They NEED to use more range in round scoring

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MDEmike, Feb 27, 2016.

1. MDEmike

MDEmike Blue Belt

This is just an example of how judging fights in MMA needs to change. There needs to be a straw that breaks the camel's back here... To me, round 2 should have been 10-8 Bisping. Round 3 should have been 10-7 Anderson. Rd 5 should have been 10-8 Anderson. They need to utilize more of the 1-10 scale so the margin of victory in a round can actually affect the outcome of the fight. No way can you think Rounds 1 and 4 should have been worth as much as the other rounds. Or, just judge the fight as a whole. And if that means that the last round is the most important, oh well. That makes sense. Usually who wins a fight is indicative who won the end, not the beginning.

But really, I am content with the decision. I don't think Anderson was robbed by any stretch. I do think however, under a more precise style of scoring, things could have gone differently. This would have changed a lot of "robberies" over the years. And even though this wasn't a robbery, it's yet another warning flag for what could potentially happen. I mean, at what point do they even give a 10-8? Sometimes it seems like they forget they exist... Endrant.

2. MDEmike

MDEmike Blue Belt

One try at a bump

3. MonkeyPickAss

MonkeyPickAss Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

How the hell should 3 have been a 10-7 round? If that knee never happens bisping easily wins that round.

4. MDEmike

MDEmike Blue Belt

Maybe 10-8? It was more than just a knee and it almost finished him. I think that's pretty significant. I think the rest of the round was close.

5. RiotWyatt

RiotWyatt Brown Belt

Bisping was winning round 3 until that knee at the bell.

MDEmike and MonkeyPickAss like this.
  6. MDEmike

MDEmike Blue Belt

Perhaps I jumped the gun with rd 3. Was in the moment and didn't have the clearest breakdown.