They were 1 win away from a title shot but never came close again

Paulo Thiago probably would’ve gotten a shot had he beat Fitch right after he KOd Koscheck.

Josh Thomson. I seem to remember him getting a title shot and not being able to fight.

I'm pretty sure he got rorted against Benson?
This actually has ties to TJ Grant. Grant pulled out against Pettis and was replaced by Thomson after Thomson finished Nate but Pettis pulled out afterwards and Thomson instead fought Benson and was robbed. His career never recovered after that.

This actually has ties to TJ Grant. Grant pulled out against Pettis and was replaced by Thomson after Thomson finished Nate but Pettis pulled out afterwards and Thomson instead fought Benson and was robbed. His career never recovered after that.
So Thomson vs Benson was or wasn't for the title?

Josh Thomson. I seem to remember him getting a title shot and not being able to fight.
He was supposed to fight Pettis but Pettis got injured so he fought Bendo and lost a split decision

Mike "quick" Swick

Lost #1 contender match to Dan Hardy then went 1-3 an retired

George Sotiropoulos
Josh Grispi
Jim Miller

So Thomson vs Benson was or wasn't for the title?
It wasn't. Pettis just defeated Benson to become champ and his first defense was going to be against Grant and then Thomson but both fights didn't happen. Instead of waiting for a title shot Thomson main evented against Benson and lost.

Cro cop. He was supposed to fight Randy Couture after Gonzaga.

Leben before he met <BC1>.

Maybe best UFC debut ever too
Anderson was so godly after that
Came here to post that one I remember all the trash Leben talked in the build up too "so what if he hits hard, I'm just going to walk right threw everything." Sad thing chris he literally tried to just walk through Silva's strikes too.
<{you!}>
Cro cop. He was supposed to fight Randy Couture after Gonzaga.
DaXu7PRV4AAc267.jpg

Dana white definitely felt that one with all the lost profit Randy v Cro Cop didn't bring in.

TUF loser chris Lytle lost the split d to Matt Serra.
Maryna Moroz fought a title eliminator with valerie letourneau to face joanna.

Back