Thiago Santos will beat Jon Jones

It'd be very cool if he did.

Jon isn't the best striker when it comes to throwing cleanly, but he does pick his shots and time them effectively more often than not.

He's very dependable when it comes to utilizing both his arm and leg length, just because he should be able to be even better at it by now doesn't change that he still gets the job done without much trouble if any at all, barring his 1st fight against Gus.

Goes without saying he's better with his elbows than he is punching so please don't bring that up, we won't be in disagreement when it comes to his Boxing unless you don't know what proper Boxing looks like whether or not we're talking about adapting it.

I can't see Thiago making it to the end of the 5th round, win or lose, only way would be for Jon to be straight up torturous.

Can't see Thiago intending to let Jon survive either if he ever rocks him badly enough.

I didn't talk about grappling in this post because there really isn't room for debate when it comes to discussing whether or not the grappling side of this fight would display there being no contest, Jon is clearly unable to run into someone at LHW or below who can completely neutralize his clinch and ground game, ever since and before his first fight with Gus.

Last edited:
Really hope Santos finds a home for some lower leg kicks and can avoid a clinch at all costs. GL Sledgehammer

lol this is one of those retard threads where OP ignores it and ghosts when it doesnt happen or brags if it somehow happens

The avenue I see for Santos is his dangerous and diversified striking. Head kicks, body kicks, uppercuts in the clinch. He is faster then Jon and I think he will catch Jon with something big and they would be far and away the hardest shots Jones has taken.

The fight that sells it for me is the fight against Manuwa. Remember how guys like rumble and gus were afraid to stand with Manuwa. Thiago physically and most importantly technically dominated Manuwa in that fight.

Jack and Jill went up a hill,
Both to retrieve a letter,
Thiago is a bit better but for fucks
sake,lol, not that much better.
Its sherdoggers like these
That need to go .I mean really
get the fuck out like Trump or Ned
Stark cause everyone is sick of these
clowns taking a stab in the dark.

This could either age like milk or wine

He has a better chance than anyone has since Gus I IMO. That doesn't mean he has a good chance just that this opinion is less ridiculous than say claiming Glover, Smith or OSP had a shot. Santos is possibly the most powerful opponent Jones has faced and he's also a good athlete. He's everything the people who want Jones to go up to HW say they want him to fight, except he's a better athlete and can be more of a threat for a longer period of time. Santos>every HW people want Jones to fight.

Not saying he's better than DC, but a 5 foot 11 guy with the shortest reach of anyone Jones had faced never had a chance regardless of how skilled a wrestler or boxer DC might be.

Unless Johnny Walker is every bit as good as hyped, besides Corey Anderson(who's a greater but different threat) this is Jones's toughest fight. Corey IMO has a better chance at BEATING Jones but Santos has the best chance, perhaps the only chance of putting him to sleep or finishing him.

Also a Jones fan I am very concerned by Jones's stated desire to win this fight by submission. I think that is a bad idea. Smells of him wanting to challenge himself and I'd give Santos's chances a boost from that. Jones is clearly saying that because he believes he can do it, but haven't seen reason to be as confident in Jones's submission abilities same as in his ability to dominate standup.

Last edited:
classic, make a crazy prediction that has a very low chance of happening so if you're somehow right you get gay little bragging rights, if you're wrong nobody will even care and the thread probably won't even get bumped.
<PlusJuan>

sorry i guess
Lol- it's all good( I really dont mean ) just giving my opinion on your opinion in a different way.
My boy Gegard wasted the bigger Santos in a few minutes at 200 but thiago has evolved since but, again, not that much so we'll see.

Jones is clearly the better fighter but Thiago is a powerful guy with a proper reach. It will be more hard for Jones than what we imagine but it is JBJ we are talking about..

More likely to be Smith all over. Gun shy, intimidated, easily beaten.

Hopefully he can land at least one nasty ass kick to Jones liver.

Two different guys. Smith was humbled even before the fight started, Thiago doesn't give a damn.

Where have i heard this before?.....( insert Bones record of challengers) I dont buy it.

Weren't there like ten of these threads before the Smith fight?

The avenue I see for Santos is his dangerous and diversified striking. Head kicks, body kicks, uppercuts in the clinch. He is faster then Jon and I think he will catch Jon with something big and they would be far and away the hardest shots Jones has taken.

The fight that sells it for me is the fight against Manuwa. Remember how guys like rumble and gus were afraid to stand with Manuwa. Thiago physically and most importantly technically dominated Manuwa in that fight.
Manuwa almost ko'd him if memory serves...that was a wild fight

Expect to see an avalanche of takedowns. Bones via sub in 4.

Back