Media Thiago Santos made Jon Jones look bad with bum legs

I rewatched the fight and it was a clear win for Jones. Was it spectacular? No but Thiago landed like a total of 2 shots to the head, out of 30 attempted. Still mad respect to him.

Let me clarify, fightmetric puts jones ahead in significant strikes in all those rounds except for round 1.

Santos landed no knockdowns. He landed less strikes to the head and body than jones. I love leg kicks as much as the next guy, but I'm just not seeing how this is a robbery.

nah, i don't think it's a robbery. but fightmetric stats and watching the fight are 2 different things. when i watched the fight the first time, i thought Santos could've won, but i figured Jon Jones would win because of a few factors: 1. he didn't get knocked down or hurt like you said. 2. he's the long reigning champion, you gotta really fuck'em up to get the nod in a decision. 3. because of Santos' injuries he couldn't look that dominant. 4. Jones understands how to bullshit the judges and pressed a lot of the action to appear as the aggressor and controlling the action.

looking at it from a purely fight standpoint though? Jon Jones looked terrible because he basically had to bullshit the judges by coming forward and throwing a ton of volume vs a former MW who has no knees. if that's 2010 Jon Jones he would've carved his name into Thiago's face with elbows from the top the second he saw Santos blow out his knee.

i don't agree that it's a robbery, but i could see how people could mark it for Santos.

You kinda lost credibility with trying to give him rd 3.

You lose credibility trying to post a knockdown when its clear Santos didn't has his legs under him. That was a nice elbow but it wasn't a knockdown type of elbow if the opponent had two functional legs.

Santos strikes by round...good lord.

11/26
7/42
6/33
8/28
11/37

Jones strikes by round
7/16
11/17
14/19
11/17
16/21

So, in every round but the first, he threw nearly half the strikes, but landed almost twice as many.

TS do you know how long 25 minutes is to fight for? So you put together a video of Santos landing some strikes and made this thread to show the world how Santos made Jones look bad lol...No wonder I have you on ignore.

Steroid ABUSING Jones barely eeked by a one legged Santos. Truly a disgraceful performance from the JUICED Jones.

You realize when you say "arguably" it means an argument can be successfully made for the other guy too right? Either way, it's all an opinion, in the end Jones got the win.

Meh, he wasn't aggressive enough...threw a few strikes and retreated instead of going for the kill.

Who can blame him though?...im sure he didn't wanna gas and end up under Jon eating hellbows.

Jon never looked worried.

how is that? the guy blew both his knees out in like the 2nd rd. people with functioning brain cells usually understand what context means.
If he "blew both his knees out" he wouldn't have been able to walk. One knee was badly injured. The other had less serious injuries when he continued to fight and compensated for the other leg, probably. Not sure how falling apart in the ring magically makes his performance great. If he lost to someone who fought like a bum, that makes him less than a bum.

nah, i don't think it's a robbery. but fightmetric stats and watching the fight are 2 different things. when i watched the fight the first time, i thought Santos could've won, but i figured Jon Jones would win because of a few factors: 1. he didn't get knocked down or hurt like you said. 2. he's the long reigning champion, you gotta really fuck'em up to get the nod in a decision. 3. because of Santos' injuries he couldn't look that dominant. 4. Jones understands how to bullshit the judges and pressed a lot of the action to appear as the aggressor and controlling the action.

looking at it from a purely fight standpoint though? Jon Jones looked terrible because he basically had to bullshit the judges by coming forward and throwing a ton of volume vs a former MW who has no knees. if that's 2010 Jon Jones he would've carved his name into Thiago's face with elbows from the top the second he saw Santos blow out his knee.

i don't agree that it's a robbery, but i could see how people could mark it for Santos.
So pressing the action, coming forward and throwing a high volume of strikes is now "bullshitting the judges"? Sounds like what most people call "fighting."

Smh ya goofs dont realize its Jon who is making himself look bad,like a damn Leopard jumping into the water attacking a croc.

I'm far from a Jones hater but it's weird how much Santos stock went up after this fight. Did anyone watch him vs Manuwa? Could have easily been KO'D.

If he "blew both his knees out" he wouldn't have been able to walk. One knee was badly injured. The other had less serious injuries when he continued to fight and compensated for the other leg, probably. Not sure how falling apart in the ring magically makes his performance great. If he lost to someone who fought like a bum, that makes him less than a bum.

i didn't say his performance was great. Jon Jones fought like a bum because the standard people hold Jon Jones to is higher than normal fighters. so a "bum Jon Jones" is still a much better fighter than most. like i said earlier, you have to understand context.

if Elias Theodorou beat Thiago Santos exactly the same way Jon Jones did, people wouldn't be calling him a bum. you know why? because everyone thinks he's sucks. therefore the standard he's held to basically doesn't even exist.

it's because of how great Jon Jones is/was and how uninspired his performance was is why people say he fought like a bum.

Honetly though Santos won on the re watch. After watching it again recently, its a fucking robbery. Jones has 2 losses in the ufc, and im not counting the Hamil fight.

Not even fucking with you, I re-watched the fight in the process of making this video and Santos arguably won rounds 1,2,3 and 5
Not sure I would agree on round 3, but I did have him for 1, 2, and 5. Round 2 could've realistically gone either way, but I'm thinking two of the judges gave Jones the round due to Santos' leg giving out during a Jones body kick, and falling down. Either way, I thought Santos won 48-47 when I watched it live, and after rewatching it last night.

Back