Media Thiago Santos is the most entertaining LHW on the roster

I would say Johnny Walker is up there for pure entertainment value. Win or lose some weirdly entertaining stuff will happen in a Johnny Walker fight
ScalyUnacceptableHoki-size_restricted.gif

ShabbyEssentialDouglasfirbarkbeetle-size_restricted.gif

RegularZestyAmurstarfish-max-1mb.gif

Walker brings the laughs.

nothing weird at all, he was losing to a lot of people.
Sometimes its takes over half of a career for a fighter to realize his true weight class. Rumble is the most extreme example of that.
How many terrifying explosively jacked LHW's have lost to Lightweights?

Also people are still calling Luque pretty raw now 8 years later, I don't mean weird in a bad way, just not people you'd expect to be on his record... Rumble is pretty enigmatic in the respect, I suppose BJ has messed around a lot with weight classes too, but I can't think of a ton of other examples.

That’s fucking beautiful from santos. Not easy to hit that while moving back

It was as beautifull from Santos as it was horrible from Jan.
The dude did a reverse stance switch blitz on one leg dragging shit.
Hope his striking coach comited sudoku

He's definitely up there.. But haven't you heard?

Of Jimmy fucking Crute?

He's a dark horse in the division. I could see him fighting for the belt in a year or two. He has excellent striking and grappling. A true mixed martial artist and he's young. He took his first loss like a man and kept trying to improve. Future champ in my opinion.

How many terrifying explosively jacked LHW's have lost to Lightweights?

Also people are still calling Luque pretty raw now 8 years later, I don't mean weird in a bad way, just not people you'd expect to be on his record... Rumble is pretty enigmatic in the respect, I suppose BJ has messed around a lot with weight classes too, but I can't think of a ton of other examples.
Overeem. Great but not champion caliber LHW. GOAT candidate as Ubereem.

Overeem. Great but not champion caliber LHW. GOAT candidate as Ubereem.
Yeh good example of a fighter moving up as he also fought at MW, but has he ever lost to anyone who fought at WW? Which would be the equivalent to Santos losing to someone who's fought at LW.

GOAT candidate <mma4>

Yeh good example of a fighter moving up as he also fought at MW, but has he ever lost to anyone who fought at WW? Which would be the equivalent to Santos losing to someone who's fought at LW.

GOAT candidate <mma4>
Randleman, Vitor, and Rampage lost to Sakuraba.
Royce beat Dan Severn.
Matt Hughes beat Joe Doerksen.

That's all I got.

Always in exciting fights for sure, but too sloppy to be considered one of my favorites. Much prefer Ankalaev:
GregariousFaintGreyhounddog-size_restricted.gif

85b1c83e0880b1d3f687425d1e0ce3660c98c244.gif

ConsiderateRapidCattle-size_restricted.gif

Taking nothing from Santos of course, still love him for exposing Jones. Just personal preferences.

Last edited:
Randleman, Vitor, and Rampage lost to Sakuraba.
Royce beat Dan Severn.
Matt Hughes beat Joe Doerksen.

That's all I got.

Yeah Rampage and Randleman are good examples with Sakuraba, though the weight classes back then were pretty weird, he'd have fought at Welterweight and also beaten Heavyweights which is 4 jumps in weight.

(Santos)LHW>MW>WW>LW(Leonardo Santos)

(Sakuraba)WW>MW>LHW>HW(Rampage/Randleman)

Unfortunately, he may never be the same after the JJ fight.

We'll see tomorrow when he fights Glover.

His fight with Jimi Manuwa was fucking nuts. Props should go to Jimi as well, that guy was always willing to throw down.

His domination of Eryk Anders was so fucking impressive.

He's great, always been one of the most exciting fighters to watch...

1 thing that's crazy though is Vicente Luque TKO'd him 8 years ago when he was only 20 years old! .. Never seen the fight or even any highlights from it. Really want to see what happened.

Also Leaonardo Santos beat him at some point, who's a Lightweight... What the hell did Thiago Santos look like at the time?! weird losses.
Yeah.. it's up there with Jorge Masvidal losing to Raphael Assuncao.

Back