They are making the same mistake with Oliveira that they did with Poirier

Dustin definitely has shitty hip mobility, and its true that you can see it by the way he kicks. After his hip surgery, he wasn't even trying to sprawl against Dan hooker of all people. I don't know how much of a factor it will be, but I truly doubt his wrestling will be the same as it used to be, and even if it is as good as it used to be, I'm not sure if that will be enough

no. I mean this shit is ridiculous.

"he has the shit hip mobility I can tell from watching him kick" lol wut

Dustin never had great wrestling to begin with. It's decent but basic, but not that bad. I do think Oliveira has better wrestling and grapplinng but this whole "oh look at the way he kicks, bad hip mobility" is full of shit

Dustin sprawls precisely one way, it's basic but it works, no one ever said Dustin's a high level grappler or a wrestler.

Oliveira is obviously much better grappler and better wrestler, but the question is will Oliveira take it there without getting touched up and if Oliveira gets it down there can he submit Poirier in time?

I think Oliveira is WAY better than lots of people are giving him credit for. I think if he can weather the storm and avoid getting clipped and finished, he can finish Poirier.

I don't think Poirier will win by decision either because if he wins I think he will break Oliveira.

This is one of those 50/50 ish fights where I think it will be one sided for the winner.

But then again, Oliveira could get clipped and then come back like he did in chandler fight too. I really think it will come down to Oliveira's striking defense and durability. My opinion. Because offensively I think Oliveira is great too on feet AND on the ground

Most of the take downs on Dustin were in two fights (Khabib and Hooker). His TD defense percentage would not be bad with these 11 TD's removed.

If this fight goes the distance I would definitely vote for Dustin. He proved his cardio versus Max. A lot of strikes were thrown for five rounds in that fight.

No matter who wins, I think this will be a fun fight to watch.

no. I mean this shit is ridiculous.

"he has the shit hip mobility I can tell from watching him kick" lol wut

Dustin never had great wrestling to begin with. It's decent but basic, but not that bad. I do think Oliveira has better wrestling and grapplinng but this whole "oh look at the way he kicks, bad hip mobility" is full of shit

The dude can barley throw body kicks, let alone head kicks. He has shitty mobility and it's visible by how stiff he is while kicking. This isn't rocket science

The dude can barley throw body kicks, let alone head kicks. He has shitty mobility and it's visible by how stiff he is while kicking.

lmfao, he hurt Eddie with body kick, at least enough to set up his left which led to finishing sequence, not sure if serious, and Poirier ALWAYS looked awkward as fuck kicking and uses low kick mostly anyways.

How many top lightweight fighters are good at body and head kicks? lol

lmfao, he hurt Eddie with body kick, at least enough to set up his left which led to finishing sequence, not sure if serious, and Poirier ALWAYS looked awkward as fuck kicking and uses low kick mostly anyways.

How many top lightweight fighters are good at body and head kicks? lol

I know he's always looked awkward and stiff kicking and its because he has always had shitty hip mobility and he'll tell you that himself.

That's not as concerning as the hip surgery, though. That was a major surgery and I question his wrestling abilities after that, but we'll see.

I know he's always looked awkward and stiff kicking and its because he has always had shitty hip mobility and he'll tell you that himself.

That's not as concerning as the hip surgery, though. That was a major surgery and I question his wrestling abilities after that, but we'll see.

I mean you talk as if he was a great wrestler or kicker to begin with.

You guys were saying "look at the way he kicks, poor hips!" which isn't the same thing as major hip surgery.

I'm not a God not sure how that would work in, but I'm fairly sure here has been no decline in Poirier's performances. He got better.

I mean you talk as if he was a great wrestler or kicker to begin with.

You guys were saying "look at the way he kicks, poor hips!" which isn't the same thing as major hip surgery.

I'm not a God not sure how that would work in, but I'm fairly sure here has been no decline in Poirier's performances. He got better.

We pointed out both how he kicks and his hip surgery because they're both indicative of his lousy hip mobility.

Better since when? Obviously he's improved since his early fights, but I don't think he's any better now than he was when he fought gaethje for example.

We pointed out both....

Better since when? Obviously he's improved, but I don't think he's any better now than he was when he fought gaethje for example.

I mean yeah Gaethtje isn't that long ago. Better than earlier days

Just wondering, is "payed" as opposed to "paid" another corny sherdog joke that was old and stale 10 years ago like "looser"?

Ok, I added the colorful biased ending. But for real, I've seen it a lot lately on here. Is it that people don't know? Or is it intentional?
It’s plain old shitty spelling, man.

Dustin definitely has shitty hip mobility, and its true that you can see it by the way he kicks. After his hip surgery, he wasn't even trying to sprawl against Dan hooker of all people. I don't know how much of a factor it will be, but I truly doubt his wrestling will be the same as it used to be, and even if it is as good as it used to be, I'm not sure if that will be enough

Dustin had a good guard game early in his career on the regional circuit and was never a good wrestler. He's skilled and well trained so the guy is competent, but in his physical prime the guy would be considered an average MMA wrestler.

His hips look pretty tweaked the last few years and he's been fortunate to fight virtually all kickboxers in a row with Khabib being the one exception.

I think Do Bronx is going to be able to take him down and will dominate on the mat.

Dustin is world class but people don't realize how good Charles is right now. He's still peaking and his confidence will be sky high.

It's tough to say, even if he gets him down I think he will gas out before he gets the sub. It's so hard to submit guys as good as Dustin, Chandler was able to get out of really bad positions, I think Dustin will do the same

The main reason Dustin is so tough is his cardio and durability, I almost always pick the guy that doesn't require the finish to win

If Do Bronx is anything, he's a finisher.

Chandler is an excellent grappler and a far better wrestler and counter wrestler then Dustin is, I would say by a wide margin. He did a great job getting out of trouble only to get knocked out dead in the second round. Charles is a problem everywhere you go.

Chandler is an excellent grappler and a far better wrestler and counter wrestler then Dustin is, I would say by a wide margin. He did a great job getting out of trouble only to get knocked out dead in the second round. Charles is a problem everywhere you go.

He is. But it depends if Oliveira can avoid getting touched up first AND not run out of time on the mat.

I do think if Oliveira can avoid getting starched early he has a pretty good shot at winning this.

Oliveira is much better than what people give him for. But we will see.

Chandler is a great wrestler, I don't think his BJJ is better than Dustin's though

I know people will say Khabib, but Khabib broke Dustin before he subbed him, I don't think Oliveira can break Dustin that way, he will have to submit a relatively fresh Dustin... tough sell for me

He is. But it depends if Oliveira can avoid getting touched up first AND not run out of time on the mat.

I do think if Oliveira can avoid getting starched early he has a pretty good shot at winning this.

Oliveira is much better than what people give him for. But we will see.
I think he gets credit, it's just tough to buy him as the #1 guy based on who he has/hasn't beaten

I’ve said it many times and I’ll say it again, Charles Oliveira is very underrated on his forum. He has all the weapons and experience it takes to defend this belt against the best fighters at LW.
You should've seen the way people talked about Poirier before the Gaethje fight....

I was getting flamed because I said Poirier would box his head off.

You should've seen the way people talked about Poirier before the Gaethje fight....

I was getting flamed because I said Poirier would box his head off.

That was a dog fight and Poirer got his legs wrecked, in interviews he's openly said he couldn't take more of those.

Poirer won because he has fight IQ and JG fights like a complete asshole.

Dustin's hips are shot. Completely shot. They were never good to begin with, but after his labrum surgery you can tell they are completely fucked by the way he kicks and how stiffly he moves.

His sprawl is completely gone, he can't defend double legs due to his hips. That's why he always goes for the guillotine.

If Oliveira is smart, he gets him with a double early and wrecks him on the ground.
Interesting... I'll tell you what though, he sure puts those hips into his punches!
@fortheo thoughts?

Back