They Call Him "Jeopardy" James...Is Anyone Else Watching This Maniac?

I always wondered how the buzzer works and how much influence on the game it has. I feel like well over half the time either 2 or all 3 people know the answer but sometimes you see one person just clicking clicking clicking and it looks like they’re beating off behind their podium, but some other dude chimes in with the answer.

Most of the time it is indeed a matter of who buzzes in first, but you're not allowed to buzz in early. They activate the buzzers right when Alex finishes the clue, a light also flashes on the game board when the buzzers are activated. If you try to buzz in early you get locked out temporarily. As it happens people try to buzz in early all the time. If all three contestants do so, then they all get locked out and thus the button mashing to be first when the lockout ends.

Jeez...

You can see the fear in his opponents' eyes.

<30>

Just another record breaking day for James...

anyone have a count on how many true Daily Doubles he’s done so far on his run?

anyone have a count on how many true Daily Doubles he’s done so far on his run?

True daily doubles.
Game 1. 1/1
Game 2. (One nearly all in $11914 of $12400)
Game 3. 1/1
Game 4. 2/2 plus a $25,000 bet
Game 5. 1/2
Game 6 1/1
Game 7 $9812 of $10400
Game 8 1/2
Game 9 1/1
Game 10. Did not go all in and oddly enough set a new one day record.

Game 11. 1/1
Game 12. 1/2
Game 13. 1/1. (Hit all three, got all three right)
Game 14 1/1. (Hit all three, got all three right)
Game 15 1/1 (hit all three, got all three right)
Game 17 0/0. Did not hit any DD

Last edited:
True daily doubles.
Game 1. 1/1
Game 2. (One nearly all in $11914 of $12400)
Game 3. 1/1
Game 4. 2/2 plus a $25,000 bet
Game 5. 1/2
Game 6 1/1
Game 7 $9812 of $10400
Game 8 1/2
Game 9 1/1
Game 10. Did not go all in and oddly enough set a new one day record.
giphy.gif

I love how the guy attacks the board. He tries to search for the daily doubles almost right away. destroys the chance for the other contestants to comeback. And he attacks from the bottom first. His strategy is brilliant.

I love how the guy attacks the board. He tries to search for the daily doubles almost right away. destroys the chance for the other contestants to comeback. And he attacks from the bottom first. His strategy is brilliant.

I think he actually tries to take all of the highest money clues first and works his way down the board so that when he finds the daily doubles he already has a huge lead, I think statistically the daily doubles are more often the 600/1200 and 800/1600 dollar clues, and they are less frequently the 1000/2000 or 400/800 dollar clues

His strategy is one that you have to be confident in if you're the guy utilizing it. He starts at the bottom of the board, and is so confident that he'll nail all the tougher questions and be way ahead, that he makes the remaining top board questions irrelevant. All the great Jeopardy champs do something similar, but this guy is on another level and rarely fucks it up. He plays the percentages to a tee.

After a slow start James ended with another runaway and after getting final jeopardy correct he ended with just a hair over $80,000 in his 12th consecutive win

I wonder if the other two contestants just give up after a while. Like if you're halfway through Double Jeopardy and he has a $30k lead, you probably just start daydreaming about some random shit.

41O-Bh7HELL._SY445_.jpg

One of the greatest films of the 90's.

Back