Television They should make 80s and 90s slasher sequels as TV shows

Misanthropist

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
New TV shows are full of trash so I came up with an idea.

They should make horror slasher films from the 80s and 90s as TV series the same way they're doing with superhero movies. We never saw the full backstory of the killers and the movies always felt rushed so the directors can start from scratch and will have plenty of ideas to keep each one of them running for 2-4 seasons. They will be hyped for nostalgic reasons so Netflix and the likes can see the $$$ potential in this.

I want to see Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, Leatherface and the Hills of Eyes series etc where we can actually see their normal innocent life in season 1 before they turn evil in season 2. Most people tend to forget what led them to become one because they weren't properly introduced.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Knowing how studios butcher classics these days, Freddy Krueger would probably be played by a transgender obese actor of color, and renamed to Frieda Krueger, and the reason for xer murderous rampage was because of systemic oppression

Knowing how studios butcher classics these days, Freddy Krueger would probably be played by a transgender obese actor of color, and renamed to Frieda Krueger, and the reason for xer murderous rampage was because of systemic oppression
This

Some things shouldn’t be messed with. 80’s horror movies are classics that should be left alone.

Right @HughPhug ?

Some things shouldn’t be messed with. 80’s horror movies are classics that should be left alone.

Right @HughPhug ?
Absolutely, it's a different era, things have moved on, one of the few TV shows that managed to get the slasher format entertaininly correct in recent years was Harper's Island.

Unless you have a Summer Of 84 type of vibe where you have a director that can take us back and encapture the feelings and surroundings of the 80's, then I'm not interested

plus the slashers of the time (and there are literally thousands of good ones) are still worth watching even now, especially in today's cancelling :eek::eek::eek:gatory culture that we're silently agreeing to (if you're into slasher movies obviously)

Didnt they try this already sort of. I forget the name but it was a few years ago on the networks n was on the order of scream. It failed miserably.

Wouldn't be a bad idea actually, I'd give a couple of them a shot at least.

Would love to see the back story for blood fart lake

81ZqsOCE5SL._RI_.jpg

I think there was a series called fright night.

They should make horror slasher films from the 80s and 90s as TV series the same way they're doing with superhero movies. We never saw the full backstory of the killers and the movies always felt rushed so the directors can start from scratch and will have plenty of ideas to keep each one of them running for 2-4 seasons. They will be hyped for nostalgic reasons so Netflix and the likes can see the $$$ potential in this.

I want to see Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees and the Hills of Eyes series etc where we can actually see their normal innocent life in season 1 before they turn evil in season 2. Most people tend to forget what led them to become one because they weren't properly introduced.

Thoughts?
What did you think of the TV show, "Slasher"?

as others have mentioned, not sure it could work

I would like to see a modern XFiles (monsters of the week type eps only) or Tales From the Crypt type horror series

I want to see Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees and the Hills of Eyes series etc where we can actually see their normal innocent life in season 1 before they turn evil in season 2. Most people tend to forget what led them to become one because they weren't properly introduced.

Thoughts?

explaining the monster is the worst thing you can do

Back