Thing is Tony isn't really refusing to fight Max just the $$$

Totally. Didn't he notice the reaction Demetrious Johnson elicited when he pulled that schtick?

Tony has made chump change compared to what DJ got though. He was a champ so was making good $ (even if he felt it was way too low). FFS Tony only made 150k total for his last fight. I don't think Tony is asking for millions LOL, just to be paid like an elite fighter.

No
Make them money then get paid
The problem is most Sherdoggers won’t even pay for his ppv yet complain about his pay

Khabib/Tony would sell if they do the buildup right and put a halfway decent card around it. Not Conor #'s obviously but outside Khabib/Conor or Khabib/GSP (which evidently ain't happening with GSP retiring today) it's the biggest Khabib ppv out there.

The more I think about it the more an interim belt isn't needed at all. You can make fun fights at 155 to help arrange the pecking order without another interim belt. Cowboy/Conor can headline a ppv obviously. You have Barboza/Gaethje coming up. You could do Al/Dustin and have it headline an ESPN card and give them a pay bump to keep them happy. Then just do Tony/Khabib in October. Tony will wait since he knows he'll get 7 figures for that fight. You have Islam/Lee looking like it's a go. Gillespie...maybe give him Oliveira? Or if Felder is healthy by summer do Gregor vs Felder? Tons of good fights at LW. Everyone claiming Khabib is "holding up the division" but is he really? I rarely defend him but you can have the division go on with the champ out for 8 or 9 more months. It's not the end of the world imo.

So basically Max is willing to fight Tony but lets not forget Max has made millions on his streak but Tony is well his highest payday has been peanuts compared to anyone else near his level.....
I cant get over the fact that Tony was dissing every fighter who talked about money and he explained how he only fought out of passion. Next monday he came on the Mma hour explaining that he didnt take a short notice replacement in Michael Johnson cuz he got less pay. Tony who fought only for passion, he said, didnt take the chance to avenge hes only UFC loss?!?
And now this?? I guess Tony is all about the money after all

I cant get over the fact that Tony was dissing every fighter who talked about money and he explained how he only fought out of passion. Next monday he came on the Mma hour explaining that he didnt take a short notice replacement in Michael Johnson cuz he got less pay. Tony who fought only for passion, he said, didnt take the chance to avenge hes only UFC loss?!?

Not sure if you have a wife and kids or not but it changes your world view. And it's easier to ignore the financial implications when you are in your 20's and feel like most of your career is in front of you.

At 35 and with his unprecedented run, trying to make his family secure isn't just acceptable, it should be expected.

And if you notice, aside from one somewhat ambiguous tweet, Tony hasn't taken his financial dealings with the UFC public. Right now I would just assume there are ongoing negotiations between Tony's management and the UFC.

Tony has made chump change compared to what DJ got though. He was a champ so was making good $ (even if he felt it was way too low). FFS Tony only made 150k total for his last fight. I don't think Tony is asking for millions LOL, just to be paid like an elite fighter.

My comment was ironic. In fact, I think Johnson should have been paid better and the former interim LW champion definitely should.

Who is Max's manager? Because the guy was manages Tony also manages Conor.
Doesn't mean he gives a shit about him like he does Conor****

I might get rid of this tablet Jesus Christ lol

So many ignorant theories. Tony hurt himself by getting hurt just before big fights. Khabib fooked himself and is out until late summer, plus he's not cooperating. Max vs. Tony makes perfect sense. If you're a Tony fan and afraid he might lose, too freaking bad. This ain't some pussy sport.

I guess he smartened up.

Back