Rumored Thiago Santos is pissed that Izzy is skipping the line

Jan hasn't even defended the belt yet and Santos KOed him.

He has every right to be pissed. Superfights are such a diluted concept in WME era.

"it's makes do much sense"

tenor.gif

"even Rib said.."

{<jordan}

He works for the UFC. Nothing should surprise these guys about the decisions they make. It is not about the best but who can pull in the most money. Conor is a great example of this.

People who win belts generally get better opportunities than those who don't.

I mean, I don't blame him. This matchup seems kind of random. Sounds like the UFC wants to keep building Izzy, their is a stylistically favourable fight for him at LHW again the champ, and so they went for it. They probably also figure this is an easy way to lure Jon Jones back to LHW for a much bigger fight.

who cares if it makes sense? The only fights for Izzy at 185 are rematches. Might as well fight at 205. And if Santos wins against Glover he will probably fight the winner of Izzy/Jan, so it's not like he's getting really getting screwed.

Santos knows Izzy being the LHW champ, means no belt for Santos

It doesn't matter what he thinks. Glover is gonna steal his title shot
Lollll.

Even an impressive KO by old man glover, there is no WAY they pass on booking adesanya vs blachowicz. Ufc at the end of the day is an entertainment business and they’re about making money. Who wants to see yan vs glover over yan vs adesanya. Just about nobody.

I hope he’s not wasting valuable mental energy getting wound up over this. Glover is NOT an opponent to look past or take lightly.

If Israel wins he better defend it against Santos, It would actually be a blight on Israel’s legacy if he never faces Thiago, people would say he cherry picked the champ like GSP did with Bisping

If Israel wins he better defend it against Santos, It would actually be a blight on Israel’s legacy if he never faces Thiago, people would say he cherry picked the champ like GSP did with Bisping
Not if he took Francis, Stipe or Jones instead... No one would give a shit. Barely anyone cares that Conor never gave Aldo his rightful rematch.

Man, if Israel could defeat Ngannou that would be one of the most amazing feats in the sport’s history
Absolutely, i'm hoping Francis murders Stipe and then a triangle of Jones-Izzy-Francis (Any one of these combo of fights is fucking madness)

I'm not even an Izzy fan, but no-one can say the dude seems afraid to fight anyone really so far... Depending on what happens with HW and Jones, one could argue fighting Santos or Glover after Jan is more of a duck than moving up again to become triple champ.

Back