They should put Rose/Carla 2 in UFC 268 so Whittman can get that hattrick

Carla needs to fight either JJ or Weili before she gets a title shot
200w.gif

carla’s on a streak, the other two are coming off losses. They can fight each other

This is the only fight that makes sense but I bet they don't make it

200w.gif

carla’s on a streak, the other two are coming off losses. They can fight each other

Both are ranked higher than Carla, she should have to fight one of them (Joanna is my pick)

Carla's streak is BS, considering she got gifted the decision in at least 2 of those "wins."

That being said, it makes sense to give her the title shot. Joanna has already lost to Rose twice, and Weili defended the belt once (in a fight many saw JJ win) and then got slept in 78 seconds.

Based on what I've seen, Rose is training for Esparza.

Rose was 22 and on her fourth pro fight when they first faced each other. I don't see the rematch being competitive at all. Rose has improved ridiculously more than Carla since then. This Rose will finish Esparza within 2 rounds.

But they can sell the narrative of Rose avenging her loss and beating all the other SW champions, do Joanna vs Weili 2 and then have the winners face each other. 3 fights are better than 1.

They would do Weili a huge disservice if they gave her an immediate rematch. She needs to fight and beat someone else to regain some confidence. She also needs to work on her striking defense. She got hit a lot against Joanna. Luckily for her, JJ doesn't have KO power. Rose is a terrible match-up for her though. Long, elusive and hard-hitting. Not to mention that she completely has the mental edge on Weili.

Weili always wanted to fight Rose, because she considers her the most dangerous opponent in the division. Beat the best to be the best. But once she had her in front of her, Weili looked overwhelmed and showing way too much respect. It's probably worse after what Rose did to her. Weili acted like a toddler after losing, cut her hair, made all sorts of excuses and now is calling Rose a God.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/zhan...ernal-battles-shes-the-champ-just-like-a-god/

Give Carla the title shot and Weili time to improve tactically and mentally.

Last edited:
Carla's streak is BS, considering she got gifted the decision in at least 2 of those "wins."

That being said, it makes sense to give her the title shot. Joanna has already lost to Rose twice, and Weili defended the belt once (in a fight many saw JJ win) and then got slept in 78 seconds.

Based on what I've seen, Rose is training for Esparza.

Rose was 22 and on her fourth pro fight when they first faced each other. I don't see the rematch being competitive at all. Rose has improved ridiculously more than Carla since then. This Rose will finish Esparza within 2 rounds.

But they can sell the narrative of Rose avenging her loss and beating all the other SW champions, do Joanna vs Weili 2 and then have the winners face each each other. 3 fights are better than 1.

They would do Weili a huge disservice if they gave her an immediate rematch. She needs to fight and beat someone else to regain some confidence. She also needs to work on her striking defense. She got hit a lot against Joanna. Luckily for her, JJ doesn't have KO power. Rose is terrible match-up for her though. Long, elusive and hard-hitting. Not to mention that she completely has the mental edge on Weili.

Weili always wanted to fight Rose, because she considers her the most dangerous opponent in the division. Beat the best to be the best. But once she had her in front of her, Weili looked overwhelmed and showing way too much respect. It's probably worse after what Roae did to her. Weili acted like a toddler after losing, cut her hair, made all sorts of excuses and now is calling Rose a God.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/zhan...ernal-battles-shes-the-champ-just-like-a-god/

Give the title shot to Carla and Weili time to improve tactically and mentally.
Where do you see rose training for esparza?

Save that fight until December (ideally), the November card is gonna be stacked enough as it is.

Ideally for December:
  • Adesanya vs Whittaker 2
  • Namajunas vs Esparza 2
  • Some other title fight (Moreno? Shevchenko vs some can?)

Joanna's not the no 1 contender.
Joanna's only chance to get a third crack at Rose would be to defeat Weili. And even if she did, the winner of Rodriguez vs Dern could be next in line (after Carla).

Save that fight until December (ideally), the November card is gonna be stacked enough as it is.

Ideally for December:
  • Adesanya vs Whittaker 2
  • Namajunas vs Esparza 2
  • Some other title fight (Moreno? Shevchenko vs some can?)
It's a real shame Tatiana got injured again. I would have liked to her her against Valentina eventually. Shevchenko really has no remotely interesting opponents in sight.

Oh shit meant Gaethje. And yes i wonder what's the hold up. Rose took zero damage and a #1 is already established.

Rose hasn't been the most active fighter for a while now.

fuck that Carla should have to prove she can beat JJ in a rematch before she gets a title shot. Weili can rematch Rose to make sure it wasn’t a fluke
Fuck that. Joanna isn’t the measuring stick in the division anymore. And it’s not a fluke if you’re able to capitalize on a known weakness that your opponent has shown time and time again. Granted being able to do that, that early in the fight is pretty crazy. Carla has a win over Rose and is on a winning streak, the story is there. Rose already beat Joanna twice. Besides Joanna’s fight with Weili was extremely close, THEY should rematch.

Last edited:
Joanna said recently she’d fight Carla again, and she is ranked higher than Carla so it makes sense.
Nah. Good for Joanna that she's ranked higher but her last win is almost 2 years ago.

Carla did enough to earn her shot. I'm sure Joanna would like to fight her, since it's a good way back to the title for her. But it does nothing for Carla or the division.

Besides, if you let them rematch that would mean Rose would have to wait even longer before defending.

Both are ranked higher than Carla, she should have to fight one of them (Joanna is my pick)
Joanna has been out well over a year, shouldn’t be ranked. Too inactive.malso, too many shots at/near the title for someone with more rlosses than wins recently. Zhang needs a tune up fight after a hard loss. Top five fighter is not a tune up.

Nah. Good for Joanna that she's ranked higher but her last win is almost 2 years ago.

Carla did enough to earn her shot. I'm sure Joanna would like to fight her, since it's a good way back to the title for her. But it does nothing for Carla or the division.

Besides, if you let them rematch that would mean Rose would have to wait even longer before defending.

Rose can just rematch Weili to prove it wasn’t a fluke loss. Weili is the number 1 contender.

Carla needs to fight either JJ or Weili before she gets a title shot

5 fight win streak including a stoppage over Xan more than justifies it.

I'm assuming you're a Rose fan who doesn't like the matchup. Relax, rose should still easily win. It's another 5 rounder with Andrade that I want to see for her

Back