Thiago Silva vs Stanislav Nedkov overturned

The UFC are probabley more intersted in promoting Nedkov and want to give a message that there being tough on drugs, thats makes overturning the decision easy.

If it had been someone like say Forrest involved would we have seen the same? I'm guessing not, we probabley wouldnt even have heard about the failed test as we didnt after the Anderson fight.

I still don't understand how some people think testing positive for weed makes you a better fighter though

Even Dana thinks it's BS. He says it's illegal and there should be a penalty for it, but not so harsh.

Please explain how smoking dope is cheating in a fight.

It is against the rules. You do know the rules, don't you?

Explain to me how it isn't cheating when it is specially stated that it is not allowed?

T. Silva should have followed the rules.

Now he's on a shitty streak and might lose his job if he loses his next fight.

T. Silva should have followed the rules.

Now he's on a shitty streak and might lose his job if he loses his next fight.

They should give him another prospect or someone a little outside the rankings. T. Silva could be a super marketable guy.

Then again if worst comes to worst he could crush M'Pumbu easily and take that Bellator strap.

Makes you faster, stronger, more alert. On par with roids imho.

gimme a break dude....you HAVE smoked weed haven't you? I did for years, can't now because of work....But anyways, I used to smoke before jiu jitsu practice, and I felt it kinda relaxed me more, but doing standup, it made me less focused and coordinated....I don't know where you are getting your info about being faster....unless of course you are trolling, in which case it's funny...:)

Shit is ridiculous. Do people think weed makes the fighter somehow better?

People know that weed is against the rules. If you break the rules you don't deserve the win and you definitely don't deserve a win bonus. Thiago broke the rules. Thiago doesn't deserve the win. He didn't win without breaking the rules.

All of this is known. Thiago knows this and must suffer the consequences.

You ever think its the same reasons why chugging liquor and etc is banned before fights? There is a degree of safety that SAC's enforce which I think is pretty fair.

You're not supposed to be out there driving, working, or doing most tasks high or under the influence of something, so why is it such a big deal they can't do it before fighting one another?

inb4 "hurrr duurrr P0tz is safur than Licker"

there was a recent study stating weed is a pain distractor so that could possibly give you an advantage.

people have said that they feel like they perform better in at least bjj when they're high. i wouldn't be surprised if it had a similar effect for some people when it comes to fighting.

although, i think silva tested positive for metabolites and not the active drug, which shouldn't be a big deal, imo.

Haha do you really think he smoked immediately before the fight? Marijuana will stay in your system for a month if you smoke regularly, a couple weeks even if you don't smoke a lot. I highly doubt Silva was high DURING the fight. I get it though, he still broke the rules and deserves to be punished, even if it is a ridiculous rule.

its my birthday. same as Hitlers too. Got any Nazi jokes smart ass?

i do..... form a line and gets in da hole......

To soon?

but serious, i had to double check the date of the first post.....this was overturned a while ago.....

i hope you all know jake shields last fight was overturned for the same thing also..... so no one should be shocked by it.....

i do..... form a line and gets in da hole......

To soon?

but serious, i had to double check the date of the first post.....this was overturned a while ago.....

i hope you all know jake shields last fight was overturned for the same thing also..... so no one should be shocked by it.....

Damn. I didnt realize that about Jake. Maybe pot makes you look lazy and lackluster for the first 2 rounds of every fight.

Edit: Shields was actually overturned by the commission. Id never seen overturned by promoter before like in the Silva fight, but i suppose that's just because it was overseas which isnt sanctioned by our athletic commission.

People know that weed is against the rules. If you break the rules you don't deserve the win and you definitely don't deserve a win bonus. Thiago broke the rules. Thiago doesn't deserve the win. He didn't win without breaking the rules.

All of this is known. Thiago knows this and must suffer the consequences.
Yea I'm not saying it aint Thiago's fault, I'm just saying it's ridiculous that weed is banned. Ok, I may understand that it's forbidden for you to come into the fight high but doesn't Thiago's case mean that he had smoked pot way before the fight? Smoking weed days before a fight doesn't make him better or worse in ANY way.

Marijuana is not a performance enhancing drug, I vape 2-3 times daily and am a competitive weightlifter, it is to no benefit other than it relaxes you, helps you sleep/nap and increases appetite all of which are beneficial to recovery between training sessions. Should he be punished for breaking the rules? Yes, should it be against the rules? No and the victory should still be his he should simply be fined.

Yea I'm not saying it aint Thiago's fault, I'm just saying it's ridiculous that weed is banned. Ok, I may understand that it's forbidden for you to come into the fight high but doesn't Thiago's case mean that he had smoked pot way before the fight? Smoking weed days before a fight doesn't make him better or worse in ANY way.

Whether or not weed should be banned is a different conversation I think.

Back