Things get HEATED between Frank Mir and Mark Hunt

ept_sports_mma_experts-39131067-1285459449.jpg

"After the interview, they pounded each other behind the barn."
- Kenny Florian

It's pretty tiring hearing the same shit over and over

"hurr durr this fighter has TDD so Mir can't possibly win"

Mir has one punch KO power. It's the HW division, it's not like Mir lives and dies by submissions.

He ko'd shell of his former self Cro Cop, who everyone KO'd, knocked down cup Cheik who has horrible boxing defense, and like i said ko'd glass chin duffee, who everyone KO's, and zombie Silva who everyone KO's. and he was the first guy to KO zombie Nog after Fedor beat the soul out of him

Mir certainly has power, but when facing an elite striker he has been time and again outworked or tko'd. shell cro cop being the exception, but like i said, he was a shell

He ko'd shell of his former self Cro Cop, who everyone KO'd, knocked down cup Cheik who has horrible boxing defense, and like i said ko'd glass chin duffee, who everyone KO's, and zombie Silva who everyone KO's. and he was the first guy to KO zombie Nog after Fedor beat the soul out of him

Mir certainly has power, but when facing an elite striker he has been time and again outworked or tko'd. shell cro cop being the exception, but like i said, he was a shell

You literally just went through his entire record to discredit every win he's had

into the trash you go

IIRC Cormier outworked him on the feet, and in the clinch and Barnett dominated him in the clinch, clinch work where you're controlling your opponents upper body via neck control to land shots is based out of striking martial arts more than grappling.

well you didn't recall correctly because Cormier didn't do anything on the feet and neither did Barnett. the clinch has absolute fuck all to do with standup.

You literally just went through his entire record to discredit every win he's had

into the trash you go

you're the one touting his striking prowess, defend him if you feel otherwise, none of those things i said aren't true.

well you didn't recall correctly because Cormier didn't do anything on the feet and neither did Barnett. the clinch has absolute fuck all to do with standup.

There's this new martial art sweeping the world, it's called Muay Thai, maybe you've heard of it?

Hunt has literally been kissed by a guy in a fight before so Hunt has the advantage.

you're the one touting his striking prowess, defend him if you feel otherwise, none of those things i said aren't true.

I have absolutely no idea as to what you are talking about. You can't even follow the conversation for more than one sentence.

You're the one that stormed in here discrediting all of his wins and saying he has no chance because it's out of the realm of possibility that he can take Mark Hunt down, then I said "but Mir has power" and you are now going off on an even more autistic tangent.

Then I said clinching has nothing to do with striking since you said Mir has subpar striking and you moved the goal posts and said "b-but I meant standup in general because Muay Thai or something." Nothing happened striking wise in the Cormier or Barnett fights. You made a swooping generalization and now you look like an idiot.

I legitimately don't know if you can count to 10. If you can put together a coherent statement then maybe I would try to rebuttal your entry-level sherdog posts where you discredit everything a fighter has ever done because "the person he beat has flaws." Until then you're just painfully fucking boring.

I have absolutely no idea as to what you are talking about. You can't even follow the conversation for more than one sentence.

You're the one that stormed in here discrediting all of his wins and saying he has no chance because it's out of the realm of possibility that he can take Mark Hunt down, then I said "but Mir has power" and you are now going off on an even more autistic tangent.

Then I said clinching has nothing to do with striking since you said Mir has subpar striking and you moved the goal posts and said "b-but I meant standup in general because Muay Thai or something." Nothing happened striking wise in the Cormier or Barnett fights. You made a swooping generalization and now you look like an idiot.

I legitimately don't know if you can count to 10. If you can put together a coherent statement then maybe I would try to rebuttal your entry-level sherdog posts where you discredit everything a fighter has ever done because "the person he beat has flaws." Until then you're just painfully fucking boring.

I never said I thought he had no chance, I said, I thought Hunt would win. I also said Mir had power, but was out of his league in terms of stand up with Hunt

You clearly have never trained a day in your life. It was you who was making the sweeping generalization, saying clinch work has nothing to do with stand up, You probably believe the only part of clinching in MT is the plum, give your head a shake.

and LOL you're seriously going to tell me that Mir hasn't been outclassed when fighting superior strikers with TDD? All of his "big" KO's were against opponents that either were well past their expiration date, or had glass jaws. And this claim is backed up with common knowledge.

Keyboard warrior through and through, stay salty

haha awesome stuff. Hunt is a great guy. that was actually much better than the fake hatred hype in most UFC fights.

ahah this is awesome. i love both these fighters don't want either man to lose.

Back