They Remade The Black Album

Pretty sure that was sarcasm. Old school thrash fans probably aren't particularly psyched about Weezer and Miley Cyrus covers.
Haha I didn’t even look at the list other than Gahan’s name popped out.

LOL - I know Weezer, Volbeat, and Miley Cyrus. Also I think Corey Taylor is slipknot....I heard him cover an Alice in Chains songs with a few other people. So I guess I know 4 people on that list.

What about the Neptunes? N.E.R.D

Problem the most underrated beat makers in hip hop.

thumb_bargains-imprisoning-me-all-that-i-see-absolute-savings-what-66861586.png

Oh shit, they got Dermot Kennedy and Darius Rucker doing Nothing Else Matters too. Dermot is my wife's favorite musician. Took her to his show just before Covid hit and the dude is super talented. I really dig his work as well but that concert was a nightmarish horde of basic drunk white girls and now I have a hard time disassociating him from that crowd.

Darius' version sounded best though, not as talented as Dermot but he fit the song well and I like the twang his version had.

Reactions: JSN
Oh shit, they got Dermot Kennedy and Darius Rucker doing Nothing Else Matters too. Dermot is my wife's favorite musician. Took her to his show just before Covid hit and the dude is super talented. I really dig his work as well but that concert was a nightmarish horde of basic drunk white girls and now I have a hard time disassociating him from that crowd.

Darius' version sounded best though, not as talented as Dermot but he fit the song well and I like the twang his version had.
Without Hootie, it’s just The Album. He brings the Black.

This shit is so epic. Its got everyone updating the all the songs off Metallic Black Album with 53 songs and 3 or 4 versions of each song.

Here is the list.

The Metallica Blacklist Track List
  • Enter Sandman – Alessia Cara & The Warning
  • Enter Sandman – Mac DeMarco
  • Enter Sandman – Ghost
  • Enter Sandman – Juanes
  • Enter Sandman – Rina Sawayama
  • Enter Sandman – Weezer
  • Sad But True (Live) – Sam Fender
  • Sad But True – Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
  • Sad But True – Mexican Institute of Sound feat. La Perla & Gera MX
  • Sad But True – Royal Blood
  • Sad But True – St. Vincent
  • Sad But True – White Reaper
  • Sad But True – YB
  • Holier Than Thou – Biffy Clyro
  • Holier Than Thou – The Chats
  • Holier Than Thou – OFF!
  • Holier Than Thou – PUP
  • Holier Than Thou – Corey Taylor
  • The Unforgiven – Cage The Elephant
  • The Unforgiven – Vishal Dadlani, DIVINE, Shor Police
  • The Unforgiven – Diet Cig
  • The Unforgiven – Flatbush Zombies feat. DJ Scratch
  • The Unforgiven – HaAsh
  • The Unforgiven - José Madero
  • The Unforgiven – Moses Sumney
  • Wherever I May Roam – J Balvin
  • Wherever I May Roam – Chase & Status feat. BackRoad Gee
  • Wherever I May Roam – The Neptunes
  • Wherever I May Roam – Jon Pardi
  • Don’t Tread on Else Matters - SebastiAn
  • Don’t Tread on Me – Portugal. The Man
  • Don’t Tread on Me – Volbeat
  • Through the Never – The HU
  • Through the Never - Tomi Owó
  • Nothing Else Matters – Phoebe Bridgers
  • Nothing Else Matters – Miley Cyrus feat WATT, Elton John, Yo-Yo Ma, Robert Trujillo, Chad Smith
  • Nothing Else Matters - Dave Gahan
  • Nothing Else Matters – Mickey Guyton
  • Nothing Else Matters – Dermot Kennedy
  • Nothing Else Matters – Mon Laferte
  • Nothing Else Matters – Igor Levit
  • Nothing Else Matters – My Morning Jacket
  • Nothing Else Matters – PG Roxette
  • Nothing Else Matters – Darius Rucker
  • Nothing Else Matters – Chris Stapleton
  • Nothing Else Matters – TRESOR
  • Of Wolf and Man – Goodnight, Texas
  • The God That Failed – IDLES
  • The God That Failed – Imelda May
  • My Friend of Misery – Cherry Glazerr
  • My Friend of Misery – Izïa
  • My Friend of Misery – Kamasi Washington
  • The Struggle Within – Rodrigo y Gabriela

This bumps

and this slaps.

It’s all trash

This shit is so epic. Its got everyone updating the all the songs off Metallic Black Album with 53 songs and 3 or 4 versions of each song.

Here is the list.

The Metallica Blacklist Track List
  • Enter Sandman – Alessia Cara & The Warning
  • Enter Sandman – Mac DeMarco
  • Enter Sandman – Ghost
  • Enter Sandman – Juanes
  • Enter Sandman – Rina Sawayama
  • Enter Sandman – Weezer
  • Sad But True (Live) – Sam Fender
  • Sad But True – Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
  • Sad But True – Mexican Institute of Sound feat. La Perla & Gera MX
  • Sad But True – Royal Blood
  • Sad But True – St. Vincent
  • Sad But True – White Reaper
  • Sad But True – YB
  • Holier Than Thou – Biffy Clyro
  • Holier Than Thou – The Chats
  • Holier Than Thou – OFF!
  • Holier Than Thou – PUP
  • Holier Than Thou – Corey Taylor
  • The Unforgiven – Cage The Elephant
  • The Unforgiven – Vishal Dadlani, DIVINE, Shor Police
  • The Unforgiven – Diet Cig
  • The Unforgiven – Flatbush Zombies feat. DJ Scratch
  • The Unforgiven – HaAsh
  • The Unforgiven - José Madero
  • The Unforgiven – Moses Sumney
  • Wherever I May Roam – J Balvin
  • Wherever I May Roam – Chase & Status feat. BackRoad Gee
  • Wherever I May Roam – The Neptunes
  • Wherever I May Roam – Jon Pardi
  • Don’t Tread on Else Matters - SebastiAn
  • Don’t Tread on Me – Portugal. The Man
  • Don’t Tread on Me – Volbeat
  • Through the Never – The HU
  • Through the Never - Tomi Owó
  • Nothing Else Matters – Phoebe Bridgers
  • Nothing Else Matters – Miley Cyrus feat WATT, Elton John, Yo-Yo Ma, Robert Trujillo, Chad Smith
  • Nothing Else Matters - Dave Gahan
  • Nothing Else Matters – Mickey Guyton
  • Nothing Else Matters – Dermot Kennedy
  • Nothing Else Matters – Mon Laferte
  • Nothing Else Matters – Igor Levit
  • Nothing Else Matters – My Morning Jacket
  • Nothing Else Matters – PG Roxette
  • Nothing Else Matters – Darius Rucker
  • Nothing Else Matters – Chris Stapleton
  • Nothing Else Matters – TRESOR
  • Of Wolf and Man – Goodnight, Texas
  • The God That Failed – IDLES
  • The God That Failed – Imelda May
  • My Friend of Misery – Cherry Glazerr
  • My Friend of Misery – Izïa
  • My Friend of Misery – Kamasi Washington
  • The Struggle Within – Rodrigo y Gabriela

This bumps

and this slaps.

the black album.... when metallica officially sold out and became a normy band...

the black album.... when metallica officially sold out and became a normy band...

I remember it being Load where they turned that corner (oh my god, they got haircuts!!!) The Black Album was were they became Guns N Roses. Too successful for their own good. I never got the complaining at the time. Great music is great music and those songs were classics from the get go. It’s not like they “sold out” to become Nelson or Mr Big.

Black album was a bag of wank, so i've no desire to hear the original or any covers, however....

I guess there's no better compliment to a musician than to see other artists from all sorts of genres and styles cover your songs. And I'm not ashamed to say it, Miley Cyrus is a killer rock vocalist.

Well Darius Rucker is the lead singer of Hootie & The Blowfish…surely you’ve heard of them.
I went through the list again and it looks like I either miscounted or glanced over a couple names. I recognize eight of the artists, not five.
Ghost
Weezer
Cage The Elephant
The HU
Miley Cyrus, Elton John
Darius Rucker (yes, I knew who this was before you mentioned him)
Rodrigo y Gabriela

I doubt it. Real old school metal fans hate the black album. Such a turd compared to every other Metallica album that came before it. The Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters, and Wherever I May Roam are the only ones I could listen to nowadays, and I’m being generous to WIMR.

Ride The Lightning is my shit

Reactions: JSN
I doubt it. Real old school metal fans hate the black album. Such a turd compared to every other Metallica album that came before it. The Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters, and Wherever I May Roam are the only ones I could listen to nowadays, and I’m being generous to WIMR.
I was being sarcastic.

Unpopular opinion... I like Load and Re Load quite a bit. But Master of puppets and And Justices for All are leagues above everything else they did.

I was being sarcastic.

Unpopular opinion... I like Load and Re Load quite a bit. But Master of puppets and And Justices for All are leagues above everything else they did.

If some random rock band recorded "Load" it would've been considered a great album. "Bleeding me", "Outlaw torn", "Until it sleeps"...fantastic songs. Not my favorite album, but at least they tried something different. Iron Maiden, as much as I like them, are putting out exactly the same albums for more than 2 decades. "Reload" is probably my least favorite by Metallica, it does feel like a leftover from "Load". "Master of puppets" is their best work, IMO and can't be replicated, so why even try? When it comes to "black album", I can't think of a record that sounds better, even 30 years later. A masterpiece of production and solid songs overall.

If some random rock band recorded "Load" it would've been considered a great album. "Bleeding me", "Outlaw torn", "Until it sleeps"...fantastic songs. Not my favorite album, but at least they tried something different. Iron Maiden, as much as I like them, are putting out exactly the same albums for more than 2 decades. "Reload" is probably my least favorite by Metallica, it does feel like a leftover from "Load". "Master of puppets" is their best work, IMO and can't be replicated, so why even try? When it comes to "black album", I can't think of a record that sounds better, even 30 years later. A masterpiece of production and solid songs overall.
I thought St Anger was the worst thing they ever did. The sound quality alone is terrible. IDK what they were trying to do.
Somehow someone remastered-re recorded it and put it on youtube and it was better.

I didn't cared enough to listen the last 2 studio albums but my metalhead friends told me they are actually decent.

As for Iron Maiden... yeah.. they have been doing pretty much the same thing for all their career. I think I stopped listening their new stuff with Dance of Death around 2003.

Stand outs for me are:

Enter Sandman – Ghost
Enter Sandman – Weezer
Sad But True (Live) – Sam Fender
Sad But True – St. Vincent
Nothing Else Matters – Miley Cyrus feat WATT, Elton John, Yo-Yo Ma, Robert Trujillo, Chad Smith
Nothing Else Matters - Dave Gahan

For anyone that only passively knows about Miley Cyrus, I highly recommend watching her cover. Her voice is perfect for rock and she really has a great style and range. A modern Stevie Nicks if I dare...

Last edited:
Back