Rumored Thiago Santos is pissed that Izzy is skipping the line

Absolutely, i'm hoping Francis murders Stipe and then a triangle of Jones-Izzy-Francis (Any one of these combo of fights is fucking madness)

I'm not even an Izzy fan, but no-one can say the dude seems afraid to fight anyone really so far... Depending on what happens with HW and Jones, one could argue fighting Santos or Glover after Jan is more of a duck than moving up again to become triple champ.
I dislike Israel’s personality but I would be lying to deny he is already on a great start to become undisputed GOAT

I dislike Israel’s personality but I would be lying to deny he is already on a great start to become undisputed GOAT
If he beats Jan-Jones-Stipe/Francis .. No one could fuck with him. Basically Cleared MW, beat the best of LHW, beat the dude who's cleared LHW multiple times, and then beat Stipe who's considered by some the best HW ever, or Francis maybe the most terrifying man in MMA.. His resume would be fucking incredible basically having MW-LHW-HW all in his pocket.

It’s not skipping the line when you are a champion of a different weight class.
It's the very definition of skipping the line, seeing as how the champ in a different weight class wasn't even in said line to begin with and they just go straight to the front.
BUT that doesn't necessarily mean that it makes no sense for them to skip the line, provided there aren't a litany of contenders waiting in their own division. Since the only guy really waiting for Izzy is a guy he dominated to unify the belts not that long ago, him going for the LHW strap isn't the worst move.

Glover will handle Santos and will forever end his title aspirations

Thiago has fought four fights at LHW, if this was any other division he would be mocked for thinking he is entitled to a second title shot at this point.

At LHW he beat Eryk Anders (no longer a LHW), Jimi Manuwa (since retired), Jan (now champ) before losing to Jones. If he beats Glover then he should fight the winner of Reyes/Prochazka; winning both of those fights would make him deserving of a title shot.

LHW is turning into such a clownshow.

Izzy can’t go from defeating Goliath to fighting someone he soundly whipped. He’s trying to increase his brand and marketing power so Jan makes sense. After Jan comes Jones for the biggest fight in UFC history.
Biggest fight? Bro, it wouldn't beat any of Conors top 4.

who cares if it makes sense? The only fights for Izzy at 185 are rematches. Might as well fight at 205. And if Santos wins against Glover he will probably fight the winner of Izzy/Jan, so it's not like he's getting really getting screwed.
If Izzy beats Jan you KNOW UFC will be salivating to book Jones vs Izzy in July so if Santos beats Glover he'd be waiting at least a year before he can fight for the title.

Couple of thoughts

- Izzy is more interesting of a fight for Blach right now than any of the contemporary contenders. Jiri's not built up yet, nobody knows Rakic, Thiago/Glover has yet to be settled. Izzy makes sense at this point, especially cause he's in a similar position at his weight class.

- Santos shouldn't pull a Reyes and overlook his current problem in Glover. A lot of things can happen real quick, just focus on what you can control. If anything, Izzy being a champ is probably bigger money if Santos get the title shot.

- My OCD does want Blach to rectify that Santos loss.

Of course it ain't fair for Gynobender to skip the line, but we all know that this ain't a sport. Is normal.
It may not be fair, but if anyone currently deserves this, it's Izzy. While his kickboxing career may not count in MMA, it does show a history of willingness to fight and step up.

Izzy could have taken the easy route and fight cans like Costa until retirement. Among the cans and geriatrics currently in the MW division, there's nothing there to build a legacy on. Being the UFC's #1 can crusher? Unlike Jon Jones, Izzy doesn't run away from challenges and has a real chance going down as one of the true legends of MMA. I think that's pretty cool.

I'm cool with it. There's no clear-cut contender at the moment, the timeline works out fine to me:

Jan vs. Izzy - around January.
Santos/Glover winner can fight Rakic around the same time, #1 contender fight.
Reyes/Jiri in February, will produce the next contender after that.

I'm cool with it. There's no clear-cut contender at the moment, the timeline works out fine to me:

Jan vs. Izzy - around January.
Santos/Glover winner can fight Rakic around the same time, #1 contender fight.
Reyes/Jiri in February, will produce the next contender after that.
Problem with that timeline is that they are talking Adesanya Jan in March, pushes everything back especially if the winner of Jan/Adesanya takes any damage, next title fight wouldn't be till August/September at the earliest then.

Thiago can fight the winner.
if Izzy wins like he probably could as Jan is a favorable stylistic matchup, Thiago would be nowhere near that shot

it would be all about setting the Jones fight

Thiago just needs to worry about Saturday night. He should be drinking, eating and sleeping Glover. The rest will take care of itself.This could be looked at next in line ( with glovers recent streak)......( after izz- if papers do get signed)

Really though all the LHW's should want Israel in the division, he's likely now a much bigger draw than anyone else they could face with Jones gone and if someone beats him they'll become a big draw aswell.

Back