They're here! They're here! Ring to cage winning clones!!!!

But those were his gloves, so why not :) Though all his claims are baseless since he 1) even hasn't used the gloves much, 2) doesn't know what the foams used are.

A) i used them enough, and B) i have a good idea of the foams they used do i know the chemical composition hell you can go to any foam wholesaler/retailer and bring them some foams and they can only give you their best guess as to what it could be based on what they carry.

Anyways from thinking back on that review of clamps i kinda wonder if the winning gloves that R2C used had a different foam composition from my winning gloves i had, which reinforced the my ideal that even big companies have issues with consistency. If you have gloves in the porduction line but the foam you want is delayed you can't stop that production line and weight for the right for you have to go with what you have kicking around that most closely resembles what you originally wanted.

send it to a lab for testing!!!

even if you send it to the lab for testing in the end it won't mean shit A) their next batch might be differant and B) the nightmare of making sure you get what you tested might not be worth the time and money.

Cause you have to get the counter samples tested to make sure your matching the foam perfectly, then you have to get the foam manufactured to those specs, then you have to have crazy quality controls in place just to make sure that the foam factory is not cutting corners on you, then you have to make sure that your end manufacturer is actually using the foam you got made and sent to them and make sure they aren't just keeping it and substituting it with something cheaper.

just from your review i know winning gloves are not all made the same, and we know those are the Ferraris of the boxing world, and if the ferraris can't keep perfect consistency from batch to batch i'm sure 90% of the other brands don't have a clue what is going on inside their own gear hidden behind the shell let along care as long as it's selling. the other 9% that know what is going on but know they can't fully control use sweet marketing jargen if they get a batch that is a noticeably diffearant from the previous batch, which is what i have to start to learn to do instead of clearing shit out that isn't 90% up to par.

Mike...when am I reviewing for you again? :)

I think we need a few people who have had the chance to use the glove review it before we jump to any conclusions. People can have their opinin about looks, but I'm not going to judge performance by looks or brand or even place of manufacture.

Give it a week or two guys, we'll have a better idea of how they actually function.

Yeah thats exactly what i said. Its hard to pass judgement without trying something even if you assume to know what materials are used and have used many gloves before. Give everything its chance.

Haha I like Mike. Some people have a hard time swallowing truths? I mean has anyone else other than Mike rip open a pair of Winnings and studied their stuff?

What truth are you referring to? All of his conclusions were speculation that the gloves used by nearly every elite fighter weren't as well made as some Pakistani clones of said glove by looking on at a pic on the internet? Absurdity, not truth.

Pretty Boy Floyd, Chavez Jr., Juan Manuel M

What truth are you referring to? All of his conclusions were speculation that the gloves used by nearly every elite fighter weren't as well made as some Pakistani clones of said glove by looking on at a pic on the internet? Absurdity, not truth.

i just said from the picture of the foam i could see the construction of the padding was better in the R2C clone, if i wanted to save money on construction i would take the winning route as it would allow me to get more gloves cut out of each square yard of fabric, i ment nothing more from it :icon_neut

all i want to say is good job to R2C for making those clones i think they look sharp whether they are the same as the originals or not, only a side by side comparison by a unbiased reviewer would be worth reading.

Clamp our new Tyro line we made to wholesale to clubs is almost all in. just waiting on the headgear, bag and gi. We are really focusing on this tyro line and it's putting everything else on the back burner.

1.The tyro gloves are the same as our apeman gloves (apeman's are getting a rewrite) just with softer padding, and mesh palm.
2.The tyro headgear think fg-2900, in a soft injection mold, with back padding.
3.The Tyro Shins think twins but in injection mold with a removable foot pad, but if you have big cankles this first batch might not work for you.
4. Tyro Gear bags, we got a bunch in by air and they sold out almost within a day or 2 the rest should be in a week or so.
5. 400gram Tyro bjj gi should be here in the fall.

So if you are interested let me know and i'll send it out to you.

This has been my focus right now as 80% of our clients are wholesale clubs, and with constantly improving our gear we started pricing ourselves out of the market for clubs that need good gear but aren't willing to pay for it. That's where our Tyro line comes in "cheap good gear"

Well this is my last post in this topic before all the winning nut huggers come out of the woodwork and start taking pieces of my posts out of context and trying to smash me :) just kidding i love winning they make great headgear, not a fan of their gloves but that is just me i just prefer smaller tighter fitting hand compartments in 16oz gloves, and better wrist support out of a velcro glove. If i didn't make my own gear i'm sure i'd be using my winning gear instead of cutting it up but i have my own priorities when it comes to gear right now.

take care fellow sherdoggers and no hard feelings this is just my opinion.

Mike @ Gorilla

Last edited:
Lol ring to cage did it so buy it bud! A very economical version of a overly praised glove! ;-)

Lol ring to cage did it so buy it bud! A very economical version of a overly praised glove! ;-)

i still don't like the idea of cloning gear i guess i just like doing everything the hard way :) but i might grab a pair of those R2C to satisfy my curiosity lol

i still don't like the idea of cloning gear i guess i just like doing everything the hard way :) but i might grab a pair of those R2C to satisfy my curiosity lol

oh nah bud that was more for shaft. Just buy it and knock it. It's hard to make believers out of non believers. It's all gravy baby more goodness and $$$ for us at the end of the day. However you spend your money is everyone's business but it's hilarious that people just want to knock somebody for finding a way to share such highly praised gloves for the masses. It's almost elitist thinking to try to ruin it for everyone else? Eh say what you want it's not going to change anyone else's minds and if you guys want to bash it and say it's not exact that is fine. Mike has an opinon and you guys aren't doing your part by showing us that you're right. You're mainly just name dropping and comparing cars but that is your right to do so :)

Some guys here are definitely better people than I am.
To have such an open heart to believe that a mediocre Pakistani/Chinese crap that costs GFG or R2C 30-35 bucks to get it from the manufacturer (then is sold for 100) might not only be equal to the most precisely made gloves with the best performance by far (proved by the USERS, Mike, this is the purpose of the gloves), but might even outperform them.

Btw may some experts here explain me why Everlast tried to buy Winning company for a HUGE amount (they refused)? Looking forward to some bright opinions on this subject.

Love makes the world a better place :) I didn't hear about the everlast deal. When was this?

Love makes the world a better place :) I didn't hear about the everlast deal. When was this?

So does a knowledge :) I love the opinions like "I haven't used Winning gear, but I think XX, because YY".
This is a perfect definition of ignorance :)

I do not know when exactly. Kazumichi told this. I assume not so long time ago. Will ask.

Last edited:
Some guys here are definitely better people than I am.
To have such an open heart to believe that a mediocre Pakistani/Chinese crap that costs GFG or R2C 30-35 bucks to get it from the manufacturer (then is sold for 100)

Yes I am taking this statement literally again. The first sentence i disagree with obviously...it's just a weird comment to make. As for the rest...it's not really so much having an open heart or whatever you're getting at...all it is to me is understanding that since we all have a mutual interest in gear, we should share that passion in a positive way and in reality it's not really my problem what other people are buying, I just want people (myself included) to be happy with what they buy and want stimulated discussions about what's being bought. I could care less about going back and forth in an argument about gear i haven't tried or don't plan to try although it is mildly entertaining (however stale eventually) to read others banter. In this case Clamp is the only one to try the product yet he's not even in the debate lol, it's others that are the ones going back and forth over the quality...

I do respect diverse opinions though...but seriously it's okay to disagree. Both of your stances are already known...you're both just repeating yourself now on the same points and dragging this out beyond the point of boredom. In the end, the ones who agree that they want to try will buy, the ones who don't won't buy...as long as each is happy with their own choice to buy or not to buy...who am I to say anything and why does it matter to anyone else? That's not having an open heart, it's just normal. :icon_lol:. Let's move along from the repetitive banter.

And yes...i'll do it for you:
hAD2FD4B6

The first sentence was purely ironical :)

Well, I do not know what to say, because your comment was a bit pointless.

So few facts.

1) A wholesale price Mike and R2C get their gloves from the manufacturer for is about 30-35 bucks.
Then sell for 100. Pakistan is a poor country, but even there you cannot get anything great for 35.

2) Mike judges the gear without any decent knowledge of the purpose of the gear. Literally he almost doesn't use it. Anybody who has seen his video reviews can confirm it.

3) I do not care about Mike, my attitude to him personally is neutral. However he totally fails in terms of applying any logic, provide any arguments (beside "I think XX and I do not care about what the others think, because I trust my opinion and no argumentation is needed").

4) Sherdog is always full of pseudomanufacturers who claim "they know more" just because they order some crap from Pakistan and then resell it with their own logo. Darrin Clauder with his "Heritage are the best gloves in the world ever made, the second most protective after them are Grant" is a good exemple. They usually behave and talk silly.

5) I say nothing bad about Clamp. He is an awesome guy. I just say he is sometimes a bit too kind in his review (we all are now and then).

6) The more people believe GFG, R2C, Ringside are equal to Winning the more these companies will sell.

7) Demagogical generalization about the importance of liberty of opinions is not a valuable contribution to the particular discussion, an argumented opinion is.

You can be right. I just said my own and at 3 20 am i definitely don't care enough to make my pointless point seem to have a purpose to you. Take it for what it is. I understand where you're coming from, I've been reading it for the past 3 pages :p Goodnight my brother

You can be right. I just said my own and at 3 20 am i definitely don't care enough to make my pointless point seem to have a purpose to you. Take it for what it is. I understand where you're coming from, I've been reading it for the past 3 pages :p Goodnight my brother

Sherdog is always going to be a good platform for boosting sales of mediocre gear, my brother. I just do not like it. Anybody has a right to buy anything with his money, but nobody should be misled by the "manufacturers". And Mike does it constantly, though I have to admit he does it not so openly and not in such a ridiculous way like Clauder. This is the main thing I wanted to say.

Sherdog is a place for objective reviews. Not for the self-promotion of the manufacturers. But Mike's video reviews are lovely, I really enjoy them with some pop-corn :)

Good night :)

Last edited:
oh nah bud that was more for shaft. Just buy it and knock it. It's hard to make believers out of non believers. It's all gravy baby more goodness and $$$ for us at the end of the day. However you spend your money is everyone's business but it's hilarious that people just want to knock somebody for finding a way to share such highly praised gloves for the masses. It's almost elitist thinking to try to ruin it for everyone else? Eh say what you want it's not going to change anyone else's minds and if you guys want to bash it and say it's not exact that is fine. Mike has an opinon and you guys aren't doing your part by showing us that you're right. You're mainly just name dropping and comparing cars but that is your right to do so :)

Well looking at the pics again, its clear to see the craftsmanship isnt as good as good as the original BUT I was looking at somebodys red and white pair and I thought those ones looked not so great. The stock ones dont look so bad. Its just when someone says the construction/craftsmanship is superior to the winnings I just have to call bs. Yeah I probably went overboard. The point with the car thing was an illustration of the quality of Japanese manufacturing compared with Pakistani which shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence, plain and simple. It goes into anything they make. Cars, home audio, electronics, steel, semiconductors, microchips, whatever you name it, its probably some of the best on earth. They take incredible pride in what they make or do and find the best ways to do it. The guys in Karachi or wherever need to be guided by the hand and supervised like 5 year olds and be told what is good and what isnt because they have no experience themselves, and quite frankly not the pride or love for what they do to know when something isnt up to par if they even give two damns.

Now if these have very close ergonomics and protection I may try em out when I get some $$$. And in 12s too please... We dont need 16s to do heavy bag work if it protects like a winning right? And who uses 16s on mitts??

KShaft, who had at least a tiny effort to get what you meant with the cars exemple he got it without any further explanation. Who did not have any effort...

Well, R2C "copied" 16 oz. Winning (well, some dude in Pakistan did). And you can see what they got. Could you imagine the result if they would go creative and make 12 oz. without a pattern?

Back