think about that I eat another beings flesh or organs and can buy it in convenient containers from a shop, is super strange for me when I think about it.

5d56ee3ca91d86b6ef36a28ac65ceb71.jpg

The amount of rape/murder/violence seen on TV or in movies.

Back