These UFN cards are really watered down these days...

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Look at the main card for all the UFN's scheduled in the near future. The main events are good and sometimes co-main but after that it's weak AF. I haven't found myself really excited for a UFN card in awhile and it isn't getting any better. Yeah it's free but I tune in to see guys I like and am fans of otherwise it's like watching a Bellator card. Sure it's exciting when something crazy happens but you never know. Just me? Thoughts?

Then just watch the fights with the fighters you like in them?

Then just watch the fights with the fighters you like in them?

I watch them all just incase something crazy does happen and new prospects emerge. It's just the excitement going into the card isn't there.

This. There have always been weaker cards. I can live with some top heavy cards especially when the UFC are trying to grow and putting on show after show in new venues after new venues. The cards could be a LOT worse.

Not every PPV can have 2 title fights and 3 stacked main card fights below that. Not every fight night can look like UFC's first show on FS1

The fight pass cards are especially watered down but some of the other ones are really good on paper like the next one. Nothing to complain about really.

I still watch anyways. MMA is the only sport I watch or care for so any UFC card is good for me.

It's becoming more like boxing in that there are only a couple of decent fights per card and the rest are fillers. Luckily I record all the events so I can fast forward through the dross.

start betting on the fights, you'll notice your level of interest per fight goes up dramatically....

Bitching about watered down free cards that are stacked compared to older FN cards is stupid.

The televised fight night cards have been getting better actually. Tomorrow were getting Bendo, Diego, Pearson, Dodson, Moraga RDA, Caraway/Perez should be good. The fight pass cards are usually weak minus a decent main event.

Not many of the Spike cards were stacked at all. Most of the main events for those cards would be co mains at best by today's standards.

Imo most people just don't know a lot of the fighters well enough to care.Take an hour or two during the week of the events and watch some vids on the fighters you aren't as familiar with,watch fights,interviews etc.When you're familiar with the fighters it's of course more personal and easier to get interested in the fights.I love pretty much every card from top to bottom and I have been watching since UFC 1, I have never been burned out on mma or felt like cards suck.Everyone's different though,it is what it is but i'd say familiarize yourself more with the fighters and it will help a lot.For most of the cards the first fights are almost as interesting as the main events to me and sometimes more cause they are generally less predictable.I think tomorrow's card is pretty awesome and we have probably the greatest Cage Warriors card during the day leading up to it.Phenomenal day of mma and i'll probably catch the Martinez Cotto boxing match at the end of the night also.Last night we had Bellator and a solid RFA card... it's a good time to be an mma fan :D beats waiting 6 months between events like back in the day.

This card tonight is pretty awesome,no disrespect but if someone doesn't like cards like this then I can't really consider them big fans.It's their opinion but that's just my opinion too.

Last edited:
These UFC cards are watered down threads are really watered down these days

dead-horse.gif

Don't care. Watch or don't.

Watch new fighters fight and get to know them and their style, if you want to get more excited about them.

You still waiting for a Chuck comeback, TS?

Today's card is so good though. From top to bottom it's great. Even interested to see the first fight cause of Patrick Cummins.

These three espessially...
Benson Henderson vs. Rustam Khabilov YES!
Diego Sanchez vs. Ross Pearson YES!
John Dodson vs. John Moraga YES!

Back