Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein

Face Punch

Punch Face
@purple
Reaction score
I feel like this one is flying under the radar a bit and understandably so with the return of Anderson and Diaz. I'm hoping Alves can get it done, but who do you got and how?

Jordan being a more technical striker. If Thiago can get off a few of those vicious leg kicks early and close the distance could be a more interesting fight.

Only guys with elite wrestling have been able to take Alves down, and only those guys have been able to use the TD threat to hang on the feet.

Mein's getting beat up in this one.

I feel like this one is flying under the radar a bit and understandably so with the return of Anderson and Diaz. I'm hoping Alves can get it done, but who do you got and how?

Same here. Hope Alves, but Im nervous about it.

I'll be begrudgingly picking Alves, I think.

Jordan's time is now. He makes a statement in this fight, and then he should get the winner of Thatch/Wonderboy or an even higher profile match up.

This is a must see fight for sure and a tough one to call as they are both excellent strikers. Mein is a bit more aggressive and I really want to see him get another finish with elbows, so I'll pick him.

LEt me know when Alves fight Carlos Condit or Matt Brown

Split decision win for whoever wins the third round.

Haven't seen enough from Alves to really say if he has what it takes. Mein has been improving leaps while Alves has been off. Alves last fight looked like he was only slightly above average. I really hope he's busting his tail to make a comeback.

I'm looking forward to it though.

Good Step up for Mein Thiago is still a Handful for any body

alves looked liked shit in his last fight, time for my boy mein to shine, hoping to see another nice body shot / elbow finish :)

could be a fucking awesome fight, both guys are great strikers.

Mein is going to blast Alves who will be looking for takedowns to hang on for dear life. Mein is a nasty dude, he'll win by TKO.

i thought alves was injured still.oh well,if he's in one pice i'll pick him.

Can't wait to see Alves back in the octagon. WAR Alves.

Back