News Thiago Santos Makes Quick Turnaround vs. Aleksandar Rakic on March 6th

Who Wins?

• Thiago Santos

• Aleksandar Rakic

Results are only viewable after voting.
That doesnt leave many options for Rumble, who I thought would get 1 of these 2 next.

Krylov, Walker, & Ankalaev are healthy & available yet.

I mean...He didn't take as much "Damage" persae, but this is still a fast turn around. I guess he's trying to wash the taste of getting Tapped Out out of his mouth as quick as he can so I guess I don't blame him lol.

He had Glover dead to rights twice, but failed to finish the Job, and as someone that got Hailed for taking it to one of the GOATS in Jon Jones on one Leg, you gotta wonder how the loss weighs on his mental seeing how he couldn't bounce back with a Win and prove those people right.

I think taking this fight at this time is a bad career move for Thiago. Give him one easier fight after his huge injuries, surgery, layoff and ass kicking from Glover before jumping right in at the top of the division again. Rakic is a scary dude

That doesnt leave many options for Rumble, who I thought would get 1 of these 2 next.

I’m going to keep pounding the table for Rumble vs. Paulo Costa at 205. Costa had already said he wanted to go to 205 after the Izzy fight although we haven’t heard much about that since he got his ass whooped.

Any timeline of when Rumble can actually fight/meets the "in the pool" requirements though?

Looks like Rakic ducked Jiří Procházka.
Yeah. Disappointing that they're rewarding that by giving him a fight against a guy in the position of Santos (bigger name/ranking coming early off a loss where he took decent damage)

Yep, could be a very underwhelming fight if Rakic plays it smart and just holds Santos down, seems like a simple path to victory though.

Pretty much, the funny thing is it's not like his TDD is piss poor, he just doesn't use his Head, he stopped addressing the Takedowns and opted to throw strikes thinking that would be enough.

Rakic is no Glover on the ground but it definitely seems like the "Smarter" option assuming Santos doesn't learn from his mistake.

Rakic is nowhere near as skilled as Glover on the ground, but he's clearly a very strong guy. Should be interesting.

I would've said Santos before the injury.
Now his knees are shot to the point he can't even defend takedowns.

Voted Marreta but just out of stubbornness. Thiago always dangerous on the feet, but so is Rakic. Rakic will likely win via superior grappling, similar to how he did vs Smith.

Back