Things ive learnt by changing gym

I've only been to 2 different gyms, the gym at my college and the gym I have a membership at. I notice that there isn't much difference between the two even though the college gym has power racks everywhere whereas my gym only has one squat rack.

I got tired of the commercial gym i trained at. all my lifts had stagnated.
Alot of idiots there. I was on my own there deadlifting, squatting etc.
But it was a good experience because i had to figure stuff out to keep progressing and became pretty strong but i felt i could do better in a proper lifter enviorment. I just needed ta change.

The facility has an ordinary gym and a separate room for lifters. They have about 20 eleiko bars, 4 competition benches, endless weights. Different boxes for rackpulls, deadlifts etc. Chains, bands, olympic plattforms.

First two weeks no one spoke to me. For some reason they let me train there. They threw out other people in the gym because the room is for serious lifters.
I just kept my mouth shut and did my routine. After some weeks i feel i belong there.

That's.. just beautiful. That's awesome man. Congrats on finding the place. too bad you;re in Sweden.. wait ... I mean, too bad I'm not in Sweden.

Great story fellow swede.
Changing to a decent gym where strength and power is in focus, makes a world of difference.

Due to moving to a new city (and job) I stumbled upon a new gym.
I did my usual crappy routine when suddenly the local weightlifting club entered and (among many things) some skinny teenager started clean-and-jerking the same weights I could barely squat.

Due to a combination of being in awe of these creatures, and utterly ashamed of my own lack of strength and power, I joined the club and my love for the iron was reborn after a decade of half-assed training.

I wish I trained at your gym. I had the misfortunate of going to an LA Fitness yesterday. It was an experience. (an experience without a squat rack grrr:icon_twis)

Yeah, when I've changed gyms, I went to one that had a Smith Machine and an adjustible bench. So if I went there it'd be dumb bell everything, DB deadlift, DB squat, DB bench.......ugh

Just need to find a gym (take the time) for bumper plates...I asked a few golds and 24's about Bumper plates...most of the answers centered around "well, they have rubber or plastic on em."

:/

Back