News Thiago Santos Makes Quick Turnaround vs. Aleksandar Rakic on March 6th

Who Wins?

• Thiago Santos

• Aleksandar Rakic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Good fight.
As good as Santos is, I think Rakic will win. He is an athletic beast and a legit LHW. Thiago didn't look that great against Glover. I hope he recovered after his surgeries.

Santos vs Rakic

And Jiri vs Reyes

Both are insanely good matchups. As is Jan vs Izzy once it's confirmed.

LHW looking good.

Who would you like to see Santos fight instead?
Someone like Walker or Krylov. Guys who are ranked and have some name recognition but aren't quite upper echelon. Hell, even the winner of Shogun-Craig makes sense to me. After losing a couple in a row, I think it's a good idea to drop down and fight someone in the 9-15 range. After that, move up to someone in the 5-8 range. Now you have some momentum to take on the top guys and get back into the title hunt.

mma is such a boring shit show these days that 4 months is considered a fast turnaroud for some fans, lmao.

I do like the quick turnaround since the Chuck days. Dana wanted to get him right back in there after a loss, when he was in his prime. But Chuck had the hunger and was peaking.

A lot of times it doesn't work out. Like with Bisping taking on Gastelum and generally older fighters wanting to do this. They lose the big fights and want to get back on track. Take on a often tougher challenge. Which this looks like. Rakic looks to be the best guy out of the young crop of LHW contenders. And I feel he'll fight smart and win clearly.

Then the retirement or desperately dropping weight talks start. Santos turns 37 soon.

It should be fun but I don’t know Rakic always fights guys coming off of losing streaks

Why? He isn't getting title shot if he wins

I think Rakic TKOs him like a minute or two into the fight, via leg kicks.

If Rakic power kicks Santos in the knee, the fight is over.

4 months isn't really a quick turn around is it? Would be about 3 fights a year which seems reasonable if you are somewhat active. Another click bait from from a doodoo belt.

Back