Opinion They want us to eat bugs

I mean I agree completely. There's that picture that has become a meme, someone was complaining that they had to spend over $200.00 on a week's worth of groceries and they had oreos, ice cream, not a lick of vegetables or beef/poultry. Every day I'm more and more irritated with fellow Americans. Not only are they damaging their own persons, they're being irresponsible with their wallets at the same time.

Your point is valid. I just think it's distinct from the point the OP was trying to make
From an land, energy, and time prospective i imagine that insect farming would produce much more "food" than beef production for way less resources. As a society i guess it would depend on what we are going to prioritize moving forward. If it is cheap food with fewer resources, prehaps there is an argument to be made. Im not super invested at this time to really look into it and make that argument though.

All of these elites that want you poor and eating bugs won't be sacrificing shit themselves. This is how the elite have always functioned throughout human history. It's amazing that the human species allows them to get away with this. Human beings are not as intelligent collectively as advertised. Dumb herd animals.

It would be generous to say that 85% of your posts are shitty one-liners that in no way address a given OP. You had two in this thread before I started talking to you. Mince words all you like, pretty sure most people would agree that constitutes being a troll.

I'm not lumping you in with trolls. I'm calling you one
Cool story chief way to deflect from the topic

I can't wait for this admin to be voted out. All these BS changes while we've gone through a pandemic and inflation. Sure just pile more shit on the people.

The things you own, own you

You thinking you are one of them by going along with them is a mistake. You will be eaten and shat out just like the rest of them. At least we were willing to fight and didn't go out like cowards.

Get right with God

We haven't always had so much meat. Not to long ago, "a chicken in every pot on Sundays" was a campaign promise. Economics causes people's diets to change over time.

The choice might not be beef or bugs. Maybe it is beef, bugs, or beans and rice. I know, sherbros can't imagine maintaining their 265 pound bench on beans and rice but I bet you could do it if you put your mind to it.

You thinking you are one of them by going along with them is a mistake. You will be eaten and shat out just like the rest of them. At least we were willing to fight and didn't go out like cowards.

Get right with God
Huh? I was just bringing a little nietzche to the convo

These fucks cause the problem then shove the ‘solution’ down our throats. The destruction of our food supply isn’t a natural occurance.

What curious is the apologists damage control with "they eat bugs in this country. . . <implied so should you>, crabs and lobsters are bugs <implied so eat the crickets>. Whilst ignoring the powers-that-be using propaganda to set-up upcoming infrastructure change in the food supply to undermine the current choices and offer their bug alternatives. It's like the under-handedness of it all doesn't cross their minds and expect everyone else not to notice it either. Like it's just a question of palette lol.

If they like bugs so much they can eat them right now.

They will probably make it impossible to buy foods without bugs in em in 5 years. Better make them regret that
This is not in doubt in my mind. Something underhanded like increase meat prices with the excuse of climate change or some bullshit (they already use that excuse with the nitrogen laws in Netherlands to seize farm-land and cut live-stock numbers).

Last edited:
What curious is the apologists damage control with "they eat bugs in this country. . . <implied so should you>, crabs and lobsters are bugs <implied so eat the crickets>. Whilst ignoring the powers-that-be using propaganda to set-up upcoming infrastructure change in the food supply to undermine the current choices and offer their bug alternatives. It's like the under-handedness of it all doesn't cross their minds and expect everyone else not to notice it either. Like it's just a question of palette lol.

The argument to farm insects makes sense. Their energy input vs output is much more efficient compared to larger animals like cattle; less water use, less fossil fuel use, less waste produced.

But like you say, the problem is that it all seems very much like a top-down edict and not at all organic in nature. And of course, it goes along with the "pods" and owning nothing. Its all hard to swallow, especially considering the source.

It’s certainly a great way to turn people into vegans. Here, have this delightful cockroach soup or you can eat this curry lentil rice dish.

I can't wait for this admin to be voted out. All these BS changes while we've gone through a pandemic and inflation. Sure just pile more shit on the people.

I don't know if you read the thread but there isn't an official Democrat policy on bug eating.

Have any of you guys been down to your local Walmart to see how big the bug section is? Feels like if there was a push on it they'd have one.

I don't know if you read the thread but there isn't an official Democrat policy on bug eating.

I love posts like this!

"Hey dude. I like, uhh, just checked the mission statement from the official Whitehouse website and I don't see where it says 'And 10% to the big guy', so unless you have real proof, it's just like your opinion, man."

"Show me the signed affidavits from the heads of the World Communist Council saying they want you to own nothing and be happy. I need it in print! Prove it to me! Show me! Until you have Karl Marx' descendants on the stand I will shove my head back up my ass and chalk it up as another alt right Trump love nazi supporting conspiracy theory".

I love posts like this!

"Hey dude. I like, uhh, just checked the mission statement from the official Whitehouse website and I don't see where it says 'And 10% to the big guy', so unless you have real proof, it's just like your opinion, man."

"Show me the signed affidavits from the heads of the World Communist Council saying they want you to own nothing and be happy. I need it in print! Prove it to me! Show me! Until you have Karl Marx' descendants on the stand I will shove my head back up my ass and chalk it up as another alt right Trump love nazi supporting conspiracy theory".

You're not going to have to eat bugs dude.

This is not in doubt in my mind. Something underhanded like increase meat prices with the excuse of climate change or some bullshit (they already use that excuse with the nitrogen laws in Netherlands to seize farm-land and cut live-stock numbers).

These fking cocksnckers, pardon I mean saintly billionaire overlords, that some useful idiots want to give a pass to, give less than a shit about the environment. They want the price of filet mignon to rise to 300 bucks so they can sit all alone a vip exclusive in restaurants on holidays and birthdays. So they can enjoy all the meats that us scummy poor plebs can't bother to afford anymore.

Thanks for taking the time to express what is subtly going on here in this thread

Last edited:
Back