Rumored They keep urine and blood samples and could test them again?

I hear that's what Machida is planning on going into drug testing after retiring from MMA. He enjoys the perks
4049892769_b8e30a91af_o.jpg
Machida-and-Father-drink-urine-2.jpg

Could be interesting as technology and testing advances in the future, like old murder cases that get solved by new DNA technology 40+ years later.

Agree bud. Retro active punishment for something like this cannot be a thing. Especially for betting etc

Betting sites actually put in the T&C to cover themselves about how they settle so that events turning to a NC don't effect bets.

This is what happened in baseball and cycling. Remember the Lance Armstrong thing?

It needs to stop. What’s the point?

Let me tell you exactly how this would play out. They’ll pull everyone’s samples. A bunch would pop. Maybe more than a hundred. There would be one name or two that would stand out, and it would immediately become about them, and stripping them etc..Yet no one would hold the drug testing commissions responsible for having a loose or easily fooled system.

Rules are set up and it’s the fighters job to operate within the rules to perform their best. I have no interest in ruining the inspirational moments, wonderful memories, or legendary fights I’ve already experienced. It doesn’t benefit ANYONE. If it was such a game changer you should have caught it when it happened in the first place. NOT 20 YEARS LATER.

Last bit is illogical.

Whether a PED is a 'game changer' or not has nothing to do with whether the tech exists to reliably detect it.

It’s the blood passport, or whatever USADA calls it. Allows them to compare results over time.

This was how Jessica Penne got suspended.

Guarentee some of the pussies in this thread begging no please don't ruin my fav fighter's so called legacy, have shat on fighters testing positive before.

It’s Russian roulette. Maybe you catch the dirt bag you’re gunning for and everyone wants to see burn. Or maybe, you ruin a story that inspired millions. Maybe you pop someone who was fighting with a disability, or overcoming excessive obstacles. Maybe you pop a cancer survivor. Maybe you pop someone who grew up in poverty and this was the only thing that saved them from being another statistic. Maybe it kills hope for millions of people.

Once they open these results and they release them to the public they will change the sport forever, and once it’s done, it can’t be taken back regardless of what you find.

That’s something that needs to be SERIOUSLY considered before any of this.

If i remember correctly, you follow the Tour, am i right ?
If thats the case, i will tell you this.
I will always remember that documentary about doping and lance.
One guy, a pro who did some Tours during Lance time, said in that doc something along those lines: " that guy is a fuckin cheat, he was taking all sorts of things whereas the rest of us only did like 2 or 3 amphetamines during the whole 3 weeks".
Lmao that sport is so fucked up, the guy did not see the irony of his own statement - it was still interesting to have a testimony about low cost doping methods vs lance s program though.
So anyway, its true that, when it comes to doping, times and places are huge factors to determine who is a cheater and who is clean.
Fact of the matters is, when it comes to pro athletes, 99.99% are using some PEDs, low cost or not.

Test them all as much as they want. Cheaters need to be exposed.

My cousins friend at the local piss club have been talking about this for years. Everyone at the piss trough can verify this apparently.

Yeah rewriting history serves little purpose. They test them at the point they took the test and that should be the end of it. Going back in time also makes he harder to defend because any evidence might not be accessible anymore like tainted supplements.
well the idea of retroactive testing (and this happens across all olympic sport etc), is that the threat of destroying your legacy years down the line will act as a deterrent to athletes

Unfortunately, we have seen time and time again, that athletes really dont think that far ahead. They care about the now, the podium, the medal presentation, having their hand raised as victor, and of course the money, they don't concern themselves with what may happen in 10 years.

well the idea of retroactive testing (and this happens across all olympic sport etc), is that the threat of destroying your legacy years down the line will act as a deterrent to athletes

Unfortunately, we have seen time and time again, that athletes really dont think that far ahead. They care about the now, the podium, the medal presentation, having their hand raised as victor, and of course the money, they don't concern themselves with what may happen in 10 years.

Of course they have essentially already go their financial reward at that point.

I just think the further back in time you go the harder it is to prove your innocence. The statute of limitations on some crimes reflects this. I also might have different feelings about this depending how explicitly the substance was banned at the time as a lot of athletes are pushing the boundaries as hard as they can when it comes to supplements.

I also don't think the UFC really care about illegal drug use. I mean they gave dillashaw his own show glorifying his battle to return from the drug ban.

This is what happened in baseball and cycling. Remember the Lance Armstrong thing?

It needs to stop. What’s the point?

Let me tell you exactly how this would play out. They’ll pull everyone’s samples. A bunch would pop. Maybe more than a hundred. There would be one name or two that would stand out, and it would immediately become about them, and stripping them etc..Yet no one would hold the drug testing commissions responsible for having a loose or easily fooled system.

Rules are set up and it’s the fighters job to operate within the rules to perform their best. I have no interest in ruining the inspirational moments, wonderful memories, or legendary fights I’ve already experienced. It doesn’t benefit ANYONE. If it was such a game changer you should have caught it when it happened in the first place. NOT 20 YEARS LATER.
Was a major witch hunt vs. Lance, imo. The French were willing to do everything in their power to erase lance. Even though, the majority of their Champions were on PED's and blood doping as well.

Didn't they retroactively test TJ after he popped against Cejudo ?

I thought they went back to test his garbrandt fights and he was clean then.

=
Of course they have essentially already go their financial reward at that point.

I just think the further back in time you go the harder it is to prove your innocence. The statute of limitations on some crimes reflects this. I also might have different feelings about this depending how explicitly the substance was banned at the time as a lot of athletes are pushing the boundaries as hard as they can when it comes to supplements.

I also don't think the UFC really care about illegal drug use. I mean they gave dillashaw his own show glorifying his battle to return from the drug ban.
there is statute of limitations to in anti doping. Was 8 years, being extended to 10 years

This is why you see the olympic retesting right at the end of those time limit to get the best benefit of all the advances in testing and technology. No point retesting 2012's samples in 2014 because you only have 2 years extra knowledge/technique, and once the b-sample is open thats it, done

so they leave the re-testing right to end of the window.

That stuff doesn't break down over time?

=

there is statute of limitations to in anti doping. Was 8 years, being extended to 10 years

This is why you see the olympic retesting right at the end of those time limit to get the best benefit of all the advances in testing and technology. No point retesting 2012's samples in 2014 because you only have 2 years extra knowledge/technique, and once the b-sample is open thats it, done

so they leave the re-testing right to end of the window.

That makes sense as it would also be the cheapest way to catch the maximum number of cheats.

It’s Russian roulette. Maybe you catch the dirt bag you’re gunning for and everyone wants to see burn. Or maybe, you ruin a story that inspired millions. Maybe you pop someone who was fighting with a disability, or overcoming excessive obstacles. Maybe you pop a cancer survivor. Maybe you pop someone who grew up in poverty and this was the only thing that saved them from being another statistic. Maybe it kills hope for millions of people.

Once they open these results and they release them to the public they will change the sport forever, and once it’s done, it can’t be taken back regardless of what you find.

That’s something that needs to be SERIOUSLY considered before any of this.

Should just get rid of ped testing altogether, at least then it’s an honourable compete at your own risk type of deal

They could do things. But do you think the UFC will ever taint their money machine? It does them no good to dig up skeletons.

Back