Thiago Alves - where is he?

Pychu666

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Is he fighting at all or what? He was supposed to fight Siyar but that was ages ago. Hard injury or something?

Pretty sure he is injured.

Alves is a favorite of mine, and he's still young, shockingly.

I call it now he makes a huge comeback

yeah, he suffered multiple injuries, torn muscle in the chest before UFC 149, + he injured his knee afterward...he decided to take some time off to get back at 100%. He mentionned a return around mid 2013, cant wait. Alves is a beast, very well rounded, top muay thai striker with underrated wrestling and grappling. Only weight issues and brainfarts prevent him from being a publicly acclaimed top 5 ww. Lets see if he can get that shit out of the way from now on.

he is taking time off to heal injuries, but i look forward to his return, he is still training and improving

They need to build him back up slowly when he comes back. Went from a p4p ranked fighter to getting beat by sub-top 10 fighters and making huge brain farts. He beat the living shit out of Kampmann - wonder how things would have gone had he not jumped into a choke. He could have ended up being the one fighting the Juggernaut.

It has been so long since we've seen him fight. He is my favorite WW and I feel like he is still top 5. I hope they give him a good matchup for his return.

But seriously, best of luck to Thiago! He has IMO best pure standup @ WW (check my vote on the poll)

Geordie "Shadow" Munro;78118553 said:

But seriously, best of luck to Thiago! He has IMO best pure standup @ WW (check my vote on the poll)

Hah hah, Goodshit. Always count on a good laugh withy morning coffee on these boards!!!

8/10 good sir.

I don't what kind of a career Alves can have if at this age he spends more time healing than training. The years coming certainly won't be kinder than the years that preceded

He will be okay, I think.

2-2 in his last 4 and was clearly beating Kampmann and beat an undefeated dude.

yeah, he suffered multiple injuries, torn muscle in the chest before UFC 149, + he injured his knee afterward...he decided to take some time off to get back at 100%. He mentionned a return around mid 2013, cant wait. Alves is a beast, very well rounded, top muay thai striker with underrated wrestling and grappling. Only weight issues and brainfarts prevent him from being a publicly acclaimed top 5 ww. Lets see if he can get that shit out of the way from now on.

You don't think he's less motivated since his title shot loss to GSP?

I don't think he looks like he wants it like he did back when he was fighting Hughes and Kos.

Back